9 replies to this topic

#1 SlvrYeti

SlvrYeti

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 August 2013 - 17:10

Some of the following have already been mentioned but here is what I feel would greatly improve the game.

#1 - Option to open all bags at once

As the title suggests, I'd like the option to open all of my bags at once.

#2 - Quick Transfer

I'd like the option to use a key command + click to quickly transfer things from my bag to my stash and vise versa.

#3 - Invert camera

I'd like the option to invert A + D to pan the camera.

#4 - Mining/Pick Action

It's annoying that when mining, after every attempt, the character puts his/her pick away and has to get it out again.

#5 - Bigger stacks (Popular request)

Already mentioned many times. Ore needs to go into bigger stacks then 10. 20 would be good.

#6 - Hovering over an item

I'd like to be able to hover over an item and for it to count the quantity of the item I have in all my bags and tell me what it is. So if I have 10 Copper Ore + 10 Copper Ore + 3 Copper Ore in another bag it would tell me I have 23 in total.

#7 - You're -> I'm

When your character is speaking to his/herself, it should really be "I'm hitting bedrock" not "You're hitting bedrock". Who is telling me I'm hitting bedrock?

#8 - Home stone cooldown

Hovering over your home stone should tell you the cool down. You shouldn't have to attempt to use it to see if you can yet and it would be nice to know when it's due to be ready.

#9 - Pets can't keep up

My NCPet can't keep up with my character. It often lags behind and as a result despawns.

#10 - Whispers

I feel whispers need their own chat tab.

#11 - Chat width

On larger screens, the option to extend the width of the chat window would be a nice addition.

#12 - Quest log

The quest log is pretty complicated I feel. I feel it should have Main Quest, Side Quest and Craft Quest tabs. Presently, I've found myself stuck in a loop doing crafting quests until it was pointed out that I won't progress the game doing them now.

Sounds like a lot but all of the above (coming from a new player) would make the game much better in my opinion.

#2 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 17 August 2013 - 17:23

#1 - Option to open all bags at once

As the title suggests, I'd like the option to open all of my bags at once.

Good Idea, its annoying trying to find something in all bags :P

#2 - Quick Transfer

I'd like the option to use a key command + click to quickly transfer things from my bag to my stash and vise versa.

Also a good idea. Id like to be able to sell stuff faster than we can right now.

#3 - Invert camera

I'd like the option to invert A + D to pan the camera.

I dont mind any way, but an option to change it would be good for those who wants to.

#4 - Mining/Pick Action

It's annoying that when mining, after every attempt, the character puts his/her pick away and has to get it out again.

Equip your pickaxe/axe when mining/cutting trees to make it go faster and he wont put it away.

Already mentioned many times. Ore needs to go into bigger stacks then 10. 20 would be good.

This is not needed. Buy the bags/sacks thats available in the Mystical Market. They are also very cheap.

#6 - Hovering over an item

I'd like to be able to hover over an item and for it to count the quantity of the item I have in all my bags and tell me what it is. So if I have 10 Copper Ore + 10 Copper Ore + 3 Copper Ore in another bag it would tell me I have 23 in total.

Sounds neat. But not really needed. 

#7 - You're -> I'm

When your character is speaking to his/herself, it should really be "I'm hitting bedrock" not "You're hitting bedrock". Who is telling me I'm hitting bedrock?

Idk, i never got annoyed by it.

#8 - Home stone cooldown

Hovering over your home stone should tell you the cool down. You shouldn't have to attempt to use it to see if you can yet and it would be nice to know when it's due to be ready.

Would be nice.

#9 - Pets can't keep up

My NCPet can't keep up with my character. It often lags behind and as a result despawns.

Yeah, this is really annoying -.-

#10 - Whispers

I think whispers goes to all tabs but group. I could be wrong tho. And if you are out there forging bars and someone whispers and you normaly wouldnt see it, just click the Realm Chat and it should be there. 
But the problem will occur later on when the game have grown to many thousands of players. So a pretty good idea.

#11 - Chat width

On larger screens, the option to extend the width of the chat window would be a nice addition.

Been suggested before, not sure what HCS said about it.

#12 - Quest log

The quest log is pretty complicated I feel. I feel it should have Main Quest, Side Quest and Craft Quest tabs. Presently, I've found myself stuck in a loop doing crafting quests until it was pointed out that I won't progress the game doing them now.

Questbook has been simplified already. But those ideas are awesome! I already feel like I couldnt play/do quests without those tabs.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#3 SlvrYeti

SlvrYeti

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 August 2013 - 17:26

#4 - Mining/Pick Action

Equip your pickaxe/axe when mining/cutting trees to make it go faster and he wont put it away.

Thanks for the tip!

#4 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 August 2013 - 17:53

Suggestions that I agree with and have nothing to add skipped.  Though some, as Zook pointed out are nice but not really needed.

#2 - Quick Transfer

control-left click works for trade, sell, and quest windows.  With bags and bank, how would it know which to transfer to?

#4 - Mining/Pick Action

Make sure it's in the main hand.  If it's equipped off-hand, you still get the 'take it out' animation.

Not sure about this one.  Be more convenient, but might throw off the crafting balance.

#7 - You're -> I'm

That mysterious overlords, the terror of all game characters:  The game developers, those beings of ultimate power that in the end decide your fate, putting those thoughts about hitting bedrock in your head.  :)

I always thought it should say something like "Used up.  Move along now, stop wasting everyone's time."

(Actually, I agree.  But I couldn't resist having some fun.)

#10 - Whispers

Way back HCS said they intended to make the chat tabs configurable, and add a world chat.  That's the best long term solution, but not sure when this might actually happen.

#11 - Chat width

Maybe they will make the entire chat window configurable?

#12 - Quest log

I agree.  A couple of better filters for quest display and the ability to select more then one active quest would fix this, IMO.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#5 Veronique

Veronique

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 August 2013 - 15:22

If you have your pick ax equipped you get less xp when mining. Was out mining bronze the other day without my pick ax equipped was getting between 93 xp -116 xp when I equipped my pick ax i noticed i was only getting between 83xp - 97xp. So you can mine faster with it equipped but u get more xp if u take the slow route

Find me In game  Veronique (ranger) Vero (mage) Miss_V (warrior)

#6 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 20 August 2013 - 17:14

If you have your pick ax equipped you get less xp when mining. Was out mining bronze the other day without my pick ax equipped was getting between 93 xp -116 xp when I equipped my pick ax i noticed i was only getting between 83xp - 97xp. So you can mine faster with it equipped but u get more xp if u take the slow route

Thats pretty stupid o.O

91ig7l.png

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#7 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 August 2013 - 18:12

I remember reading somewhere that gathering XP was tied to the time it takes.  It was meant to even out the leveling of gathering different items.  So I guess 'time it takes' is real time, and not a generic amount.

I'll stick with equipping.  I'll bet the XP per hour is the same either way (less gathers for more xp each, or more for less xp).  But you would gather more material per hour with the higher gather/lower xp method.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#8 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 20 August 2013 - 20:10

More material would also mean more forging/crafting done. So I guess you would make more Xp that way anyway.

91ig7l.png

#9 Goddess

Goddess

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 August 2013 - 00:24

nice ideas i love to hear what others have to say about eldevin

#10 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:57

#10 - Whispers

Only issue i have with thi is same collor as other chat , can change Collor would be hepfull easy see , Vs red wispered

Yellow text red wispered

Own chat tab not needed, collor Change would help filter thought msg and chitt chat!

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: