BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:00

Hi there everyone.

We've heard the feedback regarding Stamina Gain on Relics. While we don't see any benefit from stripping it from existing higher level relics, (it'd just cause ill will with those holding them), we have no problem seeding them through lower levels.

Our question to you, the Community is this: Would you have a problem with us changing the stats of lower Relics to allow for moving those stats to Stamina Gain or would we be looking at simply adding it?

We'll have an in game poll running and feedback here with any reasoning is greatly appreciated.

Poll broken. Will put it back up once repaired.

~ Grim

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:09

the poll is broken - only one option available

Screenshot everything!

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:10

And the poll is broken. Removed it until it's fixed.

~ Grim

#4 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:41

The vocal minority getting their way again is it? What "feedback" are you supposedly responding to?

"my tiny disorganised guild should get the same perks as the larger/older guilds that have worked hard for years to get where they are!"

As far as I can tell, you are saying that instead of working hard on teamwork and building something together, players can just whine until they get what they want. oh wait...

This is going to cause huge problems for the quiet majority. If you are going to make fundamental changes to game balance like this then we will need a way to relinquish our relics.

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:48

We will need a way to relinquish our relics.

And we can look at that.

~ Grim

#6 disavow

disavow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:54

Would there be an option to drop your current relics in order to take on new relics with stam gain? I mean how would it be possible to switch over if you are stuck with a bunch of non stam gain relics and want to convert to stam gain lower level relics?

#7 disavow

disavow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:02

I would be interested in seeing a reduction to the stats of the attacker the more relics you hold. Similar to the way your stats as a defender are reduced when you hold more relics. 

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:08

Would there be an option to drop your current relics in order to take on new relics with stam gain? I mean how would it be possible to switch over if you are stuck with a bunch of non stam gain relics and want to convert to stam gain lower level relics?

Answered in the post directly above yours.

~ Grim

#9 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:37

I would be interested in seeing a reduction to the stats of the attacker the more relics you hold. Similar to the way your stats as a defender are reduced when you hold more relics.

^ This. Since hcs are looking into relics already.

#10 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 12:03

I would be nice to see some of the 'best perks' in the game going to the small guilds, but all this will do it feed the medium size guilds. The levels they are in is somewhat irrelevant, as the higher levels can obv get into any level realm so can dominate a level 4,500 relic or level 20 relic. It doesn't matter on location, they will be dominated

Whilst I personally don't care too much to aspire to acquire one myself, I don't think will help any small guild based on location.

Players have long wanted the ability to increase personal stamina gain beyond 25/25 on the upgrade page.

Introduce an expansion, as a gold upgrade, for +5 personal stamina gain.

I don't think this should happen but I don't think its wholly stupid, but limit the amount able to be gained to +10 per guild ,which quite frankly is AMPLE vs those who cannot even get +1 gain or afford to get level 3 Endurance Shrine (that's me! lol)

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 12:36

I have no problem changing some lower level relics to add stam gain. Although +4's and +2 1250 max stam 5% stats and such should be reserved for EOC in my opinion. 

I would like to see more Relics like The Temple of the Gods.

Bear in mind, relics are busted to begin with. Fundamentally things need to change about them, start with removing the debuff for holding more. It's enough of a debuff to spread your member more ways let alone debuff the lead defender more. On top of that we need a buff to counteract Reign of Terror (Or remove this buff from the game). I believe the design issues go deeper than this but this would even the field for defending.

1. Relics are boring

2. Offense has such an advantage

3. Why is there so many useless relics

4. i don't see a world where it's cost effective to ever defend them in their current iteration (Before sparing a few stamina to buff the lead was enough, now you'd have to be 24/7 composing among other things to hope to hold it)

How to change the meta of relics and incentivize actually defending them rather than taking them back hourly.

1. remove Reign of Terror or add a buff to counteract it
2. remove lead defender debuff
3. add a debuff when offense tries to take a relic based on amount they have
***Most important*** 4. Remove stam gain from epics and add gems that can be socketed/enchants for stam gain
(This a maybe) 5. possibly cap some buff levels on relic combat. 

For the people that have old epics that used to have stam gain/max stam they should receive the gem and the item should be changed to not have stam gain anymore. This way no one loses anything.

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 June 2021 - 13:24.

#12 werswet

werswet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 12:38

Players have long wanted the ability to increase personal stamina gain beyond 25/25 on the upgrade page.

Introduce an expansion, as a gold upgrade, for +5 personal stamina gain.

I agree with this proposal :)

#13 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 14:39

Perhaps you could post 3 or 4 examples, to show how the changes would look?

#14 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 15:15

1. Abandon Relic Button.
2. If atleast one person in guild is not defending Relic it should get Auto Abandoned
( I mean the purpose of Relic Defense is to defend not leave empty )
3. Max out the number of Stam gain relics a Guild can hold. ( Example 2 per guild )
( Only guilds that can successfully hold the +4 stam relics are the Pay to Play guilds )
4. Do Not create a cooldown for capturing relics that’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while
5 Make Defending more overpowered than attacking. It is extremely easy to take a relic and extremely Difficult to Defend.

6. I’ll think of more but I’m currently at work and stressed out enough as is. I only briefly read most posts
Have a great day all and hope my 5 thoughts I could think of help if not… oh well.. I tried

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 15:54

1. Abandon Relic Button.
2. If atleast one person in guild is not defending Relic it should get Auto Abandoned
( I mean the purpose of Relic Defense is to defend not leave empty )
3. Max out the number of Stam gain relics a Guild can hold. ( Example 2 per guild )
( Only guilds that can successfully hold the +4 stam relics are the Pay to Play guilds )
4. Do Not create a cooldown for capturing relics that’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while
5 Make Defending more overpowered than attacking. It is extremely easy to take a relic and extremely Difficult to Defend.

6. I’ll think of more but I’m currently at work and stressed out enough as is. I only briefly read most posts
Have a great day all and hope my 5 thoughts I could think of help if not… oh well.. I tried

1. okay

2. okay

3. why? If a guild can maintain them let them. Want one, take it. Can't maintain it then work towards it. Capping will only make relics more mundane and there will be even less relic competition. Relics are not pay to play, rather you just need active members. This suggestion just makes it so inactive people who don't play can have some. This very ideology has been ruining the game since around 2013-14.

4. maybe reduce the CD

5. okay, maybe not more although more balanced for sure.

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 June 2021 - 16:05.

#16 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 18:18

Sorry I should have said do not create a longer cooldown 1 hour to wait to capture is plenty of time to wait

#17 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 19:54

add +1 stamina to very lower levels relics, +2 to low level relics, +3 to medium level relics, +4 to high relics, and +5 to highest relics  (empowered all wiil be double)..  same philosophy as epics work..  low level epics give small stamina gain..  higher give more...

low level players should be happy..  medium players as well..  and same goes for EOCers..

and if all this prob is about stamina gains, perhaps consider either upgrade the personal +25/25 stamina gain per hour from player upgrades,

or add another 1-2 levels to Endurance Shrine

#18 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 19:54

guilds get 1 space for a relic plus upto 5 spaces with upgrades for a max of 6 relics.

those guilds with one relic are at a disadvantage to those with more relics.

part of relic strategy is not to get stuck with a relic, forcing need for upgrade. getting stuck with relics is important part of game.

1. why just stam gain? been mentioned, what about stam? and damage?

2. adding seems easier, affecting wiki less.

3. message on home and forum. giving notice and seeking feedback. nice.

4. player post #58 in pinned feedback and suggestions made suggestion, no whining.

5. relinquishing relics is important but violates getting stuck. should only relinquish if relic spaces are full (not maxed) with chance of relinquishing another relic (excepting guild with 1 relic filling the only 1 space) by taking a relic.
be nice to depower relics, gold drain can be hard on some mature guilds. empowering requires chance, depowering should require chance.

6. attackers attack when chance of a win. so attacker adjust to new situation.

7. remember values when relic is fully empowered. don't want too powerful relics.

8. gems? that is another cow game.

9. more gold upgrades for individual players? might help.

10. what is a relic button? [edit: oh, a button to abandon relics thus violating the getting stuck policy. relinquishing a relic should be more difficult.]

11. auto-abandon? because one can't defeat an undefended relic? also, a way to relinquish relic with no consequences. relic is responsibility of the guild that took it.

12. cooldown is great.

Edited by michael65, 11 June 2021 - 12:00.

#19 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2021 - 20:10

Personally, I see no problem with all stam gain relics being the same plusses - after all, 'tis (for the most part) lower level players that need their stamina recharged more quickly than those of us (not I) at EOC who (failing other activities) sit waiting for new content.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#20 Roach

Roach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2021 - 20:18

as we all know  many aspects of the game need renewal - this is great news - 

I support a cap of X stam gain per hour by way of relics

have everyone stripped of thier old relics when the new ones are produced and released (should satisfy the masses ) 

perhaps a guild upgrade : 10 fsp to abandon 1 random relic under its control 

please oh please update the FSguide with the relics on release day - or very close to it 

cooldown on relic captures? maybe atleast 10 mins btw captures - we do have players that like to walk and cap 6 relics all at once  - usually targetting 1 other guilds relics only -  

perhaps make it so a relic uses up the entire chain of group attacks (meaning i need a new group before i can take the next relic) as an alternative to the above 

a + stam gain for gold upgrade might be useful - perhaps only +2 available 

while adding new stuff to relics is welcomed pretty much by everyone I hope that relic competitons will not deminish... Relic exchanges encourage activity and teamwork - 

maybe something new like - the ability to hire a merc to sit on a relic - bringing the old mercenary system back to use again

make capturing relics a permission assignable by guild leader in Ranks

make capturing relics a permission assignable by guild leader in Ranks

Edited by Roach, 10 June 2021 - 20:20.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: