Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 January 2016 - 21:27

Hi all,

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on where we're at with the Fallen Sword App. Firstly some great news - we can confirm that we'll be releasing the game on Steam once the app is ready for Windows, Mac (and most likely Linux too!) - this alone should give the game a huge amount of exposure when it's released.

We're developing the new client for the game in Unity which means we can essentially built it once then deploy it to multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.) with minimal changes (mainly platform specific features).

We're aiming to add a page to the game within the next couple of weeks which will let you register your interest in taking part in the beta. Note the initial version won't be fully featured, but will include the world map (moving around, combat etc.), inventory management, quest book etc. - some of the more advanced features (inventing, composing etc.) will be added in later beta tests as we iron out any problems found. Note we aren't aiming to start the beta in a couple of weeks, but we are hoping to have the first beta release ready to try out before the end of Feb.

Cheers,

Hoof

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2016 - 21:30

Hi all,

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on where we're at with the Fallen Sword App. Firstly some great news - we can confirm that we'll be releasing the game on Steam once the app is ready for Windows, Mac (and most likely Linux too!) - this alone should give the game a huge amount of exposure when it's released.

We're developing the new client for the game in Unity which means we can essentially built it once then deploy it to multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.) with minimal changes (mainly platform specific features).

We're aiming to add a page to the game within the next couple of weeks which will let you register your interest in taking part in the beta. Note the initial version won't be fully featured, but will include the world map (moving around, combat etc.), inventory management, quest book etc. - some of the more advanced features (inventing, composing etc.) will be added in later beta tests as we iron out any problems found. Note we aren't aiming to start the beta in a couple of weeks, but we are hoping to have the first beta release ready to try out before the end of Feb.

Cheers,

Hoof

Once the beta goes live, and the players are chosen to take part, will they still be playing their existing character or a new, temporary, one ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 22:18

we can confirm that we'll be releasing the game on Steam once the app is ready for Windows, Mac (and most likely Linux too!) - this alone should give the game a huge amount of exposure when it's released.

This will bring in thousands of players.. Best to have the server capacity before to handle such an assumption.. Better to over plan than under and disappoint potential new players..

..Seriously great news for the game. All those platforms will be great for availability! How will sign in work with all that? Will I be able to game from computer to tablet to phone without having to sign in each time? Or will that info come later with beta

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2016 - 00:28

Once the beta goes live, and the players are chosen to take part, will they still be playing their existing character or a new, temporary, one ?

It will be linked to the live server so you'd just play as you normally would, but using the new client.

#5 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 January 2016 - 00:30

This will bring in thousands of players.. Best to have the server capacity before to handle such an assumption.. Better to over plan than under and disappoint potential new players..

..Seriously great news for the game. All those platforms will be great for availability! How will sign in work with all that? Will I be able to game from computer to tablet to phone without having to sign in each time? Or will that info come later with beta

Absolutely :)

For the sign-in, you'll be able to get the app to save your details so you don't have to enter your info each time (unless you want to of course)

#6 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:38

For the sign-in, you'll be able to get the app to save your details so you don't have to enter your info each time (unless you want to of course)

I think what was actually meant by the original question (at least, how I interpreted it, and I'm curious about this too), is not "can login details be saved so you just click login?", but instead "do you have to log in each time because you can only be logged into a single device?".

For example: User is logged in on their desktop computer. User goes into the kitchen and logs in on their cell phone to continue their guild chat. User goes back to their desktop... do they have to click login again, or is guild chat still flowing there as if they never touched their phone?

Basically, be able to be signed into multiple devices like we used to be able to, before the security stuff was put in to "protect" us from ourselves when scammers were conning login details from users with phishing messages.

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:56

By his answer I learned that what I was asking won't be possible.. We won't be able to be simultaneously logged into multiple devices.. Which will be an inconvenience for me but probably best for security and to limit cheating.. The evil has ruined playability but to know its easy to log in is a relief..

#8 j3k

j3k

Posted 03 January 2016 - 20:32

Hi all,

Cheers,

Hoof

With it being on steam will the game have any Achievements and if so will it correlate to the ones in game that say "Achievements

[ Coming soon... ]:"
Just wondering as i'm a achievement hunter on steam  :wub:  :wub:

• j3k likes this

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 21:17

Very nice to see this moving head. Thumbs up! 

It will be linked to the live server so you'd just play as you normally would, but using the new client.

That's unfortunate, but I guess beta volunteers deserve some benefit. 

#10 tacokiller

tacokiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 22:55

I'll definitely download the Fallen Sword app when it comes out.

#11 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:10

Perfect time to distinguish achievements from medals if this games coming to steam.
Make the medals more valuable by subsidizing the irrelevent ones and throw the scrapped ones in with the achievement system built.

https://forums.hunte...vement-hunters/

1# Being a avid achievement hunter myself on steam I know the more achievements you have the more people will play and with fallensword the possibilities are endless don't stop at 32? like you did with eldevin that was a huge mistake eldevin could be more then it is now so learn from your mistake and do better this time with your flagship title a good part of the community use steam for achievements if they wanted to earn in game achievements then they'd play without a platform such as steam there will be naysayers who grotesque such a reward system but the simple conclusion is it works. You only get one opportunity to present the game so make sure the servers are up to par, make sure you have everything figured out [hackers/exploiters etc] as excited as I am to play the game on my iphone, steam is where it's at you can bring this game back to life if cards are played right and achievements are a huge part of doing that my studies of IOS rpg games is when you gain an achievement depending on the difficulty you gain gold/energy [stamina] or special currency [FSPs] for those who already achieved the achievement for example energy wise would become reserve stamina, gold and FSP's could be added accordingly this keeps players more engaged to continue playing

2# in terms of logging into multiply devices allow us to sync devices to our account up to 3 devices [Computer/Phone/Tablet etc] would be a great start it'd of course be the same account linked to the 3 devices but actively working together...its not like you can't go to your local mcdonalds and create an account then your burger king then your arbys...with wifi everywhere multi account banning is going to be a issue so what we need to figure out is a way so you can actively continue playing when stamina runs out or revamp the stamina system so it's more actively regained I been saying it for over 2 years we have to get players to keep playing you can't have them play once wait 2-3 days and hope they come back they need to be actively engaged you need weekly not monthly updates to the game, the players online need removed until theres a healthy amount of players playing otherwise people will login and see that the games practically dead and won't put time into it theres no excuse for this game falling apart being a MUD game with little to no competition, go around checking out the apps on the app stores that are frequently played and request a advert so while people are playing similar games [RPG's] the game pops up and they check it out...web browser advertising is nice but a majority of people have adblocker your not going to reach as many people that way anymore but you should send requests to review sites to take a second look at the game in it's current state even now I browse through looking for new games and see old reviews from 2006 that make this game look bad you need to get the publicity to be positive. 

3# For the steam client and app allow a first time recharge/purchase of [fsp's] and throw the starter gold dragon package in with all the goodies it came with for those who buy $5.00 of fsps or more this will boost profits and entice players to make a purchase day one. http://wiki.fallensw...lden_Dragon_Set

4# lastly though more then unlikely giving the lack of attention giving to fallensword but would help is at least adding optional 2d/3d battling since your building a client this would allow you to emphasize the loot allowing us to show it off as thats a huge part of any dungeon crawling game is the loot, revamping the player profiles to be more steamlined and clean would go a long ways its 2015 the graphics even from a 2d margin are dated theres more hi-def 2d models these days the extra attention to detail would be a positive.

That's my 2 cents what you been doing isn't working obviously...even eldevin has taken a nose dive so maybe listen to player feedback for the type of terrain your going into and consider making some changes don't let this opportunity slip by 

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#12 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:24

I'm not saying that for us players, but for you HCS, maybe it's time to think about creating a second server, we (players from server 1) would be able to create an account there, but without sharing anything between accounts, everyone starting from zero there.

That could crash this game apart and kill it for good, or create a complete new game where a lot of people would play...I really don't know, but you guys really should sit with the crew and discuss the pros and cons.

BTW, great job, I'll for sure sign-in for beta :)

#13 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:13

I'm not saying that for us players, but for you HCS, maybe it's time to think about creating a second server, we (players from server 1) would be able to create an account there, but without sharing anything between accounts, everyone starting from zero there.

That could crash this game apart and kill it for good, or create a complete new game where a lot of people would play...I really don't know, but you guys really should sit with the crew and discuss the pros and cons.

BTW, great job, I'll for sure sign-in for beta :)

lol Well their defiantly not going to invest time into making a new game when they won't even revamp sigmastorm at least then people would have two games to play while levying their stamina so that's obviously a no...the server idea wouldn't be a bad idea but given the servers are crap already... me personally I believe even though I disagree with multi accounts at least people are playing if people are taking the time to play 2-3-4-5 accounts then at least their playing at the very least introducing classes or allowing the creation of 2-3 characters would be great if their not going to make the stamina system more efficient i mean people can already multi account easy your not going to see huge gains anyways until their high in level so ya

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: