Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2017 - 13:20

Hi there everyone!

Tiered Writhing Wards!

Rumours abound in the Realms. New recipes for upgraded, "tiered" Writhing Wards are being whispered about in taverns across the land. They appear to be found in the same shop as the Tiered Inferno Hammers!

All auctions for items used in the creation of Writhing Wards have been cancelled and returned to their owning players!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 13:28

nice now we just need the criiters to make the parts lol

#3 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 14:33

@ Anyone who has bought the recipes and wishes to share.

What does the highest tier available have as stamina gain? I am guessing it's +5.

#4 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 14:59

yeah its +5 stam gain

#5 DrSerigala

DrSerigala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 15:05

Its +5 and +4

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 17:34

Hope the community understands how annoying these are to make. Price won't be low. Don't expect to pay really low.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 August 2017 - 20:08

Hope the community understands how annoying these are to make. Price won't be low. Don't expect to pay really low.

When this little shield came out it was all the rage, and very expensive.  I remember it having about a 75% fail rate (this may be an exaggeration).  Makes sense that the upgrade should be a bugger to make.

In any case, thanks cow gods, for making it important again  :wub: 

Edited by BadPenny, 10 August 2017 - 20:08.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 20:11

When this little shield came out it was all the rage, and very expensive.  I remember it having about a 75% fail rate (this may be an exaggeration).  Makes sense that the upgrade should be a bugger to make.

Well the fail rate for sure does play a big roll but the sheer number of LE's required to make it is insane :P.

#9 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 21:28

Wow

#10 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 21:59

lol remember stick and his epic fails he must made hundreds trying to not get a fail it has a 40% invent rate so it does suck when inventing

#11 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 23:08

Lol Remember flunky paying 3600 for a ward way back ...

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 23:18

Nothing now a days will ever come close to that it's sad. 

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:02

lol remember stick and his epic fails he must made hundreds trying to not get a fail it has a 40% invent rate so it does suck when inventing

And TDA had the same luck with the inferno hammer. LOL

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:36

Nothing now a days will ever come close to that it's sad. 

Nor should it - those prices were price-gouging at their worst ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:23

not really fsp flowed like wine back then you could actually do the offers and earn decent fsp and stuff was a lot harder to obtain so held its value

#16 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:53

not really fsp flowed like wine back then you could actually do the offers and earn decent fsp and stuff was a lot harder to obtain so held its value

SOME could do the offers , not all ;) - the offers were geographic, so USA (and to an extent, the UK) benefited greatly whilst others got nothing.

That said tho, NO items in-game are, or ever were, worth the donation equivalent of $350+

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#17 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:57

SOME could do the offers , not all ;) - the offers were geographic, so USA (and to an extent, the UK) benefited greatly whilst others got nothing.

That said tho, NO items in-game are, or ever were, worth the donation equivalent of $350+

Not quite true as others could do your offers for you way back so anyone in any country benefitted hence they flowed like wine ...but your right when your paying then the cost of a virtual item shouldnt be the cost of food for a month but we best not travel down that road

#18 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:54

Great update. Was hoping this would happen. However, could you change the image for them? The red dots look really ugly on it.

lYKJQx5.png

Need an avi or signature? Check out my shop: https://tinyurl.com/ydev3o2c

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 18:03

Prices being that high signify a healthy game. Also signifies a happy HCS because there was a huge huge huge surplus of fsps in the game.

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2017 - 18:18

Prices being that high signify a healthy game. Also signifies a happy HCS because there was a huge huge huge surplus of fsps in the game.

We'll agree to disagree eh, about high prices (and, actually, high isn't a sufficient word there - astronomical is a much better one :) )showing a healthy game.

And, actually, about a happy HCS, given, as Hades said, FSP's were flooding into the game via offers. I somehow doubt the income from an offer yielding 400 fsp was the same as a donation "purchase" of 400 fsp ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: