Photo

PvP Ladder Rewards - what would you like to see?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:00

Hi all,

With the return of the PvP Ladder coming next week, we'd like to get your ideas of what new rewards you'd like to see added. We feel the rewards should be mainly new bound potions and also new inventable equipment, but we're open to other suggestions too! We'd also like to hear your thoughts on the PvP Token costs for the new rewards.

Cheers,

Hoof

#2 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:10

i got a couple of questions - is the ladder gonna be exactly the same as before or is it gonna be different?

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:13

i got a couple of questions - is the ladder gonna be exactly the same as before or is it gonna be different?

Initially the same, but we're open to suggestions to tweak and improve it. Please do post any suggestions on a separate thread however to keep this one for reward ideas :)

#4 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:23

Offtopic: are you monitoring the GvG forum thread we made? If yes, would it affect HCS decision if we have enough yes votes?

Ontopic: I would like to see a Game of Thrones inspired Armor (Crow Cloak/ Nights Watch Cloak (Armour) and Crow Pendant/Nights Watch Pendant)

Stats should be mainly Att/Def/Dam. And LvL Range around 145-175 preferably somewhere in 165 or so.

So my suggestion is Armor and Amulet of lvl 165 with stats in Att/Def/Dam :3

As far as buffs go gloat 200-300 buff would be awesome, were all PvPers on the ladder and love gold thieving, that would be a great thing to spend Tokens on!

Thanks!

Edited by tuvok77, 11 August 2015 - 09:23.

#5 Bloodqueen

Bloodqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:20

None, the thrill of Pvp is enough,stealing gold,exp

#6 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:29

Bound stuff is good. Make it worthwhile for players to join. I miss the old days of action on the ladder. Most of those friends, fellow players have moved on.

Enticing new players to join and dabble in the ladder would be nice. Long lasting potions ( similar to seasons) would be nice.

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:40

Long lasting potions ( similar to seasons) would be nice.

I'd be more than happy to create new PvP potions with longer duration. (Not as long or as powerful as the Seasons though and possibly single buffs? Don't wanna invalidate season potions, y'know?)

#8 Nappeh

Nappeh

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:41

I got an idea just off the top of my head. Make new epic gear and and epic potions with recipies that include titan drops.  Include gear and potions that don't use them for players without access to as much funds, but include truly epic chest potions using titan drops.  You will kill 2 birds with one stone.  You would revive the ladders big time and make titan hunting not only more competitive but also restore value to a flooded epic market.  The # of titan drops in this game is so flooded that all titan hunting other than seasonal titans will be grinding to a hault.  Just introducing a thought to banter around a bit.

#9 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:51

New Titans is something we'll look at before too long I'd wager.

As for the invention ideas, it has potential. We can certainly look into it.

#10 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:56

I'd be more than happy to create new PvP potions with longer duration. (Not as long or as powerful as the Seasons though and possibly single buffs? Don't wanna invalidate season potions, y'know?)

Agreed, as old ladders last 24-48 hours. A fairly long duration, yet something that will be consumed frequently.

Something like 240 mins or so? I'm just tossing out numbers if course

#11 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:58

If short ladders become busy then multi pots similar to season rewards would be useful. (Like you stated tho, not as strong). Heck even the wooden chest I drink occasionally is pretty danged potent.

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:16

Heck even the wooden chest I drink occasionally is pretty danged potent.

It is! This was done to deliberately tempt people to join and gain the shiny, powerful potions!

#13 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:21

I think a few new sets could be worth looking at. I know there's a lack of decent defense sets in the level 1250-1600 range. Maybe a boots/rune set or a ring/rune set that gives defense/damage? :)

#14 radon23

radon23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:48

I never considered pvp a good part of the game, cause im not in fights with other players, discussions with them beacuse i have counter-hit with 10, instead of 50 or 100 stamina. I never put a bounty after i was lev 200, and now i am 2600... I dont have any bounty or smashing medal... but i am not against the fact other guys can play pvp in the game and gain good awards from it.

I voted NO, after discussed it in guild chat with other players who do pvp, for only a reason: there were no pvp bands in the created system. I can use all the set in the game, but how a lev 400 can win against a lev 2500? I thought some new potions and prizes are good (but not enough to make me opt-in), but i cant think low levels players must have less chance than high level ones to win something good despite the efforts.

#15 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 13:15

To keep the PVP ladder more active, I think there have been many threads on what to bring in.

I like the idea of single-buff potions you could purchase with tokens - less duration than the seasons - maybe ranging between 120-240 minutes, but no more with the idea of a very high level brewmaster.

Gear could/should be crystaline with semi-decent durabilities so that they will continually need to be created/replaced. 

Otherwise, I think it'll be a repeat of history. You'll get a lot of interest in the beginning (there are new rewards that would be worth some FSP). Once the shininess of the new items wear off, the ladder will fall back into what it once was, pretty dead in 75% of the ranges. 

#16 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 13:33

I feel like combat, in the all of FS, is weighted toward the attacker. I'd like to see solid defensive sets. Currently, the best defensive (defense or armor) set at almost any particular level combined with the most appropriate buffs will still consistently lose to a properly set up attacker. More specifically, I am a huge fan of epic gear mostly due to stam gain. I like the ability to do more and do it more often. More FS is a good thing. So I'm asking for epics that, when buffed properly will actually defend the wearer.

#17 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 14:00

What about using the ladder tockens as skill points and place them for example for only PvP buffs ? No matter what our level is, for example I can put them to the gloat buff that isn't in my level range, it would be cool to cast those buffs yourself without potions that will go off after a while, maybe put their top levels a bit higher than lvl 175, lvl 200 or 250 for example ? Just for PvP buffs

clock96.gif

#18 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 14:32

Chazz224 had a good thread about ladder rewards/boosting ladder activity. I have not been able to find it, sadly. Maybe someone else could? There was a lot of good discussion and good ideas there.

A second token system was discussed there too, I can't recall the final consensus, but there was a decent discussion.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#19 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 14:38

Here it is:

https://forums.hunte...is-due-i-think/

There is a lot of chat about rewards, which I think is relevant to now.

Hmm, it seems I did a lot of standard epic length posts in that thread. Apologies.

Also this thread might be interesting:

https://forums.hunte...lay-the-ladder/

Edited by Belaric, 11 August 2015 - 14:47.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#20 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 14:41

I am well aware that there are much more experienced players (and therefore thier opinion should be more relevant) but considering the power (and logically importance/usefullness) of composing pots for almost any aspect of the game (I pretty much believe PvP as well) it might be worth it to have frag chests as one of potential rewards. No way the only/main one but as one of the options. Dunno just idea that came to my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: