Alteration's Content

There have been 135 items by Alteration (Search limited from 27-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#923795 remove temple of sand

Posted by Alteration on 16 March 2015 - 11:10 in Suggestions

Actually, the normal mobs outside of Sands, the bullasaurs/scorpions, 2 camp rotation, have better drop rate than ToS.  So does Taranuka, or other areas. ToS is just "easy", but not the "best".

#918334 Thats just ridiculous! [Supporter Button... Pff]

Posted by Alteration on 05 February 2015 - 19:09 in Suggestions

I've been playing for a year now, give or take a couple months :)

And I've supported half that time playing

I have no idea there was an auto loot button XD

#916540 Lots of bugs with ranger talents and damage values

Posted by Alteration on 22 January 2015 - 14:36 in Bug Reports

Tornado is definitely broken in terms of the damage it's outputting. That will be getting fixed.

It sounds like something is also generally affecting the damage of a lot of Ranger attacks, we'll look into the issue and aim to resolve it.

Eagle Eye does work correctly but seems it is easily misinterpreted. From the description "Your Ranged Attacks reduce your enemies armor by 5/10/15% for 5s" it applies a % reduction specifically to the target's "Armor".

Some example numbers:

Armor 1894 = Defense 27.62%

when hit with 3 points in Eagle Eye loses 15%:

Armor 285 = Defense 4.14% 

and becomes:

Armor 1609 = Defense 23.48%.

Ahh it used to deal flat -armor, which was kinda op.  Does the warrior's crushing blows work the same way?

#915670 Respeccing Revamped

Posted by Alteration on 16 January 2015 - 15:17 in Suggestions

Should make the talent descriptions clearer.

Talents that increase damage comes in 2 categories

1. Increases X talent by 10/20/30% of spell dps = adds 10/20/30% spell dps to the talent (200% dps + 10/20/30%)

2. Increases Y talent by 10/20% damage = adds 10/20/30% of the base damage of the talent by 10/20/30% (200% dps + 20/40/60%)

So for detonate for example, it deals 125% damage, and has +15/30/45% of damage increase, and has +3/6/9% of damage increase -> fully maxed, it deals 125% x (100 + 45 + 9)% = 125% x 154% = 192.5% of spell dps

Same goes for ignite, it deals 250% x 150% = 375% of spell dps

While blizzard deals 50% + 50% = 100% of spell dps

Should just standardize, and pick 1 way to describe.  Especially since even the person who type out the talent description is confused himself, and describing talents one way when meaning another.  

Regarding the blizzard thing before sd, it used to describe chilling as increasing blizzard dps by 20/40% of spell dps, so people thought it meant +20/40%, but it was doing +10/20%, which is +20/40% of the damage not spell dps.  It wasn't a matter of reading it carefully, but it was incorrectly described.  

#915668 Lots of bugs with ranger talents and damage values

Posted by Alteration on 16 January 2015 - 15:08 in Bug Reports

fully buffed high crit? o-o

Well because ignite properly applies the damage reduction from spell defense + the standard 30% damage reduction in pvp

Tornado doesn't seem to.  Or it deals 650-750-ish % dps before damage reduction.  

#915619 Lots of bugs with ranger talents and damage values

Posted by Alteration on 16 January 2015 - 10:27 in Bug Reports

dps x skill damage value x .7 pvp damage reduction x armor damage reduction....

Envenom is correct, just put armor at 1 (ignores armor), so

dps x 0.84 (upgraded envenom) x 0.7 (pvp damage reduction) = damage / tic

Then checked with my dps with ignite/incinerate to check if the damage calc is same as it was months ago when I last checked...

With that as basis, did some MINOR tests with blood fang, black fang, blazing arrow, and especially storm all interacts weirdly with damage reduction.  (MINOR because I just noticed something is wrong with the damage values, so I checked if they were wrong or just my imagination.  How they are wrong and exactly what is wrong should be HCS' job so...)

Anyways,

blood fang vs maxed redemption (should be additional 25% reduction when red is active, only applies 18% damage reduction)

blood fang vs maxed benediction (should be additional 30% reduction when inside bene, only applies 28.5% damage reduction)

tornado with 1360 dps, vs 37% armor should do around 1.5k damage

(1360 x 2.5 x 0.7 x .63) = 1499.5

but it hit for over 3.8k damage,... around 2.5x the damage... so something weird is going on with the damage values there, or it IGNORES DEFENSE AND the 30% PVP REDUCTION. 

Eagle eye only does -4% armor, not -15%.

Aside from these, all ranger's skills aside from envenom deals more damage than it should, spectral barrage, auto attacks, black/blood fang, tornado, blazing arrow, etc by around 11-12% of stated values.  *might be the eagle eye, which only shows -4% armor but actually reduces the full 15%, didn't think to check*

#914852 Change Ascended Bow "Marksman's Sight" set bonus

Posted by Alteration on 12 January 2015 - 15:14 in Suggestions

seriously wish theyd add a function to see your total dps/healing/damage taken, breakdown of damage by type, etc etc in the game T_T

but i'd settle for a simple damage counter just to see:

1. who is not pulling their weight in dungeons

2. how to make your rotation more effective

3. compare builds

4. compare classes with an objective eye (instead of mages op mages op mages op)

well, maybe in uh, 47 this year, 48 next year, 50 in 2017, guilds in 2018, ah in 2019, countless other things 2020-2024,... so maybe in 2025 :P

#914772 lfg window is not scrollable

Posted by Alteration on 12 January 2015 - 05:34 in Bug Reports

pain in the ass

#914682 MAGE NERF

Posted by Alteration on 11 January 2015 - 03:22 in Suggestions

This is definitely the wrong thread to be asking for healer/mage tips.... lol

but anyways

autoattacks for mp regen from eom

incinerate

anything that instant casts - ignite/erupt/fulmination

blizzard

#914571 Make Potions fit in Sacks

Posted by Alteration on 10 January 2015 - 07:24 in Suggestions

Bag upgrades will be useless :P

Maybe if a new type of sack is made exclusively for food/potions...

#914389 Potions in BT?

Posted by Alteration on 09 January 2015 - 07:48 in Bug Reports

Snowfall does work you NOOBS !!

Remove buffs before last boss if doing Story !!

I already gave a hint on how you can use snowfall in my previous post too... NOOBS! :P

#914369 Potions in BT?

Posted by Alteration on 09 January 2015 - 04:38 in Bug Reports

It's separate, he steals the buffs he can (he can't steal intensify spirit, offensive stance, defensive stance, and maybe others but I dunno), then he removes everything else.  He always says some message (like the world boss, only he has a handful of different messages) before doing the steal/remove effect on the person who has aggro at the time.  

If you're doing dungeon, the tank should have aggro so everyone else can *probably* keep their buffs.

If you're doing speed story mode farming, try to designate someone to attack first that can also keep aggro, so the rest can pot/buff/etc for faster runs.

Solo story mode farming, probably best to just not buff up or it will get costly.

#914353 Few suggestions

Posted by Alteration on 09 January 2015 - 01:55 in Suggestions

Hmm i kinda agree about the meter thing but...

As a new level 45, do i actually want to know that i'm gonna be on bottom list? 

You can use it as an opportunity to go "oh, I'm dead last, if my gear is the same, maybe I should try out a different talent distribution/skill rotation"

Would also help see which skills and abilities are truly OP and need a nerf, or which suck and need a boost

#913806 Who's In group

Posted by Alteration on 06 January 2015 - 13:22 in Suggestions

Nice suggestion. If this is implemented, there will be no more awkward moments!
No more tank/healer saying,"Im lagging too much now, find another to replace me. Sorry guys"!
No more logging out for 5 minutes or more and hoping you got kicked already when you log in!
Wahahaha!

No more, somebody joins, then quits party within 5 secs with everyone going wtf what happened because the guy never said anything.  

Or tank/healer going brb, gonna make a sandwich, then doesn't return after 30 minutes.  After party breaks up, you see him going "tank/healer LFG RG/BT" in world chat.

Or tank/healer/dps disconnecting, then you go to another server to look for replacement and see him there. 

Or party needs a dps, then you go I have a friend. Then guy comes, leaves cuz he won't run with XXX. Then the tank goes what, can't believe you invited him, then leaves too. 

Ahahaha, seems that while the community is generally quite friendly, there are many personal animosities going on XD

#913360 Mainly technical suggestions

Posted by Alteration on 03 January 2015 - 16:05 in Suggestions

Mostly, I agree with your suggestions.  They would certainly make the Eldevin experience a lot more fun!

2) A more personal, and I guess a lot less important suggestion. As a player I am pretty much a solo player, who prefers to remain playing individually. However that means I refuse to do any group stuff. It would be nice to see group quests being done in such a way, one can opt for doing them without a group.

What group quests?  I have done almost all the quests the game has to offer, aside from 2 or 3 storylines which I'm saving for when 50 comes out.  And I have done all of them solo, even the ones that most people have difficulty in because they were "group" quests.  And truthfully, I enjoyed these quests more because I had to kite, to avoid monsters, to do creative pulling, sometimes needed better gear, or using different type of gear, and overall just more challenging than the rest of the quests.

The only quests you needed to have a group were the dungeon quests, but with story mode now out, you can easily solo them now too.  Even easier than the hard solo quests I was talking about above.

ZeusIV, in regard to farming what you suggest is a slight bit inconsistent, as is the game system. Yes you can ad compost, seeds and water in the manner you advocate, however for raking, pruning and harvesting you still need the menu.
If howwever, one uses the menu, compost and seeds need to be in the dropbox, where the wateringcan does not (which is inconsistent with filling the watering can, by menu.).
My suggestion, was to make the gameplay consistent. I think that, many people will agree that both methods are not completely consistent at the moment. Anyways it was just a suggestion.

You can double click the plot to rake, prune and harvest.  Only watering the plot needs the right click menu.  

#913333 MAGE NERF

Posted by Alteration on 03 January 2015 - 10:49 in Suggestions

Seriously Fizzy ! you think the  PVP of game is a story of class ? so it means we will all be mage ... soooo fuunnn !

Its not and no more a question of Class / skill / personal gameplay.... sorry to tell that.

When  i see a mage with 2 lvl 45 + other ppl running after him, killing 3 of them before beeing killed because he can heal full life really quick and often just by running 20 meters away from close combat classes ... i dont think its a problem of gameplay ...

Or in that way give decent skills with life "leech" or life on hit  in the trees of other class so that they could hold enough to be competitive.

The really 2 problem with mage is the Healing the benefit from sorcery + the boilingblood which is really too powerfull .... 

Both together = they cast boiling on you tanking your first attacks, and then flee to heal during boiling continue to destroy your HP...

Thats not "HAVING SKILLS with keyboard" in my mind...sorry

Seems

1. You're not even talking about your own experiences, just your assumptions from watching others (do you even know if the mage is pve/pvp build? The 2 chasing him are pve/pvp build?  Geared or not?  Not all 45s are as good as each other.  Are these 2 45s old time pvpers? Or just storymode noobs without a helm even?  Did they even have some kind of rush or teleport?  If the mage stopped to cast boiling blood, there is no way in hell 2 people can't chase him down if they had a pvp build.)

2. You didn't even read anything anyone else said aside from (its a matter of skill).  Because both mage heal and boiling blood are pretty shitty.  Mage heal is not OP, it is a NECESSITY, since he is the squishiest class.  And boiling blood.... not gonna list through all the reasons it is not op again.  Read the replies to your own post.  

I'm not gonna bother in this thread again, since it doesn't seem like you are trying to discuss balancing the classes, but just want to one-sidedly push your own beliefs without even taking the time to properly gather facts, instead just relying on half formed conclusions based on popular, although untrue, opinions.  

#913071 MAGE NERF

Posted by Alteration on 01 January 2015 - 09:45 in Suggestions

They can damage a lot? Have you never played other dps classes at all? Other dps classes can dps a lot. Mages don't. Mages just have a high burst, but all other classes outdamage them. Survive the burst/prevent the burst/get 1 lucky evade on the burst... mage is dead). Which means that gear is a lot more effective on other classes. When everyone is geared, it will be harder to burst someone down from full hp, giving all other classes the time and opportunity to pound on the mage.  You're comparing low level and ungeared mage fights, and of course that takes no skill, because your base talents allow you to burst someone down from full without chance to fight back. But when other classes get geared and you are unable to burst them, you'll find that mages are not OP at all.

For pure classes at least

Mages - 3 second stun, 5 second silence, 6 second snare, 12 sec slow (costs at least 8 talent points to max duration on the ccs)

Prophet - 2 second stun, 3 second silence, 3 second snare, NO SLOW (costs 1 (ONE) talent point)

Ranger - 2 second stun, 3 second silence, 6 second snare, 3 sec slow (costs 3 (THREE) talent points)

Sin - 2 second stun, 5.5 second silence, 3 second snare, 6 sec slow (costs 6 (SIX) talent points, with a built in teleport included)

Warrior - 3 second stun, 4.5 second silence, 6 second snare, 8 sec slow (costs 8 talent points, with a built in charge)

Templar - 3 second stun, 3 second silence, 3 second snare, NO SLOW (costs 2 (TWO) talent points)

So mages need to spend a lot more talent points, but aside from their slow, it's not like they are the only class that has longest duration disables.  Other classes only spend a few points to get their disables maxed.

Boiling blood is an OP dot... emphasis on the "AN". meaning 1 dot. meaning it can almost always be removed with serenity. Rangers have 2-3 dots, and you can't even remove some of the assassin dots at all.  Not to mention it has a long-as-shit casting time, for PvP.  Other classes will already be on top of you by the time it finishes, at which point you die.  And it costs 4 talent points. After taking talent point costs into consideration, it is actually quite expensive and silly, considering it can easily be removed.  Not to mention the long duration, envenom works better since it does it's damage really quick, making it harder to be removed. 

And sorcery can benefit into healing.  Too bad healing is not based on sorcery only.  Healing values are roughly 16% sorcery, 16% essence, 16% gear, 50% talents.  And a pvp mage has no healing talents.  The only "heal" you actually can rely on in pvp is cauterize, and even then, it heals only a fraction of a prophet's heal.  

And why are you even saying that an ungeared, low level mage can win against a higher geared person? That much is obvious. It is possible for anyone to win against anyone. With enough skill and depending on circumstances. Besides, the buff you get against higher level players is quite decent. A low level with the buff is already as strong in stats as a max level that is only half geared .

#912858 MAGE NERF

Posted by Alteration on 30 December 2014 - 20:56 in Suggestions

yeha but it's true... mages are one of the most op classes in pvp- if not, the most op.

if you truly know how to play a mage, you will dominate pvp. it'd be like an elephant rampaging through ants. just total murder and the other people won't be able to do sh*t.

if you truly know how to play your class, you will dominate mages in pvp. just cuz they're easy to use doesn't mean their the strongest. usually the easiest class only means it will lose to classes that require talent to play, if the person playing them is talented that is.  

#912784 Golden Reinedor Statue in fountain

Posted by Alteration on 30 December 2014 - 11:29 in Suggestions

I guess it's time to bump this thread up again

Cheers Rein!

#888034 healing crystal vs magic attacks dodge bug

Posted by Alteration on 01 September 2014 - 16:34 in Bug Reports

Howlites.. Gentlemen

Don't even know what this has to do with it. 90% dodge is clearly some kind of bug. Rumble is same level, this isn't ARG where mobs are 2 levels higher. Even then, its like 60% accuracy at the very least.

AFAIK, how*ites mitigates miss (i.e.: glancing), it has nothing to do with dodge.

Yes. Howlites only fix glancing. It does nothing vs dodge.

#887811 healing crystal vs magic attacks dodge bug

Posted by Alteration on 30 August 2014 - 05:47 in Bug Reports

3 mage + dps prophet party

miraculously, got crystal to 5k hp after 4 ignites/erupts

Rumble at 500k hp left

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Dodge

Finally hit crystal again killing it

Rumble at 1m hp

Repeat x 3

#887666 healing crystal vs magic attacks dodge bug

Posted by Alteration on 28 August 2014 - 15:57 in Bug Reports

Dunno. noticed it myself at least 3 weeks ago. Probably existed for longer even.

#887659 healing crystal vs magic attacks dodge bug

Posted by Alteration on 28 August 2014 - 14:12 in Bug Reports

Someone finally reported it! lol.

#887370 PvP Dungeon

Posted by Alteration on 25 August 2014 - 17:01 in Suggestions

Maze with high walls or something, so can't telescopic sight like TA, and no mounts like TA...

#886247 Ability Mechanics

Posted by Alteration on 18 August 2014 - 16:20 in Suggestions

+30% damage buff, lose 10% max hp/second for rangers

-> i'd totally go back to playing ranger, maybe find a way to make a ranger/prophet hybrid even

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: