Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:49

In this latest game update we have added / improved the following:

1) We have updated the PvP Arena so that there are new 8 and 16 player PvP Arenas generated where the prize is for gold instead of Arena Tokens. Click here to view the PvP Arena list now.

2) We have increased the maximum cast limit for Buff Packages from 100 to 250 on the Buff Market.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:54

Nice idea about the incrase from 100 to 250. What about a feature to fill all listenings or seperate faster than going in each package? If you got like 10-20 it take some time.

Like "Refill all packages to xxx" and the price could be 1fsp if it should cost. Lazy people :P

Edited by BabyMad, 20 August 2015 - 12:55.

#3 bjkills

bjkills

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:57

A huge step in the right direction for the Arena! Thank you!

Professional Arena Player when it comes to losing. Avid Titan Hunter. Sometimes I buy and sell stuff.

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 13:01

Nice idea about the incrase from 100 to 250. What about a feature to fill all listenings or seperate faster than going in each package? If you got like 10-20 it take some time.

Like "Refill all packages to xxx" and the price could be 1fsp if it should cost. Lazy people :P

Good idea, but I don't think it should have a Fallen Sword Point cost :)

#5 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 13:03

the addition of gold arenas AGAIN is the BEST EVER!!!! :D  :D  :D

#6 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 13:05

Good idea, but I don't think it should have a Fallen Sword Point cost :)

Those who have enough packets for this feature to save them time will pay one way or another if it would be. But anyhow i would like this feature to get live and im sure many others will too :D

Great to see this game evolve.

#7 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 August 2015 - 13:50

Good going on gold arenas btw, just one question does runner ups get parts of the gold reward just like the tocken arenas ?

clock96.gif

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 13:51

Good going on gold arenas btw, just one question does runner ups get parts of the gold reward just like the tocken arenas ?

No, only the winner receives the gold prize.

#9 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 August 2015 - 13:58

In this latest game update we have added / improved the following:

1) We have updated the PvP Arena so that there are new 8 and 16 player PvP Arenas generated where the prize is for gold instead of Arena Tokens. Click here to view the PvP Arena list now.

2) We have increased the maximum cast limit for Buff Packages from 100 to 250 on the Buff Market.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

Thanks for the update hoof. I don't see why we need #1 whenever you can exchange tokens for gold. If the thought is that more gold was needed, then should just increase the gold gained from tokens rather than re-introducing arenas that are gold only.

For #2 - I'm fine with this. Thanks for the update. Now I need to take the time to update my packs - guess that'll happen when I'm bored :) 

Edited by Kedyn, 20 August 2015 - 14:02.

#10 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 14:11

excellent update on arena..those that play arena understand the need for the gold tourneys ( still need item tourneys back, so arena will be fun again)..those that dont make comments like the one above, talking about exchanging tokens for gold ( that was a total ripoff), very few players elect to get ripped off, playing for tokens was like playing in a kiddie arcade for tickets to get plastic toys with...( basically most prizes for arena are plastic toys , completly worthless), get some new prizes and let us arena players play for them..not buy them..most arena players have thousands , if not 10's of thousands of arena tokens with nothing worth spending them on, and if new prizes ever come..something needs to be done to make sure those prizes are not worthless after a few weeks..PLEASE MR. HOOF - FIND A WAY TO SPEED UP ARENA !!!...2 days to 2 weeks to have one start is very very bad and is what mainly chased arena players away, many of them away from the game entirely...fix the speed..and you may have a viable arena again..thanks for the gold arena's again..a step in the right direction..unfortunatly it took 14 months to look at arena, and most players have quit arena or quit the game..so even with gold tourneys arena is still slow...PLEASE FIGURE OUT A WAY TO SPEED IT BACK UP !!!..

here is a hint - before 75 tourneys for 1200 levels...now , before gold, 60 tourneys for 2600 levels..do the math.....very little , or nothing to join, for any player below level 500...below 200, cant even try arena..they can get moves..but then have 1-3 tourneys a week to join..that is not going to keep players around..fix the amount of tourneys available..

also have to give kudos for the low entry fee gold tourneys, great for those starting in arena....now if we can only get the players back to arena..or to try arena...

Edited by yodamus, 20 August 2015 - 14:23.

#11 eagleeyezz

eagleeyezz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 14:52

i agree with yodamus, arena is dead tokens are not worth playing for, before this was put in place there was still atleast some value in the arena with some filling up faster than others, the arena was the main aspect of the game for me which i soon gave up to the lack of others playing it. i joined 4 arenas for the first time in over a year 3 days ago my my 3rd one just ran about 30 mins ago...

please revamp the arena so everyone can get involved again and yes please let us fight it out for the prize not just buy them with our tokens...

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 14:54

please revamp the arena so everyone can get involved again and yes please let us fight it out for the prize not just buy them with our tokens...

The main reason the Arena Tokens were introduced was due to some of the arenas not filling up due to the item no longer being desirable. If we re-added items as rewards what would prevent the same issue from re-occurring?

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:20

The main reason the Arena Tokens were introduced was due to some of the arenas not filling up due to the item no longer being desirable. If we re-added items as rewards what would prevent the same issue from re-occurring?

You offer tokens for placing and the item reward for winning. Simple, that was the original idea that was butchered.

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:23

You offer tokens for placing and the item reward for winning. Simple, that was the original idea that was butchered.

I don't see how that solves the issue?

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:24

I don't see how that solves the issue?

Well it won't solve the issue anymore since the markets flooded from tokens already. It was meant to be implemented so tokens were secondary prizes. At least that's what shindrak proposed which you modeled the arena system after. I guess you can add in a few upgraded tier potions/resources maybe and offer tokens for placing. Make it so these upgraded arena rewards can only be obtained from winning. Therefore they wont flood into the game and will retain value.

Edited by EpicPiety, 20 August 2015 - 15:26.

#16 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:26

Well it won't solve the issue anymore since the markets flooded from tokens already. It was meant to be implemented like this so tokens were secondary prizes. 

I mean the issue before was that some arenas would stagnate due to having an item that no-one wanted. I'm saying that if we re-add items what would prevent this from just happening again. The rewards obtainable from the Arena Tokens are are a separate issue that we also need to look at.

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:28

I mean the issue before was that some arenas would stagnate due to having an item that no-one wanted. I'm saying that if we re-add items what would prevent this from just happening again. The rewards obtainable from the Arena Tokens are are a separate issue that we also need to look at.

I'd say maybe start looking at raising the # of guild members allowed to join arena. The game isn't as big as it used to be. Everyone has consolidated into a select few guilds. Meaning this restriction on amount allowed to join per guild is very taxing now. That would really increase arena activity. I know a lot of people in my guild choose not to play so other mates can play. Arena is really a solo aspect and not a guild aspect i don't see the need to restrict by # of guild members.

Edited by EpicPiety, 20 August 2015 - 15:30.

#18 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:37

I'd say maybe start looking at raising the # of guild members allowed to join arena. The game isn't as big as it used to be. Everyone has consolidated into a select few guilds. Meaning this restriction on amount allowed to join per guild is very taxing now. That would really increase arena activity. I know a lot of people in my guild choose not to play so other mates can play. Arena is really a solo aspect and not a guild aspect i don't see the need to restrict by # of guild members.

Very true, I don't even look at the arena anymore because of this. When 2% of our guild is allowed to participate (2 people per tourney) it is unlikely that I will be able to play much if at all.

Don't make it unlimited, but increase the limit to 50% and you will see the arena fill faster. (4 or 8 people total)

#19 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:41

Very true, I don't even look at the arena anymore because of this. When 2% of our guild is allowed to participate (2 people per tourney) it is unlikely that I will be able to play much if at all.

Don't make it unlimited, but increase the limit to 50% and you will see the arena fill faster. (4 or 8 people total)

It's currently 25%, but we could look at raising it to 50% :)

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 15:44

It's currently 25%, but we could look at raising it to 50% :)

That would do great things for activity :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: