Photo

(o)Character description

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Should a feature be added that would allow describing our characters? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Should a feature be added that would allow describing our characters?

1. Yeah, bring it on! (25 votes [86.21%])

Percentage of vote: 86.21%

2. Nope, I wouldn't use it. (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:18

Actually my friend I do believe that I had posted positively on your last thread on this subject,
but like a lot of things you have written, it was lost. :cry:
( $5,000 gold if you can guess what I'm talking about exactly)

I think this is great idea and myself like to role play, hell I even got married here: Scardorough Renaissance Festival
back when I lived in Texas, and the two guys you see on the site are friends that attended the wedding.

*Edited* I have tried to only use my Guild history section for just that, but times are tough, and I have had to put an advert at the end of it. 8-[

o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o
Posted Image Thoran
Posted ImageVery little is known, mostly from tales sung by wandering Bards. The stories always tell of attacks during the dead of night. Entire tribes of merchant Orcs, Bandits and the like being slaughtered leaving nothing of value. Rarely any average adventurer and never the Kings men ever being attacked. The songs often start with a strange figure quickly crossing the night sky followed shortly by a lone figure blocking the path up ahead. Some speak of the screams that come from the rear of the caravan but these are told by the ramblings of half dead witnesses that never quite recover their minds long after their bodies have healed. Some say they were left to live to pass the tale but no one can't be sure. One song told by only few speak of a second figure, barely seen and never heard. ...

https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif

[image]https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif[/image]

I'm also known as @UnoWild

The Wicked Players

#2 fs_alecterum

fs_alecterum
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:54

I for one think this is a very good idea for a couple of reasons.

1.) The FSP cost for allowing more characters, like that in the guild history would mean the game developers wouldn't lose any money in programming a 'character description' into the game.

2.) For those who enjoy roleplaying (myself included) we could spend time updating our character descriptions when waiting for stamina/auction items/trades etc. thus engaging more people in the game.

3.) For those people who don't roleplay it will be a chance for them to stretch their imaginations and for those who don't like this option, they can just leave the character description blank.

#3 fs_alecterum

fs_alecterum
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2007 - 13:31

It could be used to advertise things that you are selling, like your own little shout box (if someone views your profile). Advertise that you sell buffs (stuff like that).

That should convince all the NON-RPG players. About the FSP sink - that should convince the developers ;) The more FSP we spend the more money comes your way, guys :)

And with a personal 'shout box' it will keep the main page shout box more organized, after all how many times have we seen someone selling or buying something only to find that by the time you message them they're no longer selling or buying that said item/fsp?

#4 fs_willy74

fs_willy74
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2007 - 15:45

when i first started playing the game i played in charecter and was really hooked by the aspet but soon realized how many people were not. I fell away from it. this is a very encourageing comment and i am excited

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:05

This is marked for the next update. :)

#6 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:48

TADA!, now thats what I love about this game. Good job Jackdaw! :lol:

The Wicked Players

#7 fs_mrrellik

fs_mrrellik
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2007 - 19:12

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D i have been watching the other sugestion aswel lon this topic but finaly we have hope....love ya hoof.

this would rely be something to be looking foward 2. nice wan jackdaw.. you to thoran !!!! uv rely made ma day

#8 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 17 November 2007 - 13:21

"Posted AFTER Jackdaw left the game"
...this is an OLD thread. Posted on [24 Apr 2007]

I love reading this thread over and over, Jackdaw you will be missed. :cry:

*Edit - Admin / Modd, please LOCK

The Wicked Players

#9 fs_sathius

fs_sathius
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2007 - 16:11

Anybody here remember MUSH style games? I would be great to see that kind of interaction between everyone involved in the game. :D

#10 spidey101

spidey101

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 18:31

I suggested this long time ago and I never got any feedback, though it was .

I like to do a little Role Playing in FallenSword. That's why my character has an avatar I spent quite a lot of time making, that's why I tend to speak 'in-character' while talking to other players. My character - Jackdaw - has become a sort of my alter-ego.

From what I see there's a lot of people other than me playing FS that put a lot of effort into creating vivid, interesting characters that have features distinguishing them from the faceless mob. We're the role players! We like to develop our characters otherwise than just building up stats.

The idea is to allow players to write a short description of their characters , just as you write a guild description. This would be a lot of help in developing the characters individuality. The other players would be able not only to see how you look (the avatar) but also who you are / what you think. The description could be short - just as the basic guild description - and there could be an option to buy extra description space for FSP (again - just like with the guild description).

This could easily make the game a lot more fun and increase the depth of game experience for a lot of people.

Bio???

my bad someone brought up an old post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: