• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 23:30

I just recently discovered how great the new buff market is.  Glanced at first, but never took time to see how it really works, and boy was I pleased.  That said I instantly started brainstorming ideas on where the market could go next. 

I think it would be outstanding if the purchaser had control over the destination the buffs being bought were going.  Of course I had GvG in mind when mulling over the idea in my head, but I think it is natural to envision the benefits of something you would personally put to use.  I think the good of the suggestion stretches beyond GvG - a friend wanting to buy another friend or mate buffs for hunting or any other venue would be another use- and could take place efficiently, and quickly without having to find, communicate the third party request (where mistakes happen so very often), and pay. 

In addition I thought of arguments that could arise - again first thing to come to mind was players having buffs cast on others in attempt to disable someones defenses, or with malicious intent.  To this the blocking preference comes to mind -and I think the payment should take place regardless of target players accepting the buff - thus costing the buyer nonetheless. 

I think this implemented could actually promote sales to the buffers; while making a further convenience to players, and make the venue of GvG more competitive.  

Thanks for any feedback or anyone branching off this idea ~ Rye

#2 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:04

People can buy their own hunting buffs. If you want to pay for them, then just send them the gold. With GvG in mind, then I see a lot of potential for abuse if you automate buffing for offline players. Blocking preferences can be set, but you would have to be setting and changing these prefences a lot then.

#3 thefool37

thefool37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:08

The Buff Market currently disregards blocking of buffs. I have Nightmare Visage blocked but am able to buy it through the Buff Market.

#4 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:31

yes, I reported that before in the game update thread. I have doubler and some others blocked, but get them buffed through the buff market.

#5 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2014 - 18:54

could be abusable ... buff market works wonderfull right now  with the insta buffing

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#6 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:59

The Buff Market currently disregards blocking of buffs. I have Nightmare Visage blocked but am able to buy it through the Buff Market.

I didn't know this.  I don't care for this and wish my Block Preferences were respected, but good to know and I'll pay attention now.  I have bought buff packages that were priced right that overlapped to get all the buffs I needed, or included a buff or two i didn't want, but the package had other things I wanted and the price was right.

I'm not in favor of allowing us to buy buffs for others using the Buff Market, as then the buyer is hidden.
There are a couple guilds that have routinely buffed me while I was hitting in GvG and buffed guildmates with buffs that were detrimental in defense.  The only buff I've ever given to a target player I'm hitting is UB.  Most of our guild has NMV blocked, but if Buff Market over-rides this, then that's not good if anyone can buy it for another player.

I know Ryebred is an honorable player and would focus his suggestion on his guild, but unfortunately other guilds who can't win fairly will resort to under-handed tactics -- though they frequently loose despite this.

I have, like Rye, bought buffs for my guild members and if you find a buffer through the market - if they're still online then we can contact them directly to orchestrate.   Though all of that being said, I'm not GvG'ig anymore because no one else in my guild likes figuring out PvP and we can no longer solo a GvG.  

Only support if - we can only buy for guildmates only, and allies must be excluded, as many of us have an ally or two we'd like to drop buy we don't because we don't want the related drama.

Hunting buffs - that's easy, you send the gold/fsp to the player and they buy themselves.

Edited by BraveKath, 09 February 2014 - 04:13.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: