• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DivinePrince

DivinePrince

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:09

-  Instead of colour swatches, can't we have a full spectrum colour wheel with brightness/saturation sliders for hair and stuff? and option to change eye colour would be nice too.

Something like this would be extremely nice to have: http://www.colorpicker.com/

Also, more hair options would be nice. I mean- I can even come up with some concept sketches/reference pictures for hairstyles if you want. I just feel that more customization would be well appreciated.

All the players kind of look exactly the same with the current options we have atm.

- I'm an Immersion Nerd. I noticed that we can't walk into water. Can we make it so that we can at least walk in up to waist-deep in the water? Swimming would be bonusssss.

- Where's the spacebar = jump? Out of habit I keep pressing spacebar and I get upset because my player doesn't jump :c

- Can you add a mechanic that lets you move around WHILE fighting? And maybe even a dodge/roll would be nice too. Just to give combat a little extra touch of fun?

Edited by DivinePrince, 24 November 2014 - 12:30.

#2 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:27

I agree. There's that one priestess in Jasperwood that has sort-of purple-pink hair. So jealous x.x;

rsz_sniper_anime_girl_dual_screen_3_t2.j

| Rezilia (16) Ranger | Bunnycakes (5) Paladin |

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

| Account (8) | Hours (58.5+) |

#3 DBYFallen

DBYFallen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 22:19

The reason there isnt Jumping or swimming is because of the fact it is indeed a browser based game and it has to be able to run in your browser. As for suggestions of what I think they should do. I think if they improved the network and made it non browser would be fantastic. I think it would open up a lot of opputunites for the game such as the ones you mentioned even though it personally doesnt bother me because this reminds me of what rs3 should have been. And if they got better networks that would be nice.

#4 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 00:35

A lot on the current HCS plate right now, so may be a long while.  But they did say plans include opening the various barber shops you see around town.  Character customization happens at that time.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#5 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 00:50

The reason there isnt Jumping or swimming is because of the fact it is indeed a browser based game and it has to be able to run in your browser. As for suggestions of what I think they should do. I think if they improved the network and made it non browser would be fantastic. I think it would open up a lot of opputunites for the game such as the ones you mentioned even though it personally doesnt bother me because this reminds me of what rs3 should have been. And if they got better networks that would be nice.

lol.... "it's browser based" is no longer an viable excuse..   there are MANY browser based games with both jumping and swimming (and a lot more customization and well just about anything....) out already..... unity web player (And others) opened up the world of browser gaming to a whole new level then html5 took it even further... anymore "it's browser based" is hardly an excuse for anything......

literaly the only arguments for or aginst going browser based are

1st: do you want to do the work to make it browser based

2nd: do you want to open your game up to all the volatile (generaly younger but not always) players that come with browser games

if the answers to both of them are yes or atleast you feel both of them are worth opening your game to a wider audience then the decision is made (which they obviously have made) to be browser but don't hide behind that as an excuse to not include something :)

did you see CoS (before they let themselves be influenced by the asian market and become another cookie cutter asian mmo piece of $@#^)  or the new project gorgon (which is no longer browser but only because the 2 devs they ahve decided they couldn't do the work at this time...) 

• Rez likes this

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#6 DivinePrince

DivinePrince

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:03

As for the Browser Based thing, their best bet would be to switch to non-browser.

It wouldn't affect the player base at all (probably). And there would be more options for the game to expand, including maybe adding better textures ( especially for the water) and maybe a graphics update?.

In fact, why don't we make a poll for this? That way everyone can have their say on whether or not it should be ported.

Anyways, these aren't super serious suggestions. So I wouldn't mind waiting a fair while for them.

I'm actually really surprised at the positive feedback from you guys .O. Usually on other sites I get eaten alive whenever I make a suggestion :c

I agree. There's that one priestess in Jasperwood that has sort-of purple-pink hair. So jealous x.x;

I really really want to have cyan or bright pink hair :u SO SO BAAAD!

Edited by DivinePrince, 25 November 2014 - 07:36.

#7 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:02

The solution is to just make it out of HTML5. Browser, desktop, android, etc. Everywhere. Everything.

But they don't have the money to do that.

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

#8 DivinePrince

DivinePrince

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:06

I would love to help by donating but... I don't have any money to donate. -flails-

#9 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:09

I would love to help by donating but... I don't have any money to donate. -flails-

Haha... Yeah...

I'm right there with you.

Jimmy-McMillan-photo-Joshua-Phillips.jpg

If I had the money (and interest in this game) a year ago, I still wouldn't have bought the Founder Pack. But now that I've played the game, I know the devs well and know they won't waste my money, and have faith in this game's chance for further development, I would totally buy a $1K pack...if I had the money >.>;

Edited by Rez, 25 November 2014 - 10:14.

#10 DivinePrince

DivinePrince

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:28

They could start a fundraiser? With a donation box. $2 being minimum amount you can donate.

#11 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:35

I think there are laws that keep them from doing that. Something about they have to be a charity? o.0

There's some legal difference between fundraisers and donations. :/

Edited by Rez, 25 November 2014 - 10:36.

#12 DivinePrince

DivinePrince

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:40

LOL. Oopsies then uh.

I'm not good at that real-world stuff.

yeah. just like, a donation campaign or however they want to phrase it.

#13 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:42

:P

Perhaps a one-time "option" to pay for a certain number of loyalty points for a few dollars, once per account :P

#14 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:02

Interesting concept, but if you want to support HCS and Eldevin, why not just subscribe or buy EP?

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#15 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 21:07

Some people don't have enough for even a month subscription to throw out.

And if it's a kid, it's easier to ask their parents to buy something that's $2-3 than $7-8.

It may not seem like much of a difference to you, but where I come from parents are cheap as all hell right now. They don't just buy up all the consoles in the console wars. In fact, they barely even let their kids get a piece of candy at the store.

(I can pay for it, but I'm going to move soon and I don't want to have a sub running while I don't have internet.)

Edited by Rez, 25 November 2014 - 21:07.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: