• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Myrddin Wyllt

Myrddin Wyllt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:37

Some of the suggestions I have not seen, but improve I think playing pleasure are mainly in the game coding.

1) What surprises me is the random use of items in the inventory. The game just uses whatever from whatever slot. Example farming, if I have seed x, and I have 24 seeds left, because I went lets say tailoring and just come back to farm, it does not matter if 4 seeds are the lowest number it can just as easy start taking seeds from one of the slots containing 10 seeds instead, and for that matter it is also random which of the 2 slots that contain 10 seeds. I would suggest to let the game start with the lowest amount first and than go from left to right instead of taking a random slot. (It helps a lot when it comes to keep the inventory organised and to work a slight bit faster on farming, tailoring, leatherworking, alchemy etc etc, because you do not need to empty part of your inventory or at least reorganise your inventory so you have enough space when creating clothes, weapons, potions etc.)

2) A more personal, and I guess a lot less important suggestion. As a player I am pretty much a solo player, who prefers to remain playing individually. However that means I refuse to do any group stuff. It would be nice to see group quests being done in such a way, one can opt for doing them without a group.

3) Some quests can not be completed unless one has done certain things. However one can basically do all parts of the quests just not finish them. I have found it takes me forever to figure out why it is impossible to finish them (see culling the plagued). I therefore would suggest to put in some information in the questlog stating what still needs to be done, be it which quests still need to be done, or what skill level needs to be up to level x, or what character level you ought to be. (This saves players a lot of frustration, in regard to figuring out what the reason is why they can not complete a quest.)

4) In regard to the 3rd suggestion, I think a questbook idea would be to automatically list all available quests. At least those which are available to your character (based on character level, character skills). As I found that in some cases, quests are blocked due to not finishing a lower level quest, but without knowing which one. As some exclamation marks are well hidden, because they can only be found when entering buildings. However as one can not enter all buildings, it works frustrating enough to check every building to see if the door opens or is blocked, thus players might miss quests in this way. If one can see, that there is at least a quest than, they will more likely be playing it.

5) I guess this suggestion may have been bit of an oversight, as the game is still very young. But I found that the only skill in which one can loose items is farming. (loose a little of the crops) But if one cooks, one never burns an item, when one makes bars they are always correct (never would you fail to refine it), when plucking apples, never there is a rotten one, etc etc etc. I think this is unfair, I believe that one can fail in everything at least once or twice. So would suggest implementing this would improve gaming pleasure.

6) Worldmap. First suggestion is to add the option to the map, to see the entire eldevin world. As it can be rather confusing to figure out which route to take to where one has to go. (how many maps north, east, south or west) To plan going somewhere before one can activate dragon flights, might come in handy. Also a better zoom option would be a good idea, especially zoom in. In some areas the icons on the map are so crowded that zooming in to a level that the icons are seperated would be nice. (that way one can actually see which building is what, see Nidaros as example.) Besides that, maybe a warning system on the map would be nice, a warning to what area can be dangerous to your character. (One can die trying to discover where you have to be, because you have not encountered certain creatures that are way higher leveled as your character.) However the warning as such does not have to be on the map, it can also be given when entering an area.

7) Another thing that I find slightly annoying, and I guess many people with me, is when one levels up, one does not get to see what this "new" level unlocks. In some cases it is easy enough to figure out, like in armoursmithing, but it is less easy to figure out in like foraging, so maybe one can get that info included when leveling up. (That does not need to be shown in the textbox, but more like the red lettering used for warning the individual player, that one needs lvl x to do whatever he/she can not yet.)

8) Rightclick menu update ?? I find that often it would save time, if drag and drop option could be replaced with a upgraded idea of the menu options. Examples, farming if you click on add compost, well I do have compost in the inventory, I need to drag the compost to a dropbox, why not automate the add compost to do this ?? Or the plant seed, which could easily become plant x seed, where x refers to the seed you have in your inventory ?? Same applies for filling item, a watering can, can be filled, so why not right click on the well and get: fill watering can ??
It could also help with banking, right click item in inventory and bank x (where the slot is emtied in stash or vault depending which one you have open.) And it could solve the quest item glitch as well, when you could add the drop/destroy option in the rightclick menu for inventory. (when dropped/destroyed you do not need to use a slot for an item you can not use.)

For the moment I guess this are the major ideas I have in regard to the game.

Myrrdin Wyllt

Edited by Myrddin Wyllt, 02 January 2015 - 11:44.

#2 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:58

Good suggestions.  :D I like the 5th one especially since it makes the game a bit more realistic which would be interesting in roleplay.

6th/7th suggestions I actually never had a problem with but I could understand how adding additional information would be helpful for people. I just memorize the areas while running around and if I forget something then I look it up in the Wikia xD  :lol:

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#3 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 14:55

the inventory stuff has been suggested before

it should work in reverse of fill

i.e. when you hit the fill button the small stack/stack is the one on the bottom right so when mats are used they should be taken from the bottom right first

as for farming i just drag whatever to the plot. so first i drag compost then i drag seeds and only drop when the little progress bar has finished its previous operation. i never doubleclick and put items in that little box

#4 Myrddin Wyllt

Myrddin Wyllt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:04

ZeusIV, in regard to farming what you suggest is a slight bit inconsistent, as is the game system. Yes you can ad compost, seeds and water in the manner you advocate, however for raking, pruning and harvesting you still need the menu.
If howwever, one uses the menu, compost and seeds need to be in the dropbox, where the wateringcan does not (which is inconsistent with filling the watering can, by menu.).
My suggestion, was to make the gameplay consistent. I think that, many people will agree that both methods are not completely consistent at the moment. Anyways it was just a suggestion.

#5 Oltopeteeh

Oltopeteeh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Russian Federation

Posted 03 January 2015 - 14:59

Agree) This will help make the game better :)

#6 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 16:05

Mostly, I agree with your suggestions.  They would certainly make the Eldevin experience a lot more fun!

2) A more personal, and I guess a lot less important suggestion. As a player I am pretty much a solo player, who prefers to remain playing individually. However that means I refuse to do any group stuff. It would be nice to see group quests being done in such a way, one can opt for doing them without a group.

What group quests?  I have done almost all the quests the game has to offer, aside from 2 or 3 storylines which I'm saving for when 50 comes out.  And I have done all of them solo, even the ones that most people have difficulty in because they were "group" quests.  And truthfully, I enjoyed these quests more because I had to kite, to avoid monsters, to do creative pulling, sometimes needed better gear, or using different type of gear, and overall just more challenging than the rest of the quests.

The only quests you needed to have a group were the dungeon quests, but with story mode now out, you can easily solo them now too.  Even easier than the hard solo quests I was talking about above.

ZeusIV, in regard to farming what you suggest is a slight bit inconsistent, as is the game system. Yes you can ad compost, seeds and water in the manner you advocate, however for raking, pruning and harvesting you still need the menu.
If howwever, one uses the menu, compost and seeds need to be in the dropbox, where the wateringcan does not (which is inconsistent with filling the watering can, by menu.).
My suggestion, was to make the gameplay consistent. I think that, many people will agree that both methods are not completely consistent at the moment. Anyways it was just a suggestion.

You can double click the plot to rake, prune and harvest.  Only watering the plot needs the right click menu.  

#7 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:38

Raking, pruning and harvesting you can do by double-clicking, so you don't need the menu for them.

Double(left)-clicking activates the top menu item, and the top menu item while farming changes as you rake, prune or harvest, but the relevant one is always at the top of the menu

Edit: just saw that Alteration had already said this. But then, Alteration, let me add that you can drag the watering can too, so not even that needs a menu.

Edited by rowbet, 04 January 2015 - 12:45.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#8 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:42

Good suggestions.  :D I like the 5th one especially since it makes the game a bit more realistic which would be interesting in roleplay.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T implement the 5th one. Farming is the 2nd most boring profession to level up in (after fishing - which is sooo sloooow), and it is so boring because is a completely repetetive (and slow) process that needs your concentration because you have to do repetitive unthinking actions at frequent but irregular intervals. Implementing similar requirements for other professions would be a complete downer.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: