5 replies to this topic

#1 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 November 2020 - 15:01

my idea would be for players to be able to extend Fsbox messages (ability to auto renew message for up to 48 hours 2 fsp per hour in auto extend mode)

Edited by gapukas, 06 November 2020 - 15:02.

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 22:01

I don't think I want to see someone's "Buy My Stuff" ad for 48 hours, especially when they sold the item after 2 hours.  While I might agree to a two hour max ad for am additional cost, anything longer is just too much.  Besides, who wants to spend 96 FSP to sell their stuff?  Most people wouldn't come close to making their money back on that ad.

Edited by yotekiller, 06 November 2020 - 22:04.

Screenshot everything!

#3 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:58

I don't think I want to see someone's "Buy My Stuff" ad for 48 hours, especially when they sold the item after 2 hours.  While I might agree to a two hour max ad for am additional cost, anything longer is just too much.  Besides, who wants to spend 96 FSP to sell their stuff?  Most people wouldn't come close to making their money back on that ad.

Its basically only useful for guild ads, for other stuff its a huge waste of fsp thats why they wont do it - someone might use it to flex their fsp and its a good fsp dump then lol.

Edited by gapukas, 08 November 2020 - 05:59.

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:53

Its basically only useful for guild ads, for other stuff its a huge waste of fsp thats why they wont do it - someone might use it to flex their fsp and its a good fsp dump then lol.

Guilds have a front page ad already, with the option to extend this for 24 hours at a time.  And there's also the  main shout box, also on home page, where messages will last till they fall off the list, which is usually some days.  FSBox appears to serve its purpose to me just fine, and I normally just use it to sell buffs....  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:42

Guilds have a front page ad already, with the option to extend this for 24 hours at a time.  And there's also the  main shout box, also on home page, where messages will last till they fall off the list, which is usually some days.  FSBox appears to serve its purpose to me just fine, and I normally just use it to sell buffs....  

one might argue that there's a featuring feature in buff market

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:20

one might argue that there's a featuring feature in buff market

yes, there is, but most of my packages are single buffs at the low low price of 6666 gold.  I throw up a dot on the FS box, and by the end of my stam, I have millions.  I see no need to expend any more than that.  

The FSBox has enough spam as it is.  I imagine at least half the time it's one player sniping at another or some other silliness.  We really don't need any extensions of that.  

If you want to advertise your guild, use the spot on the front page.  That already has an extended time feature in place.  And posts on the main Shoutbox on the very same front page remain until cycled off by subsequent messages, which aren't nearly as frequent now as they were 10 years ago.  

Edited by BadPenny, 09 November 2020 - 06:20.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: