• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 stella89

stella89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 13:19

Eldevin client not working properly. Can't see news, start button, or even the patching up of client the entire client is white and flashing like its trying to work but can't.

This all started when the new patch was given on the 10th October. My client was working fine till then. Now it does not work. And using ingame browser is just laggy.

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2014 - 14:45

You probably already tried but if not, try full uninstall and fresh install of the client, maybe it will fix it.  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 stella89

stella89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 15:39

You probably already tried but if not, try full uninstall and fresh install of the client, maybe it will fix it.  :)

thank you i have tried everything including what you mentioned but maybe ill try again thanks again. :)

#4 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 October 2014 - 17:56

Client is broken for some people (me included) Devs said it would be fixed next week.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#5 stella89

stella89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:45

Client is broken for some people (me included) Devs said it would be fixed next week.

Thank you for the reply much appreciated glad it will be fixed next week. ^__^

#6 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:58

It would help to know the operating system and your graphics card, so we can pinpoint the problem.

#7 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2014 - 13:54

Windows Vista Home Premium, NVIDIA GeForce 9200

more info here

http://forums.hunted...80-game-screen/

Edited by Kezza, 13 October 2014 - 13:55.

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#8 stella89

stella89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 13:06

the Graphic card  used is:

256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO

according to this before even the patch was out the client worked fine for me but as you can see it is not just me with this problem. it occured recently with the new patch given to other players as well. And i don't see why is not fixed yet because the browser is just laggy to barely do anything.

Attached Thumbnails

• Eldevin client not working.jpg

Edited by stella89, 14 October 2014 - 13:14.

#9 stella89

stella89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 13:09

the Graphic card i use is:

256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO

according to this before even the patch was out the client worked fine for me but as you can see it is not just me with this problem. it occured recently with the new patch given to other players as well. And i don't see why is not fixed yet because the browser is just laggy to barely do anything.

please look at attached thumbnail thanks

Edited by stella89, 14 October 2014 - 13:11.

#10 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 17:20

We're aware of these issues using ATI cards, all the non-power of two textures get scrambled atm.

We're working on getting the software fallback to work again, so people could still play.

#11 stella89

stella89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 20:05

We're aware of these issues using ATI cards, all the non-power of two textures get scrambled atm.

We're working on getting the software fallback to work again, so people could still play.

Thank you for getting back can't wait for it to be fixed really want to use client since browser is laggy thanks :)

#12 Tamrath

Tamrath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:30

I have a totally different problem. The client worked fine up to yesteray evening. But as of this moment the client starts but after the message "unpacking core" was displayed the window is totally black and stays that way. Java is started and some CPU usage and memory usage can be seen after the screen goes black. But the activity is minimal and the memory use stays constant at 116.9 - 117.0 MB .

Operating system: Windows 8.1

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 740M

As far as I'm aware no updates were installed on my computer. Also disabled real-time visus checking, with no result.

Also uninstalled and reinstalled Eldevin, once again the client will not load as far as i can see beyond unpacking of the core files. I can however still play in the Browser. That works fine.

#13 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:59

Windows Vista Home Premium, NVIDIA GeForce 9200

more info here

http://forums.hunted...80-game-screen/

we seem to have the same set up, though my pc is 5yrs old now but I replaced the gcard few years back with G9200.  

I had some lag other day and using the client 99% -100% of the time since it came out with mostly no issue so can't say it's the client though other day my net seem to dc only when I was in game and was at ta. 

probably  unrelated but I switched to browser for a bit and that didn't happen.   

overall the client seems about the same to me as the browser on any issues that crop up from time to time.    

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#14 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:40

15th oct .. back after 2 days due to internet issue and client and browser wont finish loading libraries .... what do i do ?

#15 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:55

ok it started working .. thanks if u did anything

#16 stella89

stella89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 13:29

Well unlike my issue i can't play on browser because the lagg,..... if i happen to be killing 2 mobs at same time is hard to heal with my prophet and moving around seems sticky enough to feel like chewing gum. Glad yours is fixed with that unknown problem. Hope my client will be fixed for does with ATI Radeon  Graphic card cause i love this game :)

#17 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2014 - 13:54

No news on the fix for this yet?

#18 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2014 - 17:43

No news on the fix for this yet?

We should have a patch tomorrow.

#19 stella89

stella89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 18:03

Thank you happy now that the client fully working appreciated :)))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: