Photo

professions - leatherworking - needs improvement.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xrxr1

xrxr1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:30

I enjoy the questing and crafting aspects of the game .Currently i am level 12 character through various quests and alot of grinding low level mobs to get my leatherworking skills up. So far skinning is at 13 and leatherworking is at 7 (not a great balance there).

I have completed boondocks and am nowhere near the level 10 in leatherworking that is required to craft the azraq helm.  I predict that my character would in fact level out of the boondocks set before i can even spend the necessary time required to complete my leatherworking to level 10 unless I spent every second devoted to improving the skill .

Here is where I feel some improvements need to be made.

Level 1    leatherworking gives +39 xp using 5   x tattered leather and 1 x smelly glue.

Level 5    leatherworking gives +43 xp using 8   x tattered leather and 2 x smelly glue.

Level 7    leatherworking gives +84 xp using 10 x tattered leather and  2 x smelly glue.

To improve my skill I am better off crafting the level 1 gear than the level 7 gear as i get +78 xp for crafting 2 x lvl 1 gear and only + 48 xp for 1 x lvl 7 gear. Equates to an extra +30 xp at the lower level for using the same amount of tattered leather and less glue. This does not make any sense to me at all.

Improvements in level should mean better rewards and I am not talking about the gear crafted as I doubt whether many players will be in need of crafted gear except of course the "set helms".

Dont have any time to test any further levels before wipe and release so hopefully HCS wilol read this post and decide if anything can be done .

Roll on release :) Looking forward to it.

Ranger - levels  -Alchemy 49 . Foraging 49 . Skinning 49 . Leatherworking 49 . Cooking 49 .  Forestry 49 . Cooking 49. Prospecting 49 .  Weaponsmithing 49 .  Farming 49. Fishing 49 . Crystal Cutting 49. Jewelry 49. Tailoring 49.   Armor smithing 49.

Done all the hard yards  - Crafted and Gathered everything myself in Beta version and currently as well..

#2 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:47

simlure issue as well with lvling AS / WS

Not sure same for tailoring as well or not, But many skill' exp per lvl don't = better reward's

Some twick's are need as for lvling skill = better exp not less - cost more

note skinning in it self!

chicken's

Pig - 38 - 40 exp

next up black bat;s lvl 3 not sure exp about same

shigras lvl 7 very small exp bump

lvl 8 Northham pig's

lvl 9 Barren trails'

Exp based lvl not much change! 1 exp more or so!

Some issue are on obtaing rare mats and what npc skinning has them!

Edited by redsmokeboy, 24 November 2013 - 07:52.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#3 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2013 - 14:28

It's the same with tailoring.  I brought this up before in this thread:

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=59387

Looks like they're going to do some more tweaking, so I guess we'll have to wait til launch to see if anything works out better.

Wondering how many rares did you get from skinning?  I'm trying to compare the other skills to that of farming...as I think farming needs a serious tweak to rare chances.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#4 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2013 - 15:09

Before open beta, farmers got about 2-3 rares for 200 or so crops, if I recall correctly. There were ways to increase that rate, but I did not use them more than once.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#5 Hic242

Hic242

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 November 2013 - 15:41

Completely agree. Also, for armor making there are two lvl 2 things you can make. Copper boots or copper helm.

Copper boots need 5 copper bars, copper helm needs 8 copper bars. They give the same amount of experience meaning it is stupid to make helms for xp.

Since they are the same level, I think that the xp they give should be proportionate to how many bars they use.

'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

#6 xrxr1

xrxr1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:45

Level 13 skinning - if I can recall I ended up with just over 20 ragged pelts - I have no idea of how many creatures skinned that equates to though.

Ranger - levels  -Alchemy 49 . Foraging 49 . Skinning 49 . Leatherworking 49 . Cooking 49 .  Forestry 49 . Cooking 49. Prospecting 49 .  Weaponsmithing 49 .  Farming 49. Fishing 49 . Crystal Cutting 49. Jewelry 49. Tailoring 49.   Armor smithing 49.

Done all the hard yards  - Crafted and Gathered everything myself in Beta version and currently as well..

#7 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:32

And at 14 farming I had 4 ethereal jutes.  Terrible rate for farming comparatively.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: