• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 20:40

Combat system is incredibly broken. The attached photos speak for themselves. This isn't acceptable.

5BcRgJO.png

OS2URrB.png

VrxXuXB.png

lYKJQx5.png

Need an avi or signature? Check out my shop: https://tinyurl.com/ydev3o2c

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 July 2018 - 21:01

First strike kicked in, and the "2%" rule, which means you got a bad roll of the dice.   You appear to be overlooking the enhancements here.

It's not broken, just an RNG thing common to  most RPG environments.....

I sincerely hope you reconsider.

You will be missed.

Edited by BadPenny, 26 July 2018 - 21:02.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 26 July 2018 - 21:19

You could have done better. Maybe go full Armor with just a tad bit of Defense to make her miss AND be able to withstand a hit or two. That would have been safer since they had very little to no attack.

There's ways around mechanics here, just have to think a bit outside of the box. No such thing as a guaranteed win my friend.

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 23:48

So quick to quit.. the game needs every player at this point.

As stated already, covering all four stats with a hybrid set and add some HP(fortitude and Severe Condition) to be safe would have prevented the loss shown no matter a first strike with a 2%, the combo happens at a higher rate.

Not as easy as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,r but not that tough either.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:16

Couldn't of stated what lou said any better. Using defense isn't 100% guarenteed in really any situation unless it's accompanied by some hp padding buffs and SC or armor.

#6 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:32

i'm asking permission of the room to suggest:

rage quitting in forum ..... if you come back in less than say, 6 months time 

you are required to return to your topic thread and ask redemption for being a drama queen

#7 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:57

Yes filters are broken

I'm actually getting used to stuff being broken, I guess

But at least we'll have a killer app soon

So you can complain about game problems, but I can't. I see.

the game needs every player at this point.

Yes it does. Maybe when there's 25 people left the admins might think to themselves: "Gee, maybe we should fix the game and listen to player feedback."

First strike kicked in, and the "2%" rule, which means you got a bad roll of the dice.   You appear to be overlooking the enhancements here.

It's not broken, just an RNG thing common to  most RPG environments.....

I sincerely hope you reconsider.

You will be missed.

"2% rule" shouldn't exist. End of story. Why isn't there a 2% for armor? Or attack? Or Damage? Maybe hp too? I see no reason for any stat to be ignored. Also, where is this rule even documented?

lYKJQx5.png

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:09

AmazingSpiffyBee-max-1mb.gif

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:15

The "2%" rule is not stat specific.  It's actually the same for hunting as PvP.  Haven't you ever been buffed to the teeth and lost your kill streak when you shouldn't have?  Heard of somebody at EoC dying to a lvl 25 global critter?   It exists because of the RNG that governs battle in just about any RPG.....   And you still seem to not have noticed that the enhancements of your target got you, not their attribute stats.   FS caused your initial miss, and some other enhancement negated your defense.  Since you had little armor or HP to back up your defense, you got spanked.....   It's happened to us all from time to time, not only in PvP, but in the realms just hunting....

Edited by BadPenny, 27 July 2018 - 03:17.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:23

The "2%" rule is not stat specific.  It's actually the same for hunting as PvP.  Haven't you ever been buffed to the teeth and lost your kill streak when you shouldn't have?  Heard of somebody at EoC dying to a lvl 25 global critter?   It exists because of the RNG that governs battle in just about any RPG.....   And you still seem to not have noticed that the enhancements of your target got you, not their attribute stats.   FS caused your initial miss, and some other enhancement negated your defense.  Since you had little armor or HP to back up your defense, you got spanked.....   

No. I've never lost my kill streak to mobs. Gotten up to 50k plenty of times. Only ever lost it to SE's killing me. Again, no. My Guild's Founder is almost EoC, and his Kill streak is 688,937. He also does top 100 often.

Yes, I realize that my initial miss was due to dodge. That's fine. I don't mind dodge. But what I do care about is when some mystery stat-destroying trigger activates at the same time to kill me. I've played plenty of games. NONE of them do that. Unless an attack says so, stats are never ignored. Again, where is the documentation for the "2% rule"? How do you even know it's 2%?

lYKJQx5.png

#11 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:29

The First Strike enhancement did not kick in on that particular combat however the 2% Miss RNG did! As such there was little if anything you could do during such a combat, although SW and Stun are missing from you buffs and 'could' have forced LD or FS to kick but that's nothing more than theory however you should have them active in case that's how Cow combats work behind the scenes!?

The important aspect of this combat, is as already mentioned, the 2% Miss which makes all Defence sets a wee bit broken to rely on. Is that good or bad, it's certainly challenging and causes us all to pfffft and wanna punch the screen at times but hey that's how we learn! Don't give up, just know how to fight Cow logic with the tools Hoof gave, more often than not it can be done and you will see it working in your favour when you apply the counters.

2% miss can and will catch you out, even those of us with 10 years practice still get stung occasionally but it's not a reason to quit playing something you enjoy playing 98% of the time eh?! ;-)

Edited by DirtyChick, 27 July 2018 - 03:30.

#12 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:33

Your initial miss was not due to the Dodge enhancement, that is clearly stated in the combat dialogue just as First Strike is, IF it occurs and neither did so it is the 2% unwritten rule which unfortunately kicked in.

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:36

DC, that little green squiggly thing is the symbol for FS.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#14 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:41

Oh and the unwritten 2% miss affects Attack and Defence at the same time, otherwise it wouldn't work! Armour sets are faced with Piercing Strike AND Critical Hit which can both kick in at the same time during combat so you need 4x the armour stat to their Damage! Good 'ere in it :D

Edited by DirtyChick, 27 July 2018 - 03:44.

#15 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:50

Lil green squiggly thing means first strike instead of writing it in the combat lol My mistake if that is the case but info is still correct be it a FStrike or plain old 2% Miss, you gotta cover your backside and if it fails learn to take it on the chin and carry on :)

#16 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:22

"2% rule" shouldn't exist. End of story. Why isn't there a 2% for armor? Or attack? Or Damage? Maybe hp too? I see no reason for any stat to be ignored. Also, where is this rule even documented?

You obviously have much to learn about PvP. There have been exactly the same complaints since nearly the games inception. It will not change. Your complaint will not change anything. It's actually just fine the way it is as the posts here attest. It makes sense if you know what you don't know. Good luck learning this lesson. It will definitely help you, not just on this but in your life!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#17 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:47

You obviously have much to learn about PvP. There have been exactly the same complaints since nearly the games inception. It will not change. Your complaint will not change anything. It's actually just fine the way it is as the posts here attest. It makes sense if you know what you don't know. Good luck learning this lesson. It will definitely help you, not just on this but in your life!

k

lYKJQx5.png

#18 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:22

True, the "2%" might not exist at all, could be more like 3,4%...

I once did about 5000 hits and got 3,4% if I remember right.

eFqM9lD.gif

#19 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:35

True, the "2%" might not exist at all, could be more like 3,4%...

I once did about 5000 hits and got 3,4% if I remember right.

wvqJh1F.png

Incidentally I was also outflanked on the combat right before this one. Definitely seems to be more than 2%. Funny how I didn't get hit that time tho. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lYKJQx5.png

#20 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:55

AHM The Evil Dead guild offers great many tips for pvp/gvg and will set you on your road to success!  :D

sigma_468x60.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: