• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:58

Although, I also did about 150-200 GvGs, without a single loss in a combat, so countering the "2%" is not that hard, as been pointed earlier in this thread. Just takes more (and not even that much more) effort than finding a high defense set.

I personally enjoyd PvP/GvG more on those occations when I had to actually think about what I was doing, and not just click-click-click my way through.

Dont do that much anymore though, but thats not becuse of 2%.

AHM The Evil Dead guild offers great many tips for pvp/gvg and will set you on your road to success!  :D

Also this.

eFqM9lD.gif

#22 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:17

Its 6,5% for defense setups and 2% for armor setups. The safest way to attack is to get an armor setup with higher attack and use nmv to convert some of the attack into defense. Also getting stun, shockwave, force shield, last ditch helps reduce loss. However its harder using an armor setup when reinforced armor and shatter armor kicks in - so basically you cant attack people with shatter armor buffs :D Lets be honest, anyone who knows anything about gvg wont use a defense setup as an offensive.

Edited by gapukas, 27 July 2018 - 06:27.

#23 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:16

AHM The Evil Dead guild offers great many tips for pvp/gvg and will set you on your road to success!  :D

I'll come back to the game again and gladly join TED. Just give me 1,500 FSP first and were good to go :D

lYKJQx5.png

Need an avi or signature? Check out my shop: https://tinyurl.com/ydev3o2c

#24 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:39

I once rage quit when I failed to invent 2 epic wards back to back when they cost 350+ FSP ..we all have felt burned ... losing 1 attack is petty .... suck it up buttercup

while you make up your mind ...here is a video of a duck eating pizza ... ENJOY!

I5RJf.gif

#25 Veisti

Veisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:23

Most likely it is not about just this one attack but the over all RNG based maybe-it-might-hit kind of PvP Fallen Sword has. A bit frustrating to lose GvG just because enemy happened to get that free kill with that random roll. 

#26 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:19

I once rage quit when I failed to invent 2 epic wards back to back when they cost 350+ FSP ..we all have felt burned ... losing 1 attack is petty .... suck it up buttercup

while you make up your mind ...here is a video of a duck eating pizza ... ENJOY!

I5RJf.gif

As Veisti said. It's about the game itself. I've been tired of the RNG for a long time. I've made another thread about my issues with deflect as well and how it ruins pvp. Speaking of TED, look at Bleltch, one of the best bounty hunters in game. The advent of lvl 190 deflect made him toss in the towel.

lYKJQx5.png

#27 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 17:08

trivia:

the 2% myth is a carryover from HCS' earlier game Gothador

iZmIPgf.jpg

and the earliest known recorded evidence of "the impossible, 2% chance, hit" is the story of David and Goliath (note that David is wearing stam-gain gear)

david_and_goliath_by_erikbragalyan-d89x0

Edited by duktayp, 27 July 2018 - 17:22.

#28 Veisti

Veisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 17:40

trivia:

What killed him then if not that?

#29 mumble

mumble

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 July 2018 - 17:49

trivia:

iZmIPgf.jpg

and the earliest known recorded evidence of "the impossible, 2% chance, hit" is the story of David and Goliath (note that David is wearing stam-gain gear)

This might be the best post in the forums

TtEOkGO.png

“You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your windows. So that's why I'm scared when you say you love me.”

― Bob Marley

#30 Veisti

Veisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 19:37

Yes that is the true way to PvP! Roll, roll , roll your dice! xD Not.

Attached Thumbnails

• veitsi hits ydur.PNG

#31 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 21:06

this is quite possibly the best post i have ever seen in the history of planet earth lol ( note david is wearing stam -gain gear) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

trivia:

iZmIPgf.jpg

#32 Veisti

Veisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 21:15

What kind of sick pleasure do you get from derailing this quite serious topic? 

#33 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 July 2018 - 21:33

I believe they're trying to illustrate that a PvP loss isn't really something to ragequit over.

I still say I hope the OP will reconsider his decision to quit the game over something that happens to many of us from time to time.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#34 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2018 - 22:10

Yes that is the true way to PvP! Roll, roll , roll your dice! xD Not.

from what I can read, your attack is reduced by fumble, both of you also activate dispel curse so Dark curse isn't reducing defence , both of you then don't have enough attack to hit each other, one person wins by 2% , the only alternative scenario is if it gets to 50hits (I think) then it goes down as Unresolved combat. The 2% has been a part of the game for as long as I can remember, learn to deal with it - or use it to your advantage

Edited by sohail94, 27 July 2018 - 22:11.

#35 Veisti

Veisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 23:13

from what I can read, your attack is reduced by fumble, both of you also activate dispel curse so Dark curse isn't reducing defence , both of you then don't have enough attack to hit each other, one person wins by 2% , the only alternative scenario is if it gets to 50hits (I think) then it goes down as Unresolved combat. The 2% has been a part of the game for as long as I can remember, learn to deal with it - or use it to your advantage

Yes of course. I was running some Lakotas + Deep Sea mix to illustrate what is happening. I had around 6k def + 7k armor. I just rolled it for rng. Now I lead our bracket once again. I think there need to be some clearing by staff about how that "2% rule" works or what is going on.

#36 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 16:01

How many times have we seen complaints from low-level players that they have no chance against a high level player?  Guess what, they do!  The 2% "rule" is fun when it works for you and frustrating when it works against you.  Take the bad with the good and carry on.

Screenshot everything!

#37 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 16:04

2% is so misunderstood.  I've had to explain to people repeatedly it doesn't exist when person making the complaint is in armor....albeit they are not benefiting from a HG kick on high attack build or NmV transfer...but that line of thought goes right out the window in my mind when considering what I'm sorting to begin with - if they don't understand point A, then the latter is likely above their head as well.  In this case I know RsR was in def as illustrated via SS, and what he is experiencing is bad luck in a build absent fail safe.

2% is only 2% in the very first round (each player having turn) of combat - and saves by buffs or misses caused by enhancements that push the combat beyond round 1 grow that % chance to make contact exponentially -so much that turtling is a effective strategy developed by players with solid understanding.  In a full term combat the chance of contact where it shouldn't be possible is actually 75%ish

Also, I don't know the cutoff % but there has to be a decent gap in defense to cover attack for it to be an honest 2% - Rjem tested this years ago and discovered that % chance to hit rises as gap in numbers close.....simplest way to put it is 800 attack has greater chance to hit 1k def then 200 attack yet both would be explained by 2% rule.  

Not doing anything but sharing thoughts here - final thought is Hybrids are where it's at :)

Edited by Ryebred, 28 July 2018 - 17:13.

#38 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:41

2% is so misunderstood.  I've had to explain to people repeatedly it doesn't exist when person making the complaint is in armor....albeit they are not benefiting from a HG kick on high attack build or NmV transfer...but that line of thought goes right out the window in my mind when considering what I'm sorting to begin with - if they don't understand point A, then the latter is likely above their head as well.  In this case I know RsR was in def as illustrated via SS, and what he is experiencing is bad luck in a build absent fail safe.

2% is only 2% in the very first round (each player having turn) of combat - and saves by buffs or misses caused by enhancements that push the combat beyond round 1 grow that % chance to make contact exponentially -so much that turtling is a effective strategy developed by players with solid understanding.  In a full term combat the chance of contact where it shouldn't be possible is actually 75%ish

Also, I don't know the cutoff % but there has to be a decent gap in defense to cover attack for it to be an honest 2% - Rjem tested this years ago and discovered that % chance to hit rises as gap in numbers close.....simplest way to put it is 800 attack has greater chance to hit 1k def then 200 attack yet both would be explained by 2% rule.  

Not doing anything but sharing thoughts here - final thought is Hybrids are where it's at :)

I was using LD, HG and lvl 200 Force Shield. Together provide pretty good fail-safes imo.

Like I posted in my post at the bottom of the first page, this same effect happened, but I wasn't hit. How do you explain that?

As for the def/atk gap. I've noticed this in combat where I will miss 20 times and the finally hit them. This is when my attack is almost equal to their defense. Considering how damage changes from hit to hit. I'm pretty sure it's just the variance roll for stats. They got a low def roll, I got a high attack roll.

And yes, Hybrid setups can be pretty good. However, When you're going against someone with 13k damage and 100% piercing strike, it's not so good anymore, hence why I didn't use it here.

lYKJQx5.png

#39 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:36

I was using LD, HG and lvl 200 Force Shield. Together provide pretty good fail-safes imo.

Like I posted in my post at the bottom of the first page, this same effect happened, but I wasn't hit. How do you explain that?

As for the def/atk gap. I've noticed this in combat where I will miss 20 times and the finally hit them. This is when my attack is almost equal to their defense. Considering how damage changes from hit to hit. I'm pretty sure it's just the variance roll for stats. They got a low def roll, I got a high attack roll.

And yes, Hybrid setups can be pretty good. However, When you're going against someone with 13k damage and 100% piercing strike, it's not so good anymore, hence why I didn't use it here.

Wasn't taking a personal jab at you mate.  Just in def there exist that chance disappointment.  HG and FS are not insurance, they are prayers.  I would go with sev c 40-60.  Chance would still exist, but the added hp would keep you standing more times then less.

#40 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:44

Wasn't taking a personal jab at you mate.  Just in def there exist that chance disappointment.  HG and FS are not insurance, they are prayers.  I would go with sev c 40-60.  Chance would still exist, but the added hp would keep you standing more times then less.

I didn't take it as one. I usually use sev c with anchored/ageless/etc. but no one was selling it atm.

What I was asking is why did one outflank kill me and one did not? This is just another problem im having with mechanics. This stuff is so vague and no explained to players at all.

Edited by Rsrdaman, 29 July 2018 - 06:45.

lYKJQx5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: