#181 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:23

Oh, the target needed to at least double what it was and the baseline prizes halved I think. But this is the first of it's kind and I honestly was not sure what the uptake would be. You guys and gals blew me away with the response.

#182 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 13:01

I'm not disagreeing with you but why the doom and gloom? HCS recognizes the prize was too high and said they plan to adjust. When we were wee players, we didn't get to do anything with our junk. I agree the prize was too high but to be disgusted by this to consider quitting? Really? You can still sell the junk albeit for a lot smaller profit. Anyway, I hope my scenario "get out of jail free" card comes through. Then it's a win-win-win

well i kind of said i would speak up and when doing so you need to impress points and sometimes that can seem doom and gloom for this particular circumstance/topic, a big percent of players wont ever come to the forums, especially when they are unhappy, like you said though grim has noted it and said he will scale back so heres to a bright future .... hopefully :P

#183 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 15:42

Oh, the target needed to at least double what it was and the baseline prizes halved I think. But this is the first of it's kind and I honestly was not sure what the uptake would be. You guys and gals blew me away with the response.

If you had decided that the rewards were too great before the event actually ended, you could have just decided not to give out 6 chests instead of 3. 3 was all that anyone expected anyway (except a 4th for those in the top 100).

#184 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:37

If you had decided that the rewards were too great before the event actually ended, you could have just decided not to give out 6 chests instead of 3. 3 was all that anyone expected anyway (except a 4th for those in the top 100).

+1

I even saw BigGrim was wise enough to turn down someone asking for an additional tile (call Diamond tile?) for exceeding ruby tile so much in Global Chat during final 5 hours of event.

Really lost me why HCS decided to double the Stashes when handled out rewards after the event.

#185 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 March 2014 - 15:14

I think for future Globals, the Frag Stashes should only come from drops & the reward(s) for participating be more traditional in nature. Perhaps chests including combinations of AM, Cons, FI & LF that can be used for farming frags to sell, for personal use or in future Globals. Just my 2. Have at it...  tongue.png

#186 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:54

I think for future Globals, the Frag Stashes should only come from drops & the reward(s) for participating be more traditional in nature. Perhaps chests including combinations of AM, Cons, FI & LF that can be used for farming frags to sell, for personal use or in future Globals. Just my 2. Have at it...  tongue.png

Nope. The point of the frag stashes are so that there does not need to be new excessive potions created for each Global Event.

#187 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:11

Nope. The point of the frag stashes are so that there does not need to be new excessive potions created for each Global Event.

Fair enough...  :D 

#188 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 March 2014 - 13:36

just throwing this out there.....I've gone thru roughly 5k common frags since the ending of the frag stash event.....I really dont think the amount of frags given is too far off,.....a few more weeks and ill be back to buying/farming common frags....

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#189 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 March 2014 - 15:03

just throwing this out there.....I've gone thru roughly 5k common frags since the ending of the frag stash event.....I really dont think the amount of frags given is too far off,.....a few more weeks and ill be back to buying/farming common frags....

+1  ... the answer is just keep composing, and the "situation" will settle out. 

I wish I knew what this magical, mythical number is, where too little of something is bad, and too much of something is bad.  It seems that number is impossible to reach.

#190 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 16:19

I'd humbly suggest the problem is "a few more weeks". That is an eternity for anyone who was making some dots from frag hunting. We got what, 16,200 common frags from the reward alone, excluding wraith drops.

I have got through under a thousand commons. I'm good for the rest of the year at my rate of use. But I never would have been employing frag hunters anyway.

Too much or too little - the experiment will continue with the next global. No doubt there will be a wailing chorus that the rewards have been cut back too far, no matter what BG decides.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#191 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 17:07

agree with this 100% i looked at yuuzhans #'s originally and thought that 5 was a bit excessive. but 1 is a good idea imho. but i also REALLY like Evilbry's idea. it is a GREAT way to sink the massive amount of frags we just received AND help players who want to compose but dont have the time to be on 24/7

Exactly!!! sink more frags and run more events!!!! would be a great thing. I thought the last frag event was amazing. but as stated. at my current rate and making 20 xp potions i would have enough frags to last me for months and months...probably even a year

i can agree with this.....we need to remove frags at a FAST rate and this would be the best way....

im just tossing ideas how to try and help make a double xp event more fruitful... We do NEED to sink a lot of the frags from most recent event. even if they only did an xp weekend that cost 4-5x normal frag cost @ 50% reduced brewing time....that would be a fair compromise....allows those who like you said...have pushed through the levels over the past months AND those who want to increase composing level....without hurting anyone or their feelings....

Forgive me, but I'm a little confused... So do we have too much or too little? What a difference a week makes.

#192 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 March 2014 - 20:58

People are complaining we got too many frags, it decreases the need for legendary and crystalline events, etc. So, what if the reward chests for these events are just a big chest of commons (since that's what is mostly needed, because most of us are still just leveling our composing and not really using anything other than a ton of commons), and then the small chests the Global creature drops has the rare, unique, legendary, crystalline, and super elite frags, similar to the way this one did with the commons. So you could get a chest drop that has for example, 5 Legendary frags in it.

#193 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 21:45

common only frag chests decrease the ability to profit from farming commons.. that just takes away another profit making venture for players.. it's too easy to farm your own or have others farm them for you to have them handed out so easily with the cost of 3,500 or less stamina.. 

i'm against ALL types of frags rewarded in chests after seeing how the last Global Quest played out.. HCS needs to use other aspects of the game to bring forth new global quests and award them properly.. for example: PvP, GvG, Titans, Super Elites, Elites, items broken down into fragments, etc.. 

PvP: XP lost, Gold stolen (with XP lost involved), PvP rating transferred, etc > award PvP tokens/prestige (prestige needs to be revamped to allow the amount of prestige to be used separately or all together for longer duration or the shortest duration and have prestige left over) .. the additional tokens given will be better put to use if HCS brought potions rewards to the table like discussed in the past years

Titans, Super Elites, Elites, Champions: Kills or Drops > Reward tokens to spend on specific drops - epics excluded.. for example you can pick the golden cock to use your tokens to get the drop buyt it will be random.. or Frags or potions that are good for killing the type of creature (Titans = AM, CONSERVE, RECKONING, LIGHT FOOT, ADVENT GAZE, VISION.. SE = SES, FIND ITEM, etc.....)

i just don't think an all around frag chest global quest is good for the overall game.. it's a lazy, uncreative implementation to the desire for global quests to occur more often..

#194 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:18

People are complaining we got too many frags, it decreases the need for legendary and crystalline events, etc. So, what if the reward chests for these events are just a big chest of commons (since that's what is mostly needed, because most of us are still just leveling our composing and not really using anything other than a ton of commons), and then the small chests the Global creature drops has the rare, unique, legendary, crystalline, and super elite frags, similar to the way this one did with the commons. So you could get a chest drop that has for example, 5 Legendary frags in it.

I was thinking of having a choice to pick 1 of fragment types (like we do for potions from the standard global award containers) -IF there are going to be more fragments global events. I have said in the other post SE fragment was the type that attracted me (as other types I can kill the creature that drop them easy) while other players who want to Lvl up composing fast would prefer Common fragments, as this type is consume most.

Edit: Moved different subject to new post

Edited by andyvince, 17 March 2014 - 08:22.

#195 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:51

blah blah blah troll troll troll

yes yes amazing how you can comment on EVERY post i make with something negative. you are right i did complain we have too many frags AND if you stick to just 20-30xp pots strictly for leveling composing you have MORE than enough to last a stupid long time. BUT if you're actually making some useful potions for guildmates and yourself and you have a decent duration on them you can burn 300-400 commons per potion...vs the 6-24 commons.

instead of trolling my posts why not try posting a useful compromise?

Edited by DomCorvis, 16 March 2014 - 09:58.

#196 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 13:55

yes yes amazing how you can comment on EVERY post i make with something negative. you are right i did complain we have too many frags AND if you stick to just 20-30xp pots strictly for leveling composing you have MORE than enough to last a stupid long time. BUT if you're actually making some useful potions for guildmates and yourself and you have a decent duration on them you can burn 300-400 commons per potion...vs the 6-24 commons.

instead of trolling my posts why not try posting a useful compromise?

I was honestly confused, you stood on both sides of the argument.

Why are you making 300-400 frag potions for guildmates? Didn't just about everyone get a frag stash? A week or 2 ago you were lvl 5 composing. I imagine there are other composers in the guild?

Regardless, your (latest) idea would personally benefit me but I (most of the time) like to look at the games big picture. I think the idea of flooding the game with frags is a very bad idea. Read some of the eloquent posts from belaric and others. I have stopped buying frags, cutting off relationships with other players and an income stream for them.

Sorry but I do have to beat down bad ideas. I also have to understand your motivation as you kept standing on both sides of the fence. Read back through your own posts. Usually I can't remember a poster (except Belaric and egami since they both write novels) but your main theme seems to be leveling as quickly as possible. Since you gave up on getting more xp, now your advocating for more frags (so you can keep making high level xp pots) thus leveling as quickly as possible.

If you were advocating for change for the greater good then I would fully support you. If you are advocating for something to accomplish a self serving agenda that ends up hurting others, look for push back from me :)

#197 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2014 - 15:00

I was honestly confused, you stood on both sides of the argument.

Why are you making 300-400 frag potions for guildmates? Didn't just about everyone get a frag stash? A week or 2 ago you were lvl 5 composing. I imagine there are other composers in the guild?

Regardless, your (latest) idea would personally benefit me but I (most of the time) like to look at the games big picture. I think the idea of flooding the game with frags is a very bad idea. Read some of the eloquent posts from belaric and others. I have stopped buying frags, cutting off relationships with other players and an income stream for them.

Sorry but I do have to beat down bad ideas. I also have to understand your motivation as you kept standing on both sides of the fence. Read back through your own posts. Usually I can't remember a poster (except Belaric and egami since they both write novels) but your main theme seems to be leveling as quickly as possible. Since you gave up on getting more xp, now your advocating for more frags (so you can keep making high level xp pots) thus leveling as quickly as possible.

If you were advocating for change for the greater good then I would fully support you. If you are advocating for something to accomplish a self serving agenda that ends up hurting others, look for push back from me :)

actually making higher level potions has cost me about 30 xp a day....on average making 20 xp potions while composing potions 24/7 literally I would make 280xp-300xp i am currently making 3 70 xp potions +2 20xp potions. =250xp. so its actually slowed me down AND cost me frags....

As far as me switching sides. Yes i did change my mind. hence why i posted...I could've simply kept it to myself, but instead i changed my mind and was willing to admit it. It seems you've never changed your mind on something.

And as far as other composers in our guild? yes there are. But does that mean I shouldnt compose potions for them? I am higher level composing than all but 2 of them. (and thats saying something considering i will make lvl 6 tomorrow some time).

Has this event reduced some income from frag farmers...yes....Did it actually completely bypass the original need for composing(to remove unused gear from the game) yes....Did it harm the game? I don't know honestly. It's helped me and my guild mates actually start to work towards higher composing levels. I've even started a composing leveling contest amongst ourselves. It's given us a reason to keep leveling. I am sorry that we dont see eye to eye on this. (also sorry for a bit of a personal attack....was about 5 am here and was getting ready for work without my coffee).

I didnt say in my last post that the # of frags given was spot on. However i did say it was close. like others had said before me and i'll say it now remove a 0 from the end of em. OR not give out bonus boxes. That would give a lot less frags while still giving a good week or two of actual composing and not just creating potions to be thrown away. Having an event like this 2-3x a year would not harm the game that bad. As i said in my last post. I'll be back to farming/buying common frags within a few weeks. Im sure others will also.

For those looking to purely level composing and making 20 xp potions to be thrown away @ 6 frags a potion YES YES YES these frag stashs will last forever. for those who make ACTUAL potions they get burnt thru very quickly.

ALSO-my latest idea of being able to pay off amounts of time instead of holding HUGE amounts of gold to instant finish doesnt just benefit me it would benefit everybody. It actually hurts my gold hitting. But think of it this way. Something sells in your AH for gold....You dont have fsp, you want to instant finish but dont have enough gold to finish currently...so you sit there...OR you can pay 20% of the time off for 20% of the gold....gold sink and helps composing...the price still increases with each use and nobody is harmed except gold hitters looking for those paydays

*edit-yet again though. How about offering a different option or idea instead of just shooting someone's down? a lot of good ideas were given and as I am sure has happened BigGrim has watched those ideas and is watching how composing is working currently before deciding. I'll admit i jumped the gun a little. But was man enough to admit my mistake but am still offering ideas to improve the game

Edited by DomCorvis, 16 March 2014 - 15:06.

#198 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 16:31

One way to burn off the higher-rarity frags is to allow players to downgrade frags at a 1:1 ratio. If you're in desperate need of commons, you could downgrade some of those SE frags you'll never use.

#199 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:40

actually making higher level potions has cost me about 30 xp a day....on average making 20 xp potions while composing potions 24/7 literally I would make 280xp-300xp i am currently making 3 70 xp potions +2 20xp potions. =250xp. so its actually slowed me down AND cost me frags....

As far as me switching sides. Yes i did change my mind. hence why i posted...I could've simply kept it to myself, but instead i changed my mind and was willing to admit it. It seems you've never changed your mind on something.

And as far as other composers in our guild? yes there are. But does that mean I shouldnt compose potions for them? I am higher level composing than all but 2 of them. (and thats saying something considering i will make lvl 6 tomorrow some time).

Has this event reduced some income from frag farmers...yes....Did it actually completely bypass the original need for composing(to remove unused gear from the game) yes....Did it harm the game? I don't know honestly. It's helped me and my guild mates actually start to work towards higher composing levels. I've even started a composing leveling contest amongst ourselves. It's given us a reason to keep leveling. I am sorry that we dont see eye to eye on this. (also sorry for a bit of a personal attack....was about 5 am here and was getting ready for work without my coffee).

I didnt say in my last post that the # of frags given was spot on. However i did say it was close. like others had said before me and i'll say it now remove a 0 from the end of em. OR not give out bonus boxes. That would give a lot less frags while still giving a good week or two of actual composing and not just creating potions to be thrown away. Having an event like this 2-3x a year would not harm the game that bad. As i said in my last post. I'll be back to farming/buying common frags within a few weeks. Im sure others will also.

For those looking to purely level composing and making 20 xp potions to be thrown away @ 6 frags a potion YES YES YES these frag stashs will last forever. for those who make ACTUAL potions they get burnt thru very quickly.

ALSO-my latest idea of being able to pay off amounts of time instead of holding HUGE amounts of gold to instant finish doesnt just benefit me it would benefit everybody. It actually hurts my gold hitting. But think of it this way. Something sells in your AH for gold....You dont have fsp, you want to instant finish but dont have enough gold to finish currently...so you sit there...OR you can pay 20% of the time off for 20% of the gold....gold sink and helps composing...the price still increases with each use and nobody is harmed except gold hitters looking for those paydays

*edit-yet again though. How about offering a different option or idea instead of just shooting someone's down? a lot of good ideas were given and as I am sure has happened BigGrim has watched those ideas and is watching how composing is working currently before deciding. I'll admit i jumped the gun a little. But was man enough to admit my mistake but am still offering ideas to improve the game

Any idea to improve the game I am all for. I used to be just a lurker but after one very especially terrible idea was implemented (that made me quit), I make it a point to chime in.

Let's take a few steps back... you mentioned early on in one of your posts that you don't think the game will last another 1 or 2 years. I don't believe that myself but I am wary of the population and would like to see it increase. I would love to see this game continue and if possible, even flourish. I think that should be our highest priority and where HCS should focus their resources.

Now, to your point about composing... is this going to make a player quit if HCS doesn't offer thousands of shards? probably not... Are there other ideas that may help? Yes absolutely... Do you think composing should be on the top of that list? As I've mentioned numerous times, let's give other areas of Fallensword some love. There's an awesome idea for quarterly gvg reset and possibly a quarter end tournament (my idea - although not feasible - i bash my own ideas too). Arena has been stale for a long time. PVP players are not feeling any love and I've advocated for someone else's idea of a pillow fight pvp event (although hardcore pvp'rs dislike the idea). We also have the development roadmap. If it were up to me, I would prioritize as follows:

1. Mentoring - implementing the mentoring will motivate a lot of our existing players into helping out new players. Anything to help new players is a good thing. Unfortunately, easily exploitable like our newest medals but this would go a long way for adding players into the ranks.

2. Mentoring chat - Someone else's idea but allow players marked as mentors to see when new players are online much like how the guild's online members work. This way they can see each other and help new players.

3. GVG protection for new players (14 days - 30 days). I see absolutely no reason why farming of new players for cheap gvg RP's is acceptable.

4. Targeted advertising... by now, HCS probably has good demographic information for their most loyal and active players... target them...

Your ideas in this thread would aid me greatly as I am a composing addict but in the big picture of things, it would be extremely selfish to request changes for my own selfish reasons and not for the greater good of the game. Why spend resources for the "handful" unless that handful results in tons of new players and activity... in the cases of your idea, I see none of that.

I'm glad you revised your post... I was going to comment whether "real men" call people names and only admit to a mistake when they are called out on it. Also, what if I was a girl?

Anyway, keep the ideas coming but know that I will point out weaknesses for the sake of the greater good of the game. Dont' worry though... I've done this for years and HCS pretty much ignores most of my suggestions :)

#200 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:23

The idea is very much to get more players to try composing. This gives them the tools to do so.

While players are less stingy to use up what fragments they have now, most like me probably can’t start to use (or need if only just for Exp gain) the LE/Cryst/SE fragments that are oversupplied. There is also the willingness of players to use their gold for composing to consider –cost less gold to get the equal or better skills (old ways) than compose the pot for those skills...

I’m not 100% against fragment reward instead of excessive potions, as fragments do not take up BP slots. I still have 5 of those super potions from previous Global quests taken up my BP slots and 2 more in my Item Mail Box…I understand why fragments rewards was added (Global and Treasure chest) But oversupply is the problem.

By the way Big Grim, I believe 1 of ‘Gargantuan Mosquito Global Event’ containers from in my Item Mail Box was given by mistake. http://forums.hunted...ic=63030&page=3 You said you going to look into it.

http://forums.hunted...ic=63030&page=4 But I have not heard anything from you since then. The stashes would expire in my Item Mail Box soon

I rather not bump that topic to top….

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: