random idea

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gothador_sinaarrgghh

gothador_sinaarrgghh
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:59

ok I'll do my best to explain this. basically I was thinking of using a characters name to effect events. Could be used in a lot of ways but the silly one I thought of was trap squares that assassinate you when you wanl on them.

ok say you enter at point A and need to get to B. x marks a trap square

---
|A|
------
|x|x|x|
-------------
|x|x|x|x|x|
------------------
|x|x|x|x|x|x|x|
------------------
|_|_|_|B|_|_|_|

take the first 3 letters of my name sin. turn then into ascii values gives 115,105,110 add all the digits together and repeat until they are blow 10 (will become clear later) 7,6,2 and divide by 3 rounding up over. 3,3,2 so now in the above map the only safe way for me to get through would be marked by 0

---
|A|
------
|x|x|0|
-------------
|x|x|x|x|0|
------------------
|x|x|x|x|x|0|x|
------------------
|_|_|_|B|_|_|_|

Now Toneboogie on the same squares would have 84,111,110 so run the digits one and you get 12,3,2. Run them again since 12 is too high and you get 3,3,2. Then divide them by 3 and you get 1,1,2. So thats a different route again.

It's only a basic idea and I'm sure someone more awake will be able to come up with a slightly different idea for this so that is is both different for each character and the same each time they go there.

EDIT. it seems to have lost all the spaces I used to align the squares sorry. A should be in a direct line with B.

#2 gothador_maximus

gothador_maximus
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:58

OUCH! Math!!! :evil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: