Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2016 - 19:47

So we've been thinking of what would be a good new feature for the game with the following aims / aspects to it:

Competitive.

Accessible to all player levels.

Interesting (i.e. something always happening in the game)

Rewarding.

With that in mind, we came up with the idea of Daily Events. The idea behind this would be an event that runs in the game every day with a leaderboard and rewards. It would be possible to see the current leaderboard and also the following days upcoming event. The starting time for the events would slowly shift around by an hour or so each day to ensure that all timezones got an opportunity to be online towards the end of the events.

So what would these events actually be?

Each event would run for 24 hours and be for either players or guilds. Each event would be along the lines of the following:

Kill the most of a certain creature class (Vermin, Demon etc.)

Kill the most of a certain creature type (Champion, Elite etc.)

Cast the most buffs on other players.

Invent the most items.

Most PvP victories.

Most Guild Conflict victories.

Most items found on creatures (by type / rarity)

etc.

What would the rewards be?

We think there are actually already enough currencies in the game and due to making the events available to all player levels items wouldn't be an ideal reward. Therefore we're thinking of making the rewards for the events Fallen Sword Points. These would be tiered so that more than just the top player / guild in the event gets something. We're thinking along the following lines:

1st: 'a' FSPs

2nd to 10th: 'b' FSPs

11th to 25th: 'c' FSPs

26th to 50th: 'd' FSPs

51st to 100th: 'e' FSPs

(Where a is the most and e is the least - going to leave actual numbers out of it for the moment)

There would also be events that have increased rewards (for example some weekends). For player based events, the players would receive the FSPs, for guild based events (which would be a combined score for players contributing to the events within the same guild) the FSPs would be added to the guild so they could be used for guild upgrades. The final numbers may vary but hopefully this gives the idea of it :)

Thoughts? :D

Cheers,
Hoof

#2 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 19:56

I like. :)

og3DxyP.gif

#3 Callithrix

Callithrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 19:56

It is true that the individual competitions will most likely be ruled by the huge stam banks, BUT you guys get my up vote for the idea of having something happening daily! :D

Awesome, I say :)

Edited by Callithrix, 06 July 2016 - 19:57.

#4 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 19:58

I like this idea hoof. Something new for the game and will bring a new excitement with it. Also the fact it will running each day that means that people will always have something new and competitive to do should they wish. Rewards are very lucrative as well. Well worth striving for. No more potions that might be considered controversial for whatever reason is a smart move also.

Don't mean to be off topic but I noticed you locked the PvP seasons thread citing this as the thread to look for as your answer. How would this system enable us to attain the PvP seasons medals? Or are the seasons going to run as a proper global event separate to this system? Please answer this question. And by answer I do mean by an admin. :)

Thank you for this new idea. Great to see a new initiative for the game. Hope the community can work with you to make it work. :)

#5 EzioEx

EzioEx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 19:59

Good Idea!

But make them that high level players wont have advandage over lower players . then it would be awesome!

#6 balaaa

balaaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:00

I think it's a good idea BUT it's not accessible to all levels because the high level players have 20k+ stam meanwhile players like myself with only 5k stamina have no chance of ever getting top10 rewards.

ofc we could get top100 sometimes but...

still, good idea!!

#7 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:00

It is true that the individual competitions will most likely be ruled by the huge stam banks, BUT you guys get my up vote for the idea of having something happening daily! :D

Awesome, I say :)

that is true but once that stam has been used can take weeks if not months to replace so will count them out for a while

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:05

Don't mean to be off topic but I noticed you locked the PvP seasons thread citing this as the thread to look for as your answer. How would this system enable us to attain the PvP seasons medals? Or are the seasons going to run as a proper global event separate to this system? Please answer this question. And by answer I do mean by an admin. :)

Thank you for this new idea. Great to see a new initiative for the game. Hope the community can work with you to make it work. :)

The Daily Events would have their own medals. I would say this was superior to PvP Seasons in that the PvP Seasons had the same issue as the ladder in that it needs to be opt-in (which I don't think would be good to change). I'm suggesting that the PvP aspects of the Daily Events would essentially allow PvP to become part of an event without the need to have another new system / opt-in. 

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:06

Ignoring all comments at this point and simply responding to OP:

I like it, as long as it is truly tiered to make it an even playing field.

Without thinking too much, I'm not sure whether that's level based or stam-gain based and I have a gut feeling that's complicated to decide.

Another "gut feeling" is that I don't like the GvG idea. However, that's not a hardcore dislike. Actually seems like, given the suggestion, it could be reasonable.

Again, just first reaction. Huge Egami diatribe may or may not be in the works much later, lol.

EDIT: multi-tasking and forgot to say thanks for thinking outside the box. (o0

Edited by Egami, 06 July 2016 - 20:08.

#10 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

that is true but once that stam has been used can take weeks if not months to replace so will count them out for a while

Yeah - I think with the events happening every day I think it would be unlikely that the same player would constantly be 1st in them all :)

#11 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

make it daily quests that reset every day simple quests give smaller rewards harder quests give bigger rewards

kill 25 elites get x amount of gold or fsp

kill 5 super elites get x amount of gold or fsp

done it hand in the quest and the next day you can start the quest again

things that can be done every day tends to keep people coming back every day to do these tasks 

add a daily quest completed medal with 25x the amount of completions needed per tier as the normal quest medals and  you are bound for a long grind :P

Edited by crippla, 06 July 2016 - 20:08.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:08

I like it, as long as it is truly tiered to make it an even playing field.

It would be accessible to all as the event targets wouldn't be tied to a specific level. For example if the event was to get the most "Vermin" kills, it wouldn't matter if the creatures being killed were level 1 or 1,000.

#13 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:09

Huge stam banks shouldn't be always excluded, but a few events should be limited by stamina, for example  1500 stamina limit to hunt down as many common items as possible,  or kill as many elites as possible.  

How to do this... have a button to click starting your quest. from that point each stamina you use is counted against your limit.

I do caution against having open to all levels. A minimum level needs to be established to help prevent people making multiple accounts for an advantage.  I suggest 150 - 200, Why because anyone playing below that level is still learning the game, and most likely would not be competitive.  Also it is an incentive to level :)

Overall I think this idea is good, and as long as the events are as fair as possible, have a good mix, and the community keeps the complaining down, You guys have a good idea rolling 

Edited by Whammies, 06 July 2016 - 20:11.

#14 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Yeah - I think with the events happening every day I think it would be unlikely that the same player would constantly be 1st in them all :)

exactly :)

exactly :)

#15 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

make it daily quests that reset every day simple quests give smaller rewards harder quests give bigger rewards

kill 25 elites get x amount of gold or fsp

kill 5 super elites get x amount of gold or fsp

done it hand in the quest and the next day you can start the quest again

things that can be done every day tends to keep people coming back every day to do these tasks 

add a daily quest completed medal with 25x the amount of completions needed per tier as the normal quest medals and  you are bound for a long grind :P

I like the idea of daily quests too, but in addition to this rather than instead of :)

#16 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:11

Nice idea. Two thoughts:

The exchange rate for people who donate will change I assume? Once there is more FSP to be earned in game the incentive to donate real money will decrease. This might lead you to lower the exchange rate. This is ok by me.

As far as content goes, my suggestion:

Could the daily event be a daily quest? Each day may vary as far as the storyline, tasks and rewards. To make it easy on the devs, this could have some kind of variance in the code - I don't know how. But if it was more than simply logging stats of most kills per player or guild, it will be less cumbersome and inspire adventure.

#17 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:12

I like the idea in theory, but I'm curious as to how those FSP would be distributed?  The only reason I ask is that say a guild is maxed out in upgrades, depositing that FSP into the guild bank directly serves no purpose to said guild.  If you do deposit it directly, you need to give an option to withdraw that FSP so it can be used for other guild expenses.

Other than that, I support this idea.  I also think it'd be cool if a reward was a Guild Wide Buff Pack, similar to that of RP packs.  But you'd need to make it activatable as opposed to activated immediately, if that makes sense.  Basically so we could activate it when we see fit.

#18 Whammies

Whammies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

I like the idea of daily quests too, but in addition to this rather than instead of :)

I think that is good as well.  

#19 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

i like it a lot :D

it will give us who log in daily to lurk something to do..

#20 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 20:13

like the idea..somewhere there is a thread about daily events that had loads of great ideas..buried deep in the forums..cant seem to find..oh well..hopefully something comes out of this idea..but whatever it is..fairness is a must..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: