Photo

Fallen Sword App Feedback (v0.1)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Fallen Sword App (39 member(s) have cast votes)

What are your initial thoughts on the Fallen Sword App

1. Awesome (18 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. Very Good (4 votes [10.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

3. Good (10 votes [25.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.64%

4. Average (2 votes [5.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

5. Poor (4 votes [10.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

6. :( (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 15:51

This thread is for feedback on v0.1 of the Fallen Sword App Beta. If you're don't currently have the app and are interested in testing it out before the official launch, click here for more info!

When providing feedback, please try to include as much info as possible :)

#2 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:09

Once you get into the premium shop you kinda get stuck there as the back button don't work. Will the quick gear change also be on the profile page?

#3 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:19

I can't seem to login. I keep getting a "you have lost connection to the game server" pop up once i type in my email and password then press login

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#4 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:23

Once you get into the premium shop you kinda get stuck there as the back button don't work. Will the quick gear change also be on the profile page?

Ah that should actually have been disabled! Just ignore it for now :)

Yeah we'll be adding combat sets to the profile too.

#5 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:28

Im very excited to test this with you guys, im using the android app.

im currently in the Collosseum of Gurgris and can't leave or interact with mechants, is any one else having problems navigating from one map to another? 

Edited by Glaucous, 23 March 2017 - 17:30.

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:29

Im very excited to test this with you guys, im using the android app.

im currently in the Collosseum of Gurgris and can't leave or interact with mechants, is any one else having problems navigating from one map to another?

You can't use shops in it yet, but stairways should work ok. There should be a button to the top left of the d-pad when your character is on a stairway to move through it?

#7 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:32

I have been walking a few different maps with no trouble. I could not get shops to open but world to world was working. Once over the icon there will be a square with a arrow in it tap the to move on to the next relm.

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:33

I have been walking a few different maps with no trouble. I could not get shops to open but world to world was working. Once over the icon there will be a square with a arrow in it tap the to move on to the next relm.

Aye the shop button appears but won't do anything (yet!) :D

#9 Dantalian

Dantalian

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:39

Love the layout. Looks great and interface is also amazing. Cant wait to play a lot more from my Iphone 6 Plus. (5,5" lovely) :-) keep up the good work!

Dan

#10 TRBLmaker

TRBLmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:42

Me Like it  :P you can login to the App without being booted from laptop

x4gK4aR.png

#11 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:48

My feedback points are going to very objective and less comparative to the website.

After login you land on world,

Its clear that :

• You are looking at a map and there is a character in the middle and you can use the Dpad to move
  • There is a menu on the top 
  • Information about me on top left

Some what clear( depends how much user has experince with other games):

• Gold and FSP are in the top right 

Not clear/ intuitive:

• The Icons above the white bar are creatures on that tile.
  • That you can endlessly press the sword for some action but which wont happen till you select the creature
  • How the combat happens since you just see the result. The button for combat log is very hard to click ( Iphone 7 Plus) and you don't know what its for until you discover.
  • That there is a concept of stamina, it should be middle top for players to understand moving consumes stam etc.

Combat log menu is good. Simple and informative. Lacks combat feeling since when you press view, everything is a list.

Profile menu:

• Everything has a title or label so pretty easy to undersand what is what.
  • The right side doesnt feel right at all, if i could suggest keep the name level guild etc on the left but switch the right and left side. So that medals and general stats and bio are on the left. 
  • Being able to click on helm and seeing my other helm options is very nice and something I was gonna add to this list but discovered trying to check for hovers.
  • Back pack tab is good, I like the way it functions/ is organized.
  • There is no [X] button but at the same time people will click outside the box to exit eventually and then they will with the rest of the menus too, it was pretty intuitve since most games work that way and I didn't check for a exit button so can't comment on that.

Settings wheel/Menu feels like its just a temporary thing so w/e.

General usage:

• Closing the app and opening again was quick.
  • Moving on the map feels slow but not due to lag.
  • Moving the map and zooming is working well.
  • Since it is already quick combat, can there be an option to multi select creatures.

Edited by SiddXIV, 23 March 2017 - 17:53.

#12 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:54

You can't use shops in it yet, but stairways should work ok. There should be a button to the top left of the d-pad when your character is on a stairway to move through it?

Heres a screen shot what what im experiencing. i dont see a button that i can use to travel out of the colsseum with. Attached File  Copy of Screenshot (Mar 23, 2017 11-31-16 AM).pdf   855.86KB   203 downloads

#13 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:56

Heres a screen shot what what im experiencing. i dont see a button that i can use to travel out of the colsseum with. attachicon.gifCopy of Screenshot (Mar 23, 2017 11-31-16 AM).pdf

Oh weird - its like the realm size isn't correct. If you move out of there on the browser then reload the app it should fix it temporarily :)

#14 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 17:59

Oh weird - its like the realm size isn't correct. If you move out of there on the browser then reload the app it should fix it temporarily :)

Thats the plan i just wanted to bring it up incase you have similar issiues on other ladders  :)

#15 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 18:00

Thats the plan i just wanted to bring it up incase you have similar issiues on other ladders  :)

Appreciate it!

#16 Glaucous

Glaucous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 18:11

Now that im out in the real world,

1. The attack feature is easy to use just select your target from the scrolling list and use the sword icon to initiate combat, (it should automaticly select the first creature on the list for you though, a single kill is a two click process right now)

2. Combat log is working perfectly.

3.Movement is seemless can seem a bit slow but its not bad i apreciate the diagnal movement. 

4. The only annoyance i have is only having vertical movement of the map there is no horizonatal movement wheather zoomed out or in you can only move the map up and down. id like to be able to zoom in and out and move the map along horizontal lines aswell

5. from ap to site movement is recorded with a simple refresh of the site but with site to app a full shut down of the app is required. is there a way to get a map refresh feature on the app? 

6. backpack is running smooth the sort feature is awesome! ( all i can do is drop items at this point)

7. Charecter tab doesnt work 

Good job guys! 

Edited by Glaucous, 23 March 2017 - 18:34.

#17 Chooma123

Chooma123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 18:21

are we allowed to create a seperate account for the phone app? If I recall correctly (might be wrong) the app and browser game was going to be seperate

#18 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2017 - 18:23

are we allowed to create a seperate account for the phone app? If I recall correctly (might be wrong) the app and browser game was going to be seperate

No sorry - the option is actually disabled right now anyway :)

#19 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 18:34

Hi. So far the app seems to work well. It was easy to download via the email link. All of the main features and functions seem quite Intuitive and work well. I maneuvered through the backpack and like some of the different features like looking at all weapons, helmets, rings etc. I'm assuming later on when the app is finished there will be equipment information when we click on something. I really like what I see so far.

It was easy to figure out how to move around the map. Will one of the eventual features be to simply click a point on the map and the character icon will go there? That would be good. Love what I've seen. BTW I'm using the app on my tablet with 9.7 inch screen and 4:3 aspect ratio.

The combat logs work too. That was a nice feature. Will keep checking back with each new addition.

Edited by DaleJunior, 23 March 2017 - 18:35.

#20 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 23 March 2017 - 19:20

Multi-round combats are displaying incorrectly through the app. Screenshot_20170323-133736.png  

4.5" screen, text is appearing very small for me. I cant read the XP values on the XP bar at the top left. Other small text elements appear blurry (eg: Stamina and Level, biography).  It feels like like the app has been designed for tablets only at this point.

I would like to see the option to play in both portrait and landscape modes, if it wasn't already on the to-do list.

Looking forward to future updates!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: