NEw buff idea

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 j3k

j3k

Posted 04 July 2014 - 13:22

The buff would be called scramble would be a level 1800-2000 buff  :D

Scramble

have a 0.2% of Lying about your bonuses... Only works with cloak Duration would be 45Min 

At max it would be 35% for a level 175 buff

the bigger the % the better and bigger the lie is 

instead of me giving away what kind of bonus attack [ex]  i got 6k bonus attack from buffs BUT when i have cloak on scramble could mess up the attack thinking i have 11k Armor instead of attack IT would be best for the ladder community or arena or just  pvp in general 

[note] your stats stay the same 

just my 2c of thee day 

comment what you think of my idea 

Edited by j3k, 04 July 2014 - 17:13.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#2 PlantFred

PlantFred

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:01

Nice idea, definitely like this :)

#3 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:03

My question is how is this going to work? Where will the chance to Lie come in?

This is my understanding of the Lying concept:

My stats are:

Attack: 17,000 (+13000)         Defense: 3,000 (+895)

Armor:  1,300 (+107)             Damage: 15,000 (+9250)

With this skill and cloak they would show:

Attack: Hidden (+895)         Defense: Hidden (+9250)

Armor:  Hidden (+13000)             Damage: Hidden (+107)

When does the chance of the buff come in?

Also, not sure what HCS thinks of having a buff merely for appearances and deception. 

All in all, its a neat idea to deceive PvPers and make things interesting, but the concept of the idea is kind of opposite of all the other buffs in the sense that the stats are "moved" and not just adjusted and moved like the others.

#4 j3k

j3k

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:09

My question is how is this going to work? Where will the chance to Lie come in?

This is my understanding of the Lying concept:

My stats are:

Attack: 17,000 (+13000)         Defense: 3,000 (+895)

Armor:  1,300 (+107)             Damage: 15,000 (+9250)

With this skill and cloak they would show:

Attack: Hidden (+895)         Defense: Hidden (+9250)

Armor:  Hidden (+13000)             Damage: Hidden (+107)

When does the chance of the buff come in?

The lying is possible when buff is active while cloak is as well  with 175 the chances of it being a lie is 35%   but IMO 35% might  be all you need

if i got 13K attack (+10000)

with cloak and Scramble on it would be 

Attack :Hidden (+27)  

Armor :Hidden (+10000)

Defense :Hidden (+3560)

Damage :Hidden (+6000)

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#5 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:13

The lying is possible when buff is active while cloak is as well  with 175 the chances of it being a lie is 35%   but IMO 35% might  be all you need

if i got 13K attack (+10000)

with cloak and Scramble on it would be 

Attack :Hidden (+27)  

Armor :Hidden (+10000)

Defense :Hidden (+3560)

Damage :Hidden (+6000)

Yes, I understand that. I just don't understand where the new buff comes in.

Does it come into play the instant you are buffed with it and it randomly scrambles your stats right then ad there permanently? And if so, wouldn't I just need to buff and rebuff until I got the scrambled status I wanted?

Does it come into play every time someone reloads your profile? One reload shows the +10000 bonus on Attack, the next time it shows it one Armor?

Where does it come into play?

#6 j3k

j3k

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:20

Does it come into play the instant you are buffed with it and it randomly scrambles your stats right then ad there permanently? And if so, wouldn't I just need to buff and rebuff until I got the scrambled status I wanted?

Does it come into play every time someone reloads your profile? One reload shows the +10000 bonus on Attack, the next time it shows it one Armor?

Where does it come into play?

the stats are randomized and it does come in with the buff active but would be useless with out cloak so yes the second it is active while cloak is it is randomized and for that buff duration would be the stats so if you;re doing some pvp ladder or bounty or anything it would confused the :heck: out of them .. 

and if some one clicks your profile it would be the same being an "intimidation buff " the stats would same randomized stats unless you rebuff your self 

As soon as you buff yourself  :D 

Edited by j3k, 04 July 2014 - 14:21.

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#7 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:54

why not just not show bonuses at all? cloak them too... rather than randomizing the numbers, hiding the bonuses would probably be easier to do.

#8 j3k

j3k

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:55

why not just not show bonuses at all? cloak them too... rather than randomizing the numbers, hiding the bonuses would probably be easier to do.

lol that would work as well but sadly cloak doesn't do that  :P

with this buff im sure you can confuse some one really bad 

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#9 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:56

Cause when buffed and having cloak you can tell what your target is wearing, and depending on the level they are at you can nearly almost guess exactly what they are wearing. Showing no bonus stats(excluding building/relic bonuses) would pretty much do the same thing other than making them think you have 10k bonus hp and not attack.

#10 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:58

lol that would work as well but sadly cloak doesn't do that  :P

with this buff im sure you can confuse some one really bad 

Well your making a new buff, im just using cloak as the example. Whatever this new buff is called will do the same thing as cloak and hidden coffer, just it would only effect your stat bonuses given through buffs. 

#11 j3k

j3k

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:59

Cause when buffed and having cloak you can tell what your target is wearing, and depending on the level they are at you can nearly almost guess exactly what they are wearing. Showing no bonus stats(excluding building/relic bonuses) would pretty much do the same thing other than making them think you have 10k bonus hp and not attack.

if its Randomized it would also give 6k for armor etc etc

if gives you 10k hp then idk you have lots of HP

but it would also changed depend on leveling so if a 1600 is pvping the stats would be as if they have a different gear as for a 200 would be different   

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

#12 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 15:36

I see a problem with this.  Either it's a random 35% chance that someone looking at you would see scrambled stats and all they have to do is keep clicking on your profile until they see the same stats enough to know they are real OR it's a one time scramble for everyone and all you have to do is ask a friend about your stats and keep rebuffing until you know the buff worked.  Either way it's a pretty easy work around to guarantee results so I don't see this as a necessary buff.

Screenshot everything!

#13 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 17:36

Removing skill from the game does not make it harder, it makes it boring and pure luck. We have enough luck and delay buffs already. Sorry to treat your idea with disdain but this idea is lame.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#14 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 20:31

Scramble :blink:

#15 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 22:25

Scramble :blink:

Eggiwegs! :P

Cheers.

wil72

#16 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 23:44

good to see people are still able to come up with new ideas :D or at least i havent seen this one before :)

• j3k likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: