Photo

Next Roadmap - VOTE NOW!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

Poll: Roadmap Poll (447 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for which ideas you'd like to see implemented first.

1. New Guild-based Medals (170 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

2. *Create New Items for Chests (120 votes [2.99%])

Percentage of vote: 2.99%

3. Improve Secure Trade / Send Item Feature (73 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

4. Add Useful Links to Message (57 votes [1.42%])

Percentage of vote: 1.42%

5. Improve Composing (237 votes [5.91%])

Percentage of vote: 5.91%

6. Guild Conflict Structure (86 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

7. Wiki / Ultimate Fallen Sword Guide Link (74 votes [1.84%])

Percentage of vote: 1.84%

8. *Add New Unique Items and Medals to Guild Conflicts (120 votes [2.99%])

Percentage of vote: 2.99%

9. Make Map Footprints Persistent (75 votes [1.87%])

Percentage of vote: 1.87%

10. Arena Improvements (116 votes [2.89%])

Percentage of vote: 2.89%

11. Make Gold Upgrades Reset at Midnight (Server Time) (170 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

12. Improve the Attack Player interface (48 votes [1.20%])

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

13. Improve the Backpack Interface (220 votes [5.48%])

Percentage of vote: 5.48%

14. Improve Quick Buff (118 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

15. Improve Auto-Fragmenting (128 votes [3.19%])

Percentage of vote: 3.19%

16. Add Direct Link From Forum To Player Profile (54 votes [1.35%])

Percentage of vote: 1.35%

17. Add Top Rated Section for Titan Hunters and Super-Elite Slayer (94 votes [2.34%])

Percentage of vote: 2.34%

18. Increase Avatar Image Max Size and Character Bio Max Limit (107 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

19. Improve Hellforging (200 votes [4.98%])

Percentage of vote: 4.98%

20. Add New Player List for Mentors (68 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

21. Improve Guild Chat (119 votes [2.97%])

Percentage of vote: 2.97%

22. Re-design Diamond Medal Artwork (57 votes [1.42%])

Percentage of vote: 1.42%

23. Improve Quest Book (125 votes [3.11%])

Percentage of vote: 3.11%

24. Improve Marketplace (101 votes [2.52%])

Percentage of vote: 2.52%

25. *Improve the PvP Ladder (91 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

26. Fallen Sword Point Vault (Bank) (110 votes [2.74%])

Percentage of vote: 2.74%

27. Improved Item Compare (90 votes [2.24%])

Percentage of vote: 2.24%

28. Invite to Guild Button (81 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

29. Hide Perfect (62 votes [1.54%])

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

30. Change PvP Ladder hits to not be bountyable (112 votes [2.79%])

Percentage of vote: 2.79%

31. Improve Top Rated (89 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

32. Buff Marketplace (196 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

33. Make new players exempt from Guild Conflicts (102 votes [2.54%])

Percentage of vote: 2.54%

34. Extract All (102 votes [2.54%])

Percentage of vote: 2.54%

35. Improve Secure Trade (81 votes [2.02%])

Percentage of vote: 2.02%

36. Improve View Creature Popup (70 votes [1.74%])

Percentage of vote: 1.74%

37. Improve Auction Notification Messages (90 votes [2.24%])

Percentage of vote: 2.24%

Vote

#61 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:02

It's not to much to 'protect' them from GvG, but I think it may be quite discouraging when you are new to the game, join a guild then get a load of GvG attacks in your log. I'm thinking just for 'x' days after joining the game you can't be attacked or participate in GvG.

Sarcastic response (feel free to skip):

At this rate, I think we should protect FS from leveling. Perhaps at least a year of playing. We could then expand the PvP range to be at least 100 levels. That would get rid of most of the gripes.

I also think a protect against lame Guilds should be in effect. Scamming aside for being too obvious... we could just make it so no player can join any Guild that doesn't take care of its players. Yeah.....

And finally, when leveling is allowed, there should definitely be a protect against mobs. I'd recommend until about level 2,000 (thinking ahead on this one). I mean, let's face it... even levelers hate it when they lose their KS. Beyond that, pretty much everyone complains about set costs and actually having to think or do anything beyond clicking to level up.

Serious response:

"Protecting" from pretty much any game aspect is against the entire idea. In this case, GvG is the low-cost way to learn about PvP. All you're doing by "protecting" is getting everyone to be more upset when they have to face up to the real game.

An apt example would be locking your kid (yes yours Hoof) up at home until they are 18. After all... wouldn't want them to know what to do when they meet up with those "bad" people. Of course, sooner or later they have to learn... and the faster something "bad" happens, maybe the faster some "good" people come along.

In short, parents teach their kids or the kids learn on their own. I don't think there is a single long-standing player in the game (and that doesn't mean they have to be long-standing to earn the badge) that doesn't do one or the other.

Babying people into game play is not going to make FS survive.

Edited by Egami, 09 October 2013 - 00:04.

#62 Jonathan69

Jonathan69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 00:22

I think if we did this, it would be more likely that it would be used as extra backpack space which isn't the idea behind the mailbox :)

then how about after a serten time it is automaticly sent to the  players bp ?

#63 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:23

While I can see why the pvp addicts would like this, it's more than a trifle unfair.  Anyway, you can go to find player and find everyone who's on in your range.  Letting them know how much gold you're carrying takes away any incentive to stalk targets, and makes it much too easy to attack someone during or right after a hunt.

It's been said many times that this is a pvp game. I'd hate to see it get turned into a primarily pvp game.

pvper are getting spoiled i see geeze making there job all way to easy to just find people with the gold on hand

#64 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:25

An apt example would be locking your kid (yes yours Hoof) up at home until they are 18. After all... wouldn't want them to know what to do when they meet up with those "bad" people. Of course, sooner or later they have to learn... and the faster something "bad" happens, maybe the faster some "good" people come along.

In short, parents teach their kids or the kids learn on their own. I don't think there is a single long-standing player in the game (and that doesn't mean they have to be long-standing to earn the badge) that doesn't do one or the other.

Babying people into game play is not going to make FS survive.

Wow. One of the worst analogies ever.
I just want to know why 14 days of waiting to gvg a noob is a non starter? You believe in throwing people into the deep end of the pool from the get go ( so we should get rid of noob pvp protection too?). Is that the only reason? Wow. I really would like to understand the passionate reasoning for farming noobs. This game has so many dimensions. Give them a chance to start out unharassed. As someone else suggested, the can join a gvg and break their protection if they want to get an early start.

#65 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:39

Wow. One of the worst analogies ever.
I just want to know why 14 days of waiting to gvg a noob is a non starter? You believe in throwing people into the deep end of the pool from the get go ( so we should get rid of noob pvp protection too?). Is that the only reason? Wow. I really would like to understand the passionate reasoning for farming noobs. This game has so many dimensions. Give them a chance to start out unharassed. As someone else suggested, the can join a gvg and break their protection if they want to get an early start.

personally i feel the reason people farm noobs is bcz the people farming them ... multis i would say know they are easy prey to get they dont have to worry about retaliation bcz they dont understand the game etc. who here understood the game when they were below level 100 and how buffs worked what gear to wear in the beginning stges of the game guilds usually take care of there members they give them gear but they really dont completely understand

#66 Iseult

Iseult

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:58

On the improve quick buff;   the one thing i'd like to see is the option to have packages of buffs. If we could set packages up so we can quick select several buffs at the same time (for instance adept learner, librarian, merchant, conserve, animal magnetism & wither) it would be extremely useful to those of us that sell buffs. If the buff marketplace would have these package deals available it would make it much more useful than if you have to search through ten buffs and select one at a time. 

#67 Lostdog

Lostdog

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:28

For a future improvment idea, since I am too late to suggest this, would it be possible to add medals for current best players in SE hunting, bounties, and arena that is timed like the pvp band medal. This would show the best player in their respective play style in a certain amount of time. So it would reset after "x" amount of days and the player or players in the top ten for example would get progress towards a medal like how the pvp band medal works. I think that it would be cool to see who is the current best players in their respective playstyles and not  necessarily the best of all time like with arena you have the list of most wins but that doesnt really mean they are the current best arena player.

#68 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:39

we have a set number of items for this road map i think this stile or voting is flawed what we should be voting for is the order this gets done you could ether make a preset pans or let us attach numbers to them to set the order

#69 pedroevan

pedroevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:14

Time to stack up sacrifice potions, more xp less gold :'(

Improve the Attack Player interface
This would include showing active players within your range and their gold in-hand.

Estimated Time to Add: 3 days 

#70 milon9999

milon9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:39

Improve Composing

• Randomize the default potion bottle/potion color when creating a new potion.
  • Add templates for Composing potions so you can quickly create them again.
  • Add the ability to create multiple potions simultaneously (the amount you could create at the same time would be determined by your Composing level)
  • Add a medal for the number of potions created (note this would not be retroactive).
  • Add a log notification when potions are complete (and a new preference to turn this off)
Estimated Time to Add: 2 weeks

Everything is fine with the Improve Composing idea. But I'm disagree with this one "Randomize the default potion bottle/potion color when creating a new potion." I Think it should be kept as it is now. Let the player choose the colour/ bottle for their own. Thanks :)

Edited by milon9999, 09 October 2013 - 03:40.

dbzteengohansig_by_zzkurozz-d69715k.png

#71 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:58

I take it no more mobile updates then, a nice kill all button would be great for mobile map >_>

sigma_468x60.jpg

#72 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:19

While I can see why the pvp addicts would like this, it's more than a trifle unfair.  Anyway, you can go to find player and find everyone who's on in your range.  Letting them know how much gold you're carrying takes away any incentive to stalk targets, and makes it much too easy to attack someone during or right after a hunt.

It's been said many times that this is a pvp game. I'd hate to see it get turned into a primarily pvp game.

I do agree that this is very much a WIN button for PVPers. But it is already in the FSH (admittedly only by recent activity - but that does include anyone who is hunting) so its not really a new WIN button.

In fairness to "PVP addicts", I've seen a number of PVPers in a lot of previous forums advocating that people should have to work to find their gold targets.

Edited by rowbeth, 09 October 2013 - 06:26.

#73 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:28

Is there no option for the poll results to be normalised by number of voters rather than number of votes? The later is really inappropriate for polls where people can cast multiple votes

#74 mogulic

mogulic

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:32

Hoofmaster, on 09 Oct 2013 - 00:04, said:snapback.png

I think if we did this, it would be more likely that it would be used as extra backpack space which isn't the idea behind the mailbox smile.png

then how about after a serten time it is automaticly sent to the  players bp ?

I totaly agree with jonathan, and this shouldn't take long to implement too...Why wouldn't items from players' mailbox automaticaly go to his BP after 24 hours expire instead of going into the void...Provided one has enough BP spaces to receive them, of course...

#75 Spiridonij

Spiridonij

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Belarus

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:35

Everything is fine with the Improve Composing idea. But I'm disagree with this one "Randomize the default potion bottle/potion color when creating a new potion." I Think it should be kept as it is now. Let the player choose the colour/ bottle for their own. Thanks :)

I understand that we'll be able to change both bottle and color, just start position will be another.

And as a proposal to HCS: may be you add a button 'Random' to change this parameters? Swithing it in Preference not so easy. In this way start bottle/color will be as now, and if someone want to experiment - button will be nearby too :)

#76 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:38

I totaly agree with jonathan, and this shouldn't take long to implement too...Why wouldn't items from players' mailbox automaticaly go to his BP after 24 hours expire instead of going into the void...Provided one has enough BP spaces to receive them, of course...

I think automating the move to BP at the end of the mailbox time is a good idea - but if the player doesn't have any slots free, then they should continue to vanish into the "void".

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#77 mogulic

mogulic

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:41

Looking at times needed to implement these developments can't help myself thinking how many of 1 day or shorter developments could be implemented while this poll lasts...

It is obvious that 1-2 weeks developments will win in the poll so we'll have to wait a year or so for some developments that would take few hours to be implemented (not saying that I'm interested in any of those, just that it's a nonsense...)

Why not split developments into two groups based on a time needed to implement them - let's say one group with a day or less time needed to implement and other with more than a day. Then, implement one development from the long group and one from the short one, and again and again, in order set by the poll, of course...

Edited by mogulic, 09 October 2013 - 07:53.

#78 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:35

Why not split developments into two groups based on a time needed to implement them - let's say one group with a day or less time needed to implement and other with more than a day. Then, implement one development from the long group and one from the short one, and again and again, in order set by the poll, of course...

Resource(staff and skill) constraints would prevent this.

it also becomes dangerous when you have more than one person modifying code at a time. It can create bigger issues if it's not kept in check.

Though ones that require content people can obviously be worked on while the coders chip away at something else.

We do however have to remember that these time frames are to fit in with whatever else the cows already do during their workdays.

#79 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:14

I also think it would be in HCS' PR interest to expand on the "content" comment that Hoof made. BG has let loose that this is the "busy" season with Halloween, the Bonfire thingie, Xmas and of course "content" (which was mentioned twice in the Chat list)... which, from his comment, I understood to mean "levels". However, that could be loads of stuff (cough, Epic, cough).

Already have. A link to the Content Roadmap thread is in the opening post.

#80 mogulic

mogulic

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:25

Resource(staff and skill) constraints would prevent this.

it also becomes dangerous when you have more than one person modifying code at a time. It can create bigger issues if it's not kept in check.

Though ones that require content people can obviously be worked on while the coders chip away at something else.

We do however have to remember that these time frames are to fit in with whatever else the cows already do during their workdays.

Oh, maybe I wasn't so clear, I didn't think that they would be worked on simultaneously but consecutively, one from long group then one from short...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: