BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 February 2014 - 17:35

Hey there Everyone.

We're working on a dozen new potions that will be added to the existing chests that spawn in the Realm. We're looking for feedback regarding the ones that we have in place thus far and we're looking for suggestions regard other possible potions.

Thus far we have : 

Draft of the Revenant Hunter :

Stalker and Necrosis, 250, 120 minutes.

Sundering Brew : 

Shatter Armor and Undermine, 250, 60 minutes.

Brew of the Buff Thief :

Spell Breaker and Spell Leech, 250, 60 minutes.

Draft of Healthy Aggression : 

Chi Strike 750 and Ageless 500, 90 minutes.

Potion of Enchantment : 

All Enchant item buffs. 175, 120 minutes.

Potion of Tenacity : 

Anti Deflect 400, 120 minutes.

Thoughts? Chests these could go into? 

Other potion ideas?

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 WyldLibrarian

WyldLibrarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 17:40

I think it is a very nice selection of buffs not normally seen at levels not available anywhere else in the game.

My question is for clarification: Potion of Enchantment, does it cover ALL items, or only the items that can normally be buffed or items normally only affected by potions?

#3 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 17:50

alchemist chest should remain untouched so it remains uber, i recommend adding mainly to crystal and gold key'd chests as they are the ones that cost so many tokens to open, my thoughts :)

#4 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 18:03

Good Pots Maybe add new pot Find Item 1200 and Reckoning 300 in Crystal chests :)

Though need to increase spawn rate of chests ... I have never found one by myself ever

Edited by shindrak, 07 February 2014 - 18:11.

#5 Entropy

Entropy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 February 2014 - 18:07

I very much like the idea of a something to spur people on to find chests - why not have more potions you cannot get anywhere else, or even a few potions with a difference such as:

• muscle enhancer (adds +2 to your damage stat permanently);
  • kendal mint cake (provides some stam immediately as if you have just earned a stam regain);
  • bulging pockets (adds +1 bp space permanently);
  • the taxman cometh (doubles guild tax for 24 hours for all guild members);
  • guild bonanza (casts a buff on all guild members for 24 hours of their choice).

And can we have different ways to open them - perhaps they need an item to open them rather than pay LPs or gold for a key. Perhaps a resource drop that has to be obtained - the greater the difficulty the better the reward.

Just some random thoughts  ;)

#6 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 18:14

Is the spawn rate of the chest's going to be more often or stay as is? Sense this has come out i have stumbled across 1 chest ...

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 February 2014 - 18:16

alchemist chest should remain untouched so it remains uber, i recommend adding mainly to crystal and gold key'd chests as they are the ones that cost so many tokens to open, my thoughts :)

Okay.

Though need to increase spawn rate of chests ... I have never found one by myself ever

That's something Hoofmaster and I have been considering, yes.

#8 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 18:32

Stalker and overkill would be a better combination then necrosis.

A high level 4 leaf (350-400)with maybe find item (1250)would be nice.

Smashing hammer 300 and keen edge 300

Lib 300 and conserve 300

Inv1 and inv2 350

#9 MiniManiac

MiniManiac

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 18:50

Draft of healthy aggression is a good pot to consider.. Possibly think of  another that covers GV300, AOP300, and Stouth Heart300.. Or something to that effect Packaged where there is a focus for HPs. Themed pots would seem like a good direction,. My only beef in the past has ever been having pots perfect for PvP/GvG tainted with level buffs and the vice versa.

#10 davidutz

davidutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 07 February 2014 - 18:54

the chests and potions are so good  i wood love to see chests spawn  like SE  :))   

Stalker and overkill would be a better combination then necrosis.

A high level 4 leaf (350-400)with maybe find item (1250)would be nice.

Smashing hammer 300 and keen edge 300

Lib 300 and conserve 300

Inv1 and inv2 350

+1

and maby  extractor 2  lvl 175 potion 

#11 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 19:01

Good Pots Maybe add new pot Find Item 1200 and Reckoning 300 in Crystal chests :)

+1, spawn rate for sure needs to increase..way to few being found...maybe even a timer on them after x amount of time not found...its realm (not area) is known to all..would make for some interesting races for chest hunting,..like real treasure chest hunting..i still think the contents should never be know..have the potions switch around different chest and keys..but for sure yaaaa to hear you are working on it.,.good luck..make it work

Edited by yodamus, 07 February 2014 - 19:02.

#12 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 February 2014 - 19:04

I would hope they would spawn more often... I have opened 2 chests one a guild mate found and one I found.... I know some in our Guild say they have never even found one at all.... 

#13 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 February 2014 - 19:21

I like the potions that are listed. I agree with upping the spawn rate of chests. 

I do not agree with KE300 and SH300 - I think those would be OP for chest items - keep them for global event buffs (since you're considering lowering the rewards so that more events can happen). 

I would agree to a higher FI + 4L potion.

What about a new potion for a new buff (Find Fragment) - essentially it would work like Find Item (ie you find an item), but essentially doubles what you find, with 1 item being automatically turned into fragments. 

#14 Placeboo

Placeboo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 19:40

This is OP, change Stalker buff , or maybe a 180 pot (remember it will be distil'd)

Sundering Brew : 

Shatter Armor and Undermine, 250, 60 minutes.

Good

Brew of the Buff Thief :

Spell Breaker and Spell Leech, 250, 60 minutes.

I Dont pvp, but this seems OP for pvpers

Draft of Healthy Aggression : 

Chi Strike 750 and Ageless 500, 90 minutes.

Potion of Enchantment : 

All Enchant item buffs. 175, 120 minutes.

OK, as long as there are not duplicates, ie armor , boots , helm

Potion of Tenacity : 

Anti Deflect 400, 120 minutes.

Good i guess, im sure pvpers will whine though

Thoughts? Chests these could go into? 

Potion chest (new)

Other potion ideas?

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#15 EVAN420 247

EVAN420 247

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 20:45

I think more potions sound great but the respawn rate is so low its almost not worth hunting them , i have found 1 chest in 3 years of constant farming in all resource drop locations and lvling , i think some new potions to invent would be a great addition. It would be nice to see a few 1200-1600 lvl buffs made into inventable potions.

#16 MiniManiac

MiniManiac

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:01

I think more potions sound great but the respawn rate is so low its almost not worth hunting them , i have found 1 chest in 3 years of constant farming in all resource drop locations and lvling , i think some new potions to invent would be a great addition. It would be nice to see a few 1200-1600 lvl buffs made into inventable potions.

+1 Never seen any sign of an illusive chest either, I know I have spent countless frustrating hours looking too.

#17 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:04

This is OP, change Stalker buff , or maybe a 180 pot (remember it will be distil'd)

It's found in a chest which is damned hard to find, the chest can then only be opened with a key, I'm betting crystal for this baby, which is damn expensive. I say, bring on the Overpoweredness :P

Cheers.

wil72

#18 Dracola

Dracola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:06

it could be a nice aspect of the game. but will it then be changed so its like opening a epic potion, with the different items/potions in a list or a sad randomizer?

is it still gonna be randomized where they are all over the world or will it say in the guide "possible xx chest"?

i like the idea of it spawning like a SE. but maybe with a longer spawnrate, and randomized in xx of maps?

perhaps :P

#19 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:06

I agree there should be a high level stalker potion, maybe similar to that handed out with the latest Xmas quest reward, but only in the crystal key chests.

A combo with golden shield and maybe high guard, level 250?

A Combo including either Armor Boost with Terrorize or shield wall with Flinch? Level 250 perhaps?

#20 Devilo

Devilo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 21:09

I've only found and opened 1 chest. :) (maybe i found another when i first started but i couldn't open it.)

I would definitely love to see a Merchant/Treasure Hunter pot. It could be called, "King Mida's Touch."  :P

Though people complain that there's too much gold in the game..  <_< ..  -_- I guess HCS has the final say.

Also, a Item Finder/Four Leaf pot called, "Luck of the Brew." would be awesome!  ^_^

Maybe put Merchant and Treasure Hunter with Gold Foot and make that the chest pots buffs cannot be cancelled.  :D that would fix the whole "More gold equals bad" idea.

Edited by Devilo, 07 February 2014 - 21:26.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: