Posted 30 December 2014 - 19:21

Hello,

Even if i have several mages friends ingame, and a mage myself,

As i can observe the class over all other in PVP is MAGE :

They can DMG alot

They have boiling blood which is OP DOT

They can stun on a long time

And sorcery can benefit to Healing

= with full set full of gems against a mage of same lvl or even lower with no gems you can always die like an idiot ... 

All is said...

Please consider that in the further updates, and try to balance this class which is a plague for all other players in PVP.

Even if im not fond of PVP i would like to get the same chances to defend myself against a mage of same lvl unstuffed ... :)

BR

#2 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 December 2014 - 19:42

:) i was going to do a mage but think i want to go with a healer first zirxa will be lvl 45 in no time lvling is to easy on this game lol,   a healer with a bit of mage magic seems bad ass to me

Edited by zirxa, 30 December 2014 - 19:43.

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#3 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 20:37

the same can be said for rangers who have 2 bleeds and Detonate... and Detonate can back a real punch BAM!!

Proph/mages with thier OP healz 

Tanks with their taking forever to die

warriors peep who play them say they suck but hey they kill me easy all the time

Edited by l0rdka0s, 30 December 2014 - 20:43.

• KeS likes this

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#4 Oyon

Oyon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 20:44

the same can be said for rangers who have 2 bleeds and Detonate... and Detonate can back a real punch BAM!!

yeha but it's true... mages are one of the most op classes in pvp- if not, the most op.

if you truly know how to play a mage, you will dominate pvp. it'd be like an elephant rampaging through ants. just total murder and the other people won't be able to do sh*t.

Edited by Oyon, 30 December 2014 - 20:45.

vir.jpg

#5 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 20:56

yeha but it's true... mages are one of the most op classes in pvp- if not, the most op.

if you truly know how to play a mage, you will dominate pvp. it'd be like an elephant rampaging through ants. just total murder and the other people won't be able to do sh*t.

if you truly know how to play your class, you will dominate mages in pvp. just cuz they're easy to use doesn't mean their the strongest. usually the easiest class only means it will lose to classes that require talent to play, if the person playing them is talented that is.  

#6 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 21:55

lol

#7 XaXa

XaXa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 30 December 2014 - 23:28

Lol, now asking for nerf. Just a few months ago, mages were begging to get buffed up...

#8 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 December 2014 - 23:58

The problem, as always, is balancing both PvP and PvE with a single build and a single set of spells.

Before the change to Flamelash, the complaint was always grouping.  I don't believe anyone said they were underpowered in PvP.  With the change HCS fixed the imbalance in PvE, but improved mages even more in PvP.

IMO, we really need a 2nd talent spec for PvP, and either additional PvP oriented spells or different effects for the current spells in PvP vs PvE.  Then both could be balanced individually.  As it stands, I can't think of a game that successfully balanced both with the current setup.

(The current talent setup could work if HCS goes for a 'rock/paper/scissors' setup.  Each class has two they are better then, and two they need fear.  But it will still take some work on talents.)

Edited by Irradiated, 31 December 2014 - 00:01.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#9 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 00:21

mages and healers are op!!!!!!!11
magic users will always kill people who use dumb daggars and shoot sticks out of bows!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

#10 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 December 2014 - 00:55

if you truly know how to play your class, you will dominate mages in pvp. just cuz they're easy to use doesn't mean their the strongest. usually the easiest class only means it will lose to classes that require talent to play, if the person playing them is talented that is.  

finally someone with sense

The world is cruel...as will I....

#11 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:26

Hello,

They can DMG alot

= with full set full of gems against a mage of same lvl or even lower with no gems you can always die like an idiot ... 

All is said...

Please consider that in the further updates, and try to balance this class which is a plague for all other players in PVP.

Even if im not fond of PVP i would like to get the same chances to defend myself against a mage of same lvl unstuffed ... :)

BR

back to this old chestnut are we? i say nerf all classes, better still, let's have a complete wipe of all players back to level 1 and take all their hard earned stuff away too, then only have one class and a linear talent tree so that all players are exactly the same, seems to be the only way everyone will be satisfied, or the other option is to learn from mistakes and get you char better, by the way, this is coming from a non PvP build mage, if yer getting killed in PvP arena, learn and build, if yer getting killed in TA, don't go there, rocket science it aint ;)

Edit: If you want to PvP, spec to a PvP class, if you want to PvE spec to a PvE class, no one forces you to choose a certain class, if you think you chose wrong, respec, still aint rocket science.

Edited by Kezza, 31 December 2014 - 01:32.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#12 Ood

Ood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:16

(The current talent setup could work if HCS goes for a 'rock/paper/scissors' setup.  Each class has two they are better then, and two they need fear.  But it will still take some work on talents.)

Change melee armor to ranged defense, ranged armor to magic defense, magic armor to melee defense?

Or add -armor (for pvp purpose only) of the opposite to each. would make a combat triangle, for better or worse.

#13 XaXa

XaXa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:23

Change melee armor to ranged defense, ranged armor to magic defense, magic armor to melee defense?
Or add -armor (for pvp purpose only) of the opposite to each. would make a combat triangle, for better or worse.

Dont like this idea because we already have gems for specific defense and tanks would have to equip mixed items in dungeon. And it's so runescape.

#14 Ood

Ood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:14

Yep, I don't particularly like it either, but it does provide additional balance to PvP, for better or worse.

#15 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:43

mages and healers are op!!!!!!!11
magic users will always kill people who use dumb daggars and shoot sticks out of bows!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

tumblr_md759wCZp71rtee9c.jpg

#16 Oyon

Oyon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:58

no, i'm convinced. mages are probably the best class in this game atm. they wreck everything all too easily.

vir.jpg

#17 XaXa

XaXa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:17

Seriously, who is this so op mage that needs to be nerfed?

Edited by XaXa, 01 January 2015 - 03:18.

#18 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:06

Hello,

They can DMG alot

All is said...

BR

They can DMG alot - yes depending on where they have spent talents

They have boiling blood which is OP DOT - boiling blood is useless without the talent "boiling point" without it, it does 25% dps/tick. with it, 65% dps/tick

They can stun on a long time - only if they have the talent maxed and if it misses well then you have a 7-10second window of attacking before the cooldown

And sorcery can benefit to Healing - a pure mage only really has cauterize as its main heal and once that is on cd, that is your opportune moment to strike. a prophage (prophet + mage hybrid) can utilize many other heals as they have increased healing power opposed to a regular mage.

A full set of gems will protect you only so far, they do not protect from bleeds in which case a mage only has 1 which is boiling blood which as previously mentioned is specced. You can always use pots,I choose not to as I never have any and I accept death because of it.

The bottom line is exactly what alteration said. "you're only as good as the player" no point speccing into all these talents if you cannot do a solid rotation or just spam buttons and hope for the best.

Now i've never played ranger but i think: envenom,hemmorage(however its spelt), crystal blast,despair,detonate,tornado is a solid rotation to kill...

If you wish to talk about OP DoT's refer to an assassin's

Edited by luke94, 01 January 2015 - 04:27.

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#19 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:45

They can damage a lot? Have you never played other dps classes at all? Other dps classes can dps a lot. Mages don't. Mages just have a high burst, but all other classes outdamage them. Survive the burst/prevent the burst/get 1 lucky evade on the burst... mage is dead). Which means that gear is a lot more effective on other classes. When everyone is geared, it will be harder to burst someone down from full hp, giving all other classes the time and opportunity to pound on the mage.  You're comparing low level and ungeared mage fights, and of course that takes no skill, because your base talents allow you to burst someone down from full without chance to fight back. But when other classes get geared and you are unable to burst them, you'll find that mages are not OP at all.

For pure classes at least

Mages - 3 second stun, 5 second silence, 6 second snare, 12 sec slow (costs at least 8 talent points to max duration on the ccs)

Prophet - 2 second stun, 3 second silence, 3 second snare, NO SLOW (costs 1 (ONE) talent point)

Ranger - 2 second stun, 3 second silence, 6 second snare, 3 sec slow (costs 3 (THREE) talent points)

Sin - 2 second stun, 5.5 second silence, 3 second snare, 6 sec slow (costs 6 (SIX) talent points, with a built in teleport included)

Warrior - 3 second stun, 4.5 second silence, 6 second snare, 8 sec slow (costs 8 talent points, with a built in charge)

Templar - 3 second stun, 3 second silence, 3 second snare, NO SLOW (costs 2 (TWO) talent points)

So mages need to spend a lot more talent points, but aside from their slow, it's not like they are the only class that has longest duration disables.  Other classes only spend a few points to get their disables maxed.

Boiling blood is an OP dot... emphasis on the "AN". meaning 1 dot. meaning it can almost always be removed with serenity. Rangers have 2-3 dots, and you can't even remove some of the assassin dots at all.  Not to mention it has a long-as-shit casting time, for PvP.  Other classes will already be on top of you by the time it finishes, at which point you die.  And it costs 4 talent points. After taking talent point costs into consideration, it is actually quite expensive and silly, considering it can easily be removed.  Not to mention the long duration, envenom works better since it does it's damage really quick, making it harder to be removed. 

And sorcery can benefit into healing.  Too bad healing is not based on sorcery only.  Healing values are roughly 16% sorcery, 16% essence, 16% gear, 50% talents.  And a pvp mage has no healing talents.  The only "heal" you actually can rely on in pvp is cauterize, and even then, it heals only a fraction of a prophet's heal.  

And why are you even saying that an ungeared, low level mage can win against a higher geared person? That much is obvious. It is possible for anyone to win against anyone. With enough skill and depending on circumstances. Besides, the buff you get against higher level players is quite decent. A low level with the buff is already as strong in stats as a max level that is only half geared .

Edited by Alteration, 01 January 2015 - 09:53.

#20 scorp

scorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 13:51

Seriously, who is this so op mage that needs to be nerfed?

Dasan?

Fire,i like fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: