• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 13:54

Yes boiling blood anoing skill i would like it insta cast but longer cd on it. Now when i fight good mage he cast boiling blood most of time i succesfully remove it with serenity and when mage almost dead he cast second time boiling blood and gues what my serenity on cd, pots aswell mage is dead but im going down aswell :D i dont think mage is op there are only few that can put good fight for me most of them die fast

Edited by PeasantJoe, 01 January 2015 - 13:54.

#22 NatsuMichi

NatsuMichi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 13:57

Blancing for PVP is nonexistent imho. It's not a question of nerfing mages or what not, but providing all classes with viable PVP options while restricting some of their skills to PVE only if deemed too OP for player vs player action. Mages are definitely high on that list of changes, but so are rangers. This is the first mmo game I've seen long-ranged units able to stun and snare for infinity times infinity while still having a DMG burst that might kill the target before he even unstuns.

*TEMPLAR RANT ALARM*

I am still waiting for some senpai, or tanking guru to come and tell me how exactly is Templar viable for any kind of PVP. He has some disables (if he gets close enough), decent block chances and takes a few more shots to take down, but...he can't kill sh...oes. So far, if I cared about PVP at all, my policy would be to ROS - run on sight...then again, all those slows and stuns and snares, even that doesn't work (apparantly tanks are quite stoppable contrary to the definition of the word). Haven't seen a rampaging Templar on TA so far...someone said you don't want to PVP, don't go there, you want to PVP choose a class for it blah blah blah (I love you Fiz but this is major bullsh...) ...then in another topics you keep crying there's lack of proper tanks and healers and you still have the guts to ask why? :lol: PVP should be viable to ALL classes, not just mages and rangers (because let's face it, they have the perfect PVP kit in their disposal). Templar regardless of build is still the same in PVP as in PVE - useless without a party...and some more because why doesn't TAUNT work on players, HC pls what is this...taunt that doesn't work is a joke.

If you are any other class on TA and someone attacks you, you can try and defend yourself. What does a tank do? Tremor the ground, then tickle the attacker with a shield slam and provide a mace massage until the guy unstuns and finishes you off in two or three well aimed DOT combos? Then if you somehow manage to deal some damage, they will just heal up with five different ways, god forbid it's a prophet, rendering that damage laughable at best, while you burn all your healing on the DOT or those xbow rapid bolts sticking up your a...

And I dare someone to come and tell me how that AWESOME buff templar gets on TA before lvl 45 helps them stand a chance against a full equiped lvl 45, I DARE YOU :D Let me rephrase that - stand a chance against poorly equiped lvl 20+ :rolleyes: Spoiler alert: it doesn't :P

*End of rant*

As for suggestions, some classes need a portion of their PVP power stripped down (while not necessarily stripping away the PVE one) and vice versa - some need a boost in their capability to fight back against players while not necessarily making them more or less powerful in PVE. As your dedicated tank forever, I would very much appreciate to be that annoying indestructible unstoppable bastard that runs away from bullets and fireballs, sprinting around TA like Usain Bolt (as my non-pvp heart desires...at least the option of it). Or in case of a party on party action, where tanks are bound to be ignored, I want that taunt to work and be the shield of justice for my friends :P

Now I'm more like "that girl that dies last, watching her friends die" kinda tank because Empathy while useful in PVE is like "meh" against a player's outburst of damage. Also, my shield wants to reflect a good portion of damage back in their faces, why is that not a thing? You don't want a tank to suddenly be both tanky and deal tons of damage, but there are ways to work around that to meet an agreeble compromise if you try thinking hard enough :P

Until then, I'll keep on runnin' babeh B)

CC 48 / Farming 49 / Fishing 28 / Foraging 49 / Forestry 33 / Prospecting 48 / Skinning 33

Alchemy 49 / AS 10 / Cooking 49 / Jewelry 40 / LW 12 / WS 21/ Tailoring 2

Sheyla's Shopping Shack ^^

#23 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 January 2015 - 15:15

Pointed out possible use taunt in pvp with summon's Void walker - Wolf - Very limited mean's for you get rebound skill active nice have more option active skill as Templar - tank in genral Meat shield vs deal much for dmg.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#24 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 16:31

Yes boiling blood anoing skill i would like it insta cast but longer cd on it. Now when i fight good mage he cast boiling blood most of time i succesfully remove it with serenity and when mage almost dead he cast second time boiling blood and gues what my serenity on cd, pots aswell mage is dead but im going down aswell :D i dont think mage is op there are only few that can put good fight for me most of them die fast

Am I one of those "few"?

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#25 XaXa

XaXa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 02 January 2015 - 00:00

A pvp tank is good too. A friend of mine even with his half pve/half pvp set up is hard to kill as a mage. I only do 40 samage(while he regen 140-160hp every attack) or so with normal attacks, and bb have just a long cast time to be that efective.
On topic: Mages aren't op, they have longest casting time of spells for all classes and so squishy without plasma shield.

#26 FrancisKinz

FrancisKinz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:42

back to this old chestnut are we? i say nerf all classes, better still, let's have a complete wipe of all players back to level 1 and take all their hard earned stuff away too, then only have one class and a linear talent tree so that all players are exactly the same, seems to be the only way everyone will be satisfied, or the other option is to learn from mistakes and get you char better, by the way, this is coming from a non PvP build mage, if yer getting killed in PvP arena, learn and build, if yer getting killed in TA, don't go there, rocket science it aint ;)

Edit: If you want to PvP, spec to a PvP class, if you want to PvE spec to a PvE class, no one forces you to choose a certain class, if you think you chose wrong, respec, still aint rocket science.

Seriously Fizzy ! you think the  PVP of game is a story of class ? so it means we will all be mage ... soooo fuunnn !

Its not and no more a question of Class / skill / personal gameplay.... sorry to tell that.

When  i see a mage with 2 lvl 45 + other ppl running after him, killing 3 of them before beeing killed because he can heal full life really quick and often just by running 20 meters away from close combat classes ... i dont think its a problem of gameplay ...

Or in that way give decent skills with life "leech" or life on hit  in the trees of other class so that they could hold enough to be competitive.

The really 2 problem with mage is the Healing the benefit from sorcery + the boilingblood which is really too powerfull .... 

Both together = they cast boiling on you tanking your first attacks, and then flee to heal during boiling continue to destroy your HP...

Thats not "HAVING SKILLS with keyboard" in my mind...sorry

#27 FrancisKinz

FrancisKinz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 13:37

However we should make a New topic called TEMPLARS UP !!!! .... because its incredible to see a class totally at mercy from everyone in pvp...

#28 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 19:01

there are decent builds in pvp that use templar talents but if we talking about pve templar that doing dungeon runs no those are garbage in pvp

#29 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:49

Seriously Fizzy ! you think the  PVP of game is a story of class ? so it means we will all be mage ... soooo fuunnn !

Its not and no more a question of Class / skill / personal gameplay.... sorry to tell that.

When  i see a mage with 2 lvl 45 + other ppl running after him, killing 3 of them before beeing killed because he can heal full life really quick and often just by running 20 meters away from close combat classes ... i dont think its a problem of gameplay ...

Or in that way give decent skills with life "leech" or life on hit  in the trees of other class so that they could hold enough to be competitive.

The really 2 problem with mage is the Healing the benefit from sorcery + the boilingblood which is really too powerfull .... 

Both together = they cast boiling on you tanking your first attacks, and then flee to heal during boiling continue to destroy your HP...

Thats not "HAVING SKILLS with keyboard" in my mind...sorry

Seems

1. You're not even talking about your own experiences, just your assumptions from watching others (do you even know if the mage is pve/pvp build? The 2 chasing him are pve/pvp build?  Geared or not?  Not all 45s are as good as each other.  Are these 2 45s old time pvpers? Or just storymode noobs without a helm even?  Did they even have some kind of rush or teleport?  If the mage stopped to cast boiling blood, there is no way in hell 2 people can't chase him down if they had a pvp build.)

2. You didn't even read anything anyone else said aside from (its a matter of skill).  Because both mage heal and boiling blood are pretty shitty.  Mage heal is not OP, it is a NECESSITY, since he is the squishiest class.  And boiling blood.... not gonna list through all the reasons it is not op again.  Read the replies to your own post.  

I'm not gonna bother in this thread again, since it doesn't seem like you are trying to discuss balancing the classes, but just want to one-sidedly push your own beliefs without even taking the time to properly gather facts, instead just relying on half formed conclusions based on popular, although untrue, opinions.  

Edited by Alteration, 03 January 2015 - 10:52.

#30 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:29

so been working on life healer/mage, was hoping for soem helpfull tips, like what talents from healer i should get, and from mage (if any) i should get?

also i been using fireball  as a att is this  the only thing i can use to fight as healer?

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

#31 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:22

This is definitely the wrong thread to be asking for healer/mage tips.... lol

but anyways

autoattacks for mp regen from eom

incinerate