credit for people clicking your link

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: would you like to see and idea like this put into place. (18 member(s) have cast votes)

would you like to see and idea like this put into place.

1. yes i think its great.. (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. maybe with some tweaking.. (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. no i dont like free stuff.. (12 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 16:02

let face it getting people to sign up is a hard task and not everyone can get sign up's so i was thinking of a way to make it a bit easier for people to get ahead if people dont sign up but the click your link .. you get 3 pts for each person who signs up , so my idea is you get some kind of credit for people who click your link .. say for every 10 people who click your link you get 1 pt or maybe 50 stamina or maybe 500 exp.. not only will this help the players but also it will get the word out about the game.. say someone looks at you link but dont sign up but a friend is looking for a game the guy who didnt sign up tells him about this link that he clicked that leads to this game you dont get credit for it being a 3rd party signed up.. this way you would still get credit for the first guy looking at the site from your link..

#2 fs_sigiloso

fs_sigiloso
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 16:10

Its a cool idea, but since its a little abusable, i go for for each 10 clicking 500 exp, thats cool :)

Or for each 10 clicking 1fsp but the admins must get something to check that the clicks comes from a different IP

Good job my friend :wink:

#3 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 16:12

Oooooooo I like this idea

#4 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 16:15

well you cant abuse it if they use the same idea as with sign ups you only get credit from 1 i.p. this way you cant get a friend to click it 500 times.. maybe clear the i.p's once a month.. so it cannot be abused..

#5 fs_retsnom

fs_retsnom
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 16:27

cough outwar.com cough...... lol it is a very abusable idea..... just like the signups are being abused a lot now....

no offense meant death1799

#6 DarkLord

DarkLord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 October 2007 - 16:29

well i dont recruit, cuz i dont have anybody to recruit
but still great idea :)

#7 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 16:32

well not abusable if they make it the same way sign ups are.. 1 click from 1 ip.. and thats it that way you can have someone click your link like 200 times.. its has to be a unused ip ..

#8 fs_sos96340

fs_sos96340
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 16:42

maybe add a '100-clicking medal' =P. anyway, this is a good idea but prevent abuses, ill say no fsp reward =D

#9 fs_finite

fs_finite
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 18:04

the problem you have then is that not everyone has a stitic ip

#10 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 18:18

then i guess that same thing could work for people who sign up.. theres allways a way to abuse the system they just have to minimize it...

#11 fs_gabahey

fs_gabahey
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 19:03

Its a pretty good ideia, some other browser games do that... cant tell which ones thou :X ...

Make it 1 click per ip , just like the recruit by sign up... if someone is going to abuse it they'll obviously abuse from the recruit as well , specially because the recruit will give more fsp

#12 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 19:12

well and i laso think this will help fallen sword grow since people will be more willing to put the link out there and it will also help the people in other countrys who cant do free offers..

#13 fs_mashiba

fs_mashiba
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 22:56

No, this is the worst and easiest to abuse idea ever. Especially since you want to offer FSP's or Stamina, ridiculous idea. Everyone would set up refresher programs with 10000 proxies and let it run 24 hours a day.

#14 fs_striderlgn

fs_striderlgn
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2007 - 22:59

NO
anyone can sucker ppl into clicking the link

the game gets nothing if someone just clicks the link than closes

what i think would help making recruiting easier would be some cool pics
to entice ppl into joining

#15 fs_jimmyjoe

fs_jimmyjoe
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:31

No, this is the worst and easiest to abuse idea ever. Especially since you want to offer FSP's or Stamina, ridiculous idea. Everyone would set up refresher programs with 10000 proxies and let it run 24 hours a day.

agreed... :roll:

#16 fs_death1799

fs_death1799
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:12

hmmmm i like it

#17 Willoughby

Willoughby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 19:15

agreed... :roll:

Yep, seen it done on other games.

Bad idea.

Now add into it the need to type a code to validate each click, lol... may go some way to reducing abuse. But I still think it would be a bad idea.

4re39x.jpg
That's how long I've been waiting for this game.

#18 Palindine

Palindine

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Canada

Posted 17 November 2007 - 22:03

NO
anyone can sucker ppl into clicking the link

the game gets nothing if someone just clicks the link than closes

what i think would help making recruiting easier would be some cool pics
to entice ppl into joining

i'm with you on this one. i wouldn't of minded seeing something a touch more in-depth on the log-on screen, i mean sure its nothing to spam your friends with your referal link, but unless the "homepage" is more enticing how can we get more people to accept the referal

#19 fs_cutupforce

fs_cutupforce
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2007 - 22:28

I disagree. Not everybody is deceitful, and not everyone would know how to do that. Sounds complicated to me.

#20 fs_mashiba

fs_mashiba
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:19

I disagree. Not everybody is deceitful, and not everyone would know how to do that. Sounds complicated to me.

You only need one to ruin the experience for others. Just look at the whole recruiting fiasco. Heck, if I really wanted I could go to school tomorrow and sign up 100 times with all the pc's there, or go around town to each internet cafe.

I have better things to do though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: