Photo

Game Update v1.0451

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#41 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:20

Okay, thanks guys. Guess I'll be off for a bit, hopefully when I come back the cows will have given the purists a little bit of mercy in our time of need and rehibilitation.

#42 ss_bagavond

ss_bagavond
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:23

Fyi the level 140 elite purist set has nice defense bonus I believe. You do lose attack but get wicked damage bonus too. FYI I never allocated to armor and have done pretty well still. Even against the high damage 140 mobs. If you don't want to go armor route plunk a few points in hp. I did 60% damage, 20% attack and 20% hp and am very happy with results.

#43 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:27

The choice now will be Def/Damage setups with MS as a cover.

Next step of the upgrade should be a counter for MS and any time of ammo :)

Keep it up cows!

#44 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:49

Call me ignorant! I had no idea shields were not being taken away. I thought it was like imp in the other game, still a GOD-like skill because you can ignore armor. All purists should be suspended if HCS did what they said:

People aren't at risk of suspension for reporting a bug, they are only at risk for using a bug they have found and don't inform us about it. We deleted the post as we felt it was inappropriate, we do not need to explain ourselves further.

The player did come forward later and explain what he did and that he stumbled upon it accidentally. We are grateful for this.

Reporting a bug through support may make the bug be fixed quicker than if it was posted on the Forums, but either is acceptable.

I can't believe this is how it was. And people are complaining about not only a free skill reset but would like a free Evo point one too! Purists are lucky they're not suspended, PERIOD. Consider yourselves lucky. This is infuriating....

#45 ss_altare

ss_altare
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 19:54

Call me ignorant! I had no idea shields were not being taken away. I thought it was like imp in the other game, still a GOD-like skill because you can ignore armor. All purists should be suspended if HCS did what they said:

People aren't at risk of suspension for reporting a bug, they are only at risk for using a bug they have found and don't inform us about it. We deleted the post as we felt it was inappropriate, we do not need to explain ourselves further.

The player did come forward later and explain what he did and that he stumbled upon it accidentally. We are grateful for this.

Reporting a bug through support may make the bug be fixed quicker than if it was posted on the Forums, but either is acceptable.

I can't believe this is how it was. And people are complaining about not only a free skill reset but would like a free Evo point one too! Purists are lucky they're not suspended, PERIOD. Consider yourselves lucky. This is infuriating....

The fact is, it wasn't a bug. HCS coded it like this since the first person acquired the skill. It is their fault and for our understanding, was meant to be the way it was. About a week ago it was brought to their attention that it was too overpowering so they fixed it. It wasn't a bug we were hiding or taking advantage of. It was an overpowered skill that HCS put in themselves. We deserve the free evo point reset because it was their mistake, not ours

#46 doa4life

doa4life

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:04

The fact is, it wasn't a bug. HCS coded it like this since the first person acquired the skill. It is their fault and for our understanding, was meant to be the way it was. About a week ago it was brought to their attention that it was too overpowering so they fixed it. It wasn't a bug we were hiding or taking advantage of. It was an overpowered skill that HCS put in themselves. We deserve the free evo point reset because it was their mistake, not ours

From what I read it was bugged as the skill worked incorrectly, I happen to somewhat agree with Lou here, You all were abusing a bugged skill because clearly it was NOT working like the description said. Just because HCS coded it this way, doesnt mean they cant mess up.

#47 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:07

I've been expecting HCS to do this for quite some time, it was obvious the skill wasn't working properly.

And to Loudog, not all Purists were blindly or deliberately 'abusing' this bad game coding. Over a month ago I made a post regarding Mental Strength in the Bugs section, it got no response at all from the Admins, and only people telling me I was wrong.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4549

So don't go thinking all us Purists are the bad guys, I take offense at that.

#48 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:10

Sorry mate I am going to have to disagree with you strongly.

Hi all,

In this latest update we have fixed the following...

Mental Strength

A bug which caused the Mental Strength skill not to update the current count of Psi Shield remaining has been fixed.

Now the entire game of Purists was taking advantage of this!

Look at the description:

Mental Strength: Create a Psi Shield which can absorb 1 hit + an additional hit for each 50 points. (Does not work in PvP)
Psi: 20
Duration: 90 min(s)

Not unlimited hits! This is STILL a GOD-like skill!

#49 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:15

I've been expecting HCS to do this for quite some time, it was obvious the skill wasn't working properly.

And to Loudog, not all Purists were blindly or deliberately 'abusing' this bad game coding. Over a month ago I made a post regarding Mental Strength in the Bugs section, it got no response at all from the Admins, and only people telling me I was wrong.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4549

So don't go thinking all us Purists are the bad guys, I take offense at that.

I don't think all Purists were ill intended. Sorry to not have explained myself. But when we get one player who can equip a weapon from a different class, his thread about it is deleted. A whole class gets this advantage for 140 levels and one wonders why HCS took 6+ months to notice it. Even after you and prolly others posted a bug about it. It's why I feel so ignorant up to this point about the skill. I thought it was working properly and I still, now that it's fixed, know it's a GOD LIKE skill.

#50 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:16

Summon Shield Imp
125 / 145
Creates an Imp which can absorb 100% of damage. Each full absorb uses one of the Shield Imp's hit points. The Shield Imp starts with 3 hit points and gains one for each 50 points placed in this skill. The Shield Imp auto-debuffs when it reaches zero hit points. (Note Super-Elites can crush the imp in a single turn regardless of hit points remaining and it only works in PvE.

Yes but then compare it to the wording of the Imp on FS.

The imp very specifically talks about HP and then reducing after each hit. There is no reference to this at all for the Mental Strength buff.

I do happen to agree with you that it should never have been this way, and unlike most Purists I did point it out to HCS and go no response whatsoever.

But it is ambiguous in it's wording.

#51 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:16

Sorry mate I am going to have to disagree with you strongly.

Hi all,

In this latest update we have fixed the following...

Mental Strength

A bug which caused the Mental Strength skill not to update the current count of Psi Shield remaining has been fixed.

Now the entire game of Purists was taking advantage of this!

Look at the description:

Mental Strength: Create a Psi Shield which can absorb 1 hit + an additional hit for each 50 points. (Does not work in PvP)
Psi: 20
Duration: 90 min(s)

Not unlimited hits! This is STILL a GOD-like skill!

yeah lou but read the description on teh other games MS buff.. the Imp...
Each full absorb uses one of the Shield Imp's hit points. The Shield Imp starts with 3 hit points and gains one for each 50 points placed in this skill. """"""""The Shield Imp auto-debuffs when it reaches zero hit points.""""""""""

ok .. where does that say it auto debuffs when your block reach zero?

it doesnt! plain and simple.. some of us never have used the imp , some of us dont play FS .... so under my thought and many others thoughts it would absorb 1 hit for every 50 points taken in.. than recharge after the battle...... why??? we are purists we have some psionic abilities.. why not be able to fix a shield after every battle?

now i guess this isnt how it was intended.. but by ABSOLUTELY NO MEANS WHAT-SO-EVER DOES IT STATE OTHERWISE!!!!!!.. implied? maybe.. stated clearly? NO !!

#52 ss_wat1001

ss_wat1001
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:17

awww man thanks a lot people now i dont have a cool skill that make me somewhat invinsible

man here i was thinking it was just a skill that admins had made it invinsible on purpose now i feel like a fool to not have known it was a bug well i guess its not all the fault of ignorance the whole admins posting that it was fine thingy kinda got me confused

#53 dylune

dylune

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:26

It has already been stated in this topic that the skill wasn't a bug. It was insanely overpowered but it had worked like that ever since you were able to allocate points on it. No HCS OFFICIAL reply was made to Taliesin's post: http://forum.sigmast...Strength#p29677

So now that many players switched to Prusist, made Evolve points reset and spent many FC, we get a skill revamp stating the skill had a bug. :?: :?: Ok, we're given the class skill reset, but what about EVO setup points? I used the reset at least 3 times, switching from DMG / DEF / HP to DMG / ATT / HP setups, since the skill was enough to block all incoming hits.

I'm seriously thinking if we will enjoy this game further if we get another message saying "We've corrected X skill which had a bug that didn't allow it to work properly". Corrode activating 100% of times? Telepathic Field (another Purist skill) diminishing squad's DMG?

And why is it we don't have a "Single class skill reset" character Upgrade besides the general reset? Regards!

Dylune

#54 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:32

Corrode is supposed to activate every single time. "+0.1% per point reduction of opponents armor." There is no chance of activation as it's 100%. I agree with evo point reset though as many purists did base setups on the godlike power of MS when bugged. And, I agree that it was fair to assume it wasn't bugged as it's pretty public (I've not been quiet) how it works with no response from cows saying "hang on, we didn't mean for that to work that way'. Errr, until today's bombshell. lol.

#55 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:33

Each full absorb uses one of the Shield Imp's hit points. The Shield Imp starts with 3 hit points and gains one for each 50 points placed in this skill. """"""""The Shield Imp auto-debuffs when it reaches zero hit points.""""""""""

it doesnt! plain and simple.. some of us never have used the imp , some of us dont play FS .... so under my thought and many others thoughts it would absorb 1 hit for every 50 points taken in.. than recharge after the battle...... why??? we are purists we have some psionic abilities.. why not be able to fix a shield after every battle?

now i guess this isnt how it was intended.. but by ABSOLUTELY NO MEANS WHAT-SO-EVER DOES IT STATE OTHERWISE!!!!!!.. implied? maybe.. stated clearly? NO !!

Frankly if people play the other game they should have known this was a bug, plain and simple! Descriptions are awfully poor as always in both and this just proves it. Look, I'm NOT saying people deserve to get suspended. The game moves on as a human error and no one is the worse for it. Heck I even got my free skill reset back that I had to waste because I applied inadvertantly valuable skill points due to the game's constant lag...

I will repeat over and over tho, one class having this skill is at a HUGE advantage! Oh well, I'm still not gonna change and I guess I'll have to keep thinking about the game ;)

Enjoy :)

#56 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:38

Its about time this update has happened. Yeah, I can see where some purists can be mad, but like Lou said I assumed the shield was like Imp on FS as well. Here that wasnt the case, this should have been fixed shortly after that skill was able to be acquired.

Thanks for the skill reset, but I do believe that it should be a Evo reset instead. The option of possibly switching classes because the MS shield is no longer working like it has should be there (unless they want to pay the FC). But to those Purists that still want to stay in that class they should have the option of redoing their Evo points to compensate for this loss.

#57 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:39

Frankly if people play the other game they should have known this was a bug, plain and simple! Descriptions are awfully poor as always in both and this just proves it. Look, I'm NOT saying people deserve to get suspended. The game moves on as a human error and no one is the worse for it. Heck I even got my free skill reset back that I had to waste because I applied inadvertantly valuable skill points due to the game's constant lag...

I will repeat over and over tho, one class having this skill is at a HUGE advantage! Oh well, I'm still not gonna change and I guess I'll have to keep thinking about the game ;)

Enjoy :)

but many of us dont paly that other game enough to know how that imp works.. not all of us are huge levels and use the imp..i played FS for 2 yrs..but never ever used the imp.. i SE hunt.. dont need it.. i dont level.. dont need it.. i seen it selling.. wont buy it..

so you are basing this bro off of the assumption that all of SS2 knows how all of FS buffs work... HCS msut be assuming this also... i mean why else is the two so clearly the same thing.. yet so clearly defined in one game and not here?..

they shoulda stated it better.. im dumb i need more instruction.. i was told not to compare FS and SS2 by the devs... so i wont compare.. just Tell me CLEARLY how things Run here... thanks HCS.

i still dont know how the imp is used.. im getting my info as i speak by asking others on the other game..

lol anyway.. we need a EV reset.

#58 dylune

dylune

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:45

Corrode is supposed to activate every single time. "+0.1% per point reduction of opponents armor." There is no chance of activation as it's 100%. I agree with evo point reset though as many purists did base setups on the godlike power of MS when bugged. And, I agree that it was fair to assume it wasn't bugged as it's pretty public (I've not been quiet) how it works with no response from cows saying "hang on, we didn't mean for that to work that way'. Errr, until today's bombshell. lol.

I know Corrode doesn't state activation chance ecolitan, but then again, MS didn't say the skill would debuff after absorbing all hits placed on it.... 'Interlaced' Soldier skill has exactly the same wording as Protection Field, with the HUGE difference the first one needs points in several Soldier skills before you can actually have it and the second is a Core skill available to everyone. That's another change they should make, otherwise the Interlaced skill is worthless.....
Many entity types should have been either "Robotic" or "Irradiated", but we have Cyborg, Mechanical, Mutant and many different others that won't make Rad /Robotic Hunter skills more useful. What if they change the wording allowing any of them to affect more creatures? Maybe not a big change as this one, but a change still in player's setups....

#59 juggeranut

juggeranut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:47

The difference between MS and Imp are as follows.

If you get hit in FS while having Imp activated on you you lose 1 HP to the Imp for each hit you sustain. Once you run out of HP for the Imp it deactivates itself.

From reading posts in this thread MS seemed to have been if you get hit 3 times (and kill the creep), it regenerates itself for the next fight. Thats just...way to overpowered IMO.

#60 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 20:49

The difference between MS and Imp are as follows.

If you get hit in FS while having Imp activated on you you lose 1 HP to the Imp for each hit you sustain. Once you run out of HP for the Imp it deactivates itself.

From reading posts in this thread MS seemed to have been if you get hit 3 times (and kill the creep), it regenerates itself for the next fight. Thats just...way to overpowered IMO.

yah it was powerfull.. i liked it. its still the skill of skills..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: