16 replies to this topic

#1 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 00:43

I'm in a PvP band that has only my guildmates.. I'm still rewarded without even doing anything..

Please fix!

#2 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:38

Soooo whats new? :P

People have been doing this forever, you just stumbled onto a slight cheat in the game. Why do you think friends/guildmates run in the same ladder all the time? Go ahead and look through the ladders from time to time, and you will understand how much of a joke it is.

#3 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:45

Don't forget to keep yourself buffed!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#4 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:45

I've never been on the ladder by myself or with just guild members so didn't know.. At least you don't get dominance medal ticks

#5 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:50

I've never been on the ladder by myself or with just guild members so didn't know.. At least you don't get dominance medal ticks

Yes you do! With two guildmembers as the only participants it is random who is first and second, but the person in first place does get ticks.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#6 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:02

It's only boring if you don't play.  You both opted in, so hit.  It's not personal, it's a game.  Or am I mistaken, can you not hit your guildmates on the ladder?  

I don't know I've never played the ladder with a guildmate, but if you can - great opportunity to spar with someone you know and just have fun with it.

Edited by BraveKath, 24 June 2014 - 02:14.

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:17

°

Edited by RebornJedi, 24 June 2014 - 02:18.

#8 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:46

It's only boring if you don't play.  You both opted in, so hit.  It's not personal, it's a game.  Or am I mistaken, can you not hit your guildmates on the ladder?  

Sorry dear, you can't attack guildmates, even on the Ladder.

#9 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:42

Sorry dear, you can't attack guildmates, even on the Ladder.

That's extremely unfortunate and seems broken.  As granted there have been many instances of guilds ganging up on one smuck on a ladder and tipping the scales in their favor, and granted a guild could put up a sacrificial lamb.  In the arena you can be squared off against a guildmate (granted limited #'s), so not getting why the same logic didn't apply to the ladder.

Seems solutions previously discussed were:
1) Do away with the ladder and develop another means for the gear from there to be obtained while perhaps allowing the old token way to remain so players can use them up.

2) Disqualify players who don't hit all other targets a certain amount while on the ladder, though that could be problematic as I've gone up against people popping their Epic chest potions -- I'm too frugal with my epic chests for that, but happy to help them use them up and still slide in a win now and then despite it.  ;)

Not sure it's worth HCS' time to re-invent the ladder when most likely folks will find a new cheat.

#10 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:58

How many times *sigh* no to being able to hit your own guild members, this would only remove further any credibility the ladder has due to how it could be abused.I am not going to explain, again, why as it should be blindingly obvious.

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 13:08

Not looking for further solutions to the whole of the PvP ladder.. Just to make a fix to the reward system when no attacks were made during a reset.

#12 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 19:30

Yes you do! With two guildmembers as the only participants it is random who is first and second, but the person in first place does get ticks.

You have just been awarded a Silver Dominance medal!

Not even in first place.. Wow

Let's get this code fixed please

#13 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 21:04

You have just been awarded a Silver Dominance medal!

Not even in first place.. Wow

Let's get this code fixed please

You weren't rewarded for being in second place, you merely didn't see the ticks occur while you were in first place.

And to your earlier comment, why would you ask that they only fix the rewards? They need to fix more than PvP ladder rewards, they need to fix a WHOLE lot more than even a few aspects of the ladder - just look at the roadmap that hasn't been looked at in ages.

I'll let you guys search for all the threads that have been made and ignored on just the ladder. What HCS' devs say they're going to fix, namely make PvP Ladder hits unbountyable, doesn't even need to be touched. This is an attempt to water down PvP again to appease the players that should be GvGing instead. But there's plenty wrong with THAT part of the game as well. It's a never ending downward spiral. They might as well get rid of xp entirely from the whole game!

Zorg now says he's 'taken over' the roadmap from Hoof. Alas, we haven't seen anything from that switchover, not yet.

I'm just watching as they dismantle every good aspect of Fallensword, one slow, miserable piece at a time. Just thinking about it has me depressed. :(

[Signature removed]

#14 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 19:54

Just make it possible to hit guild mates, on the ladder and off. How hard is that? What difference does it make? Exclude bounties only maybe, and open the rest up. Problem solved. 

#15 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 22:01

I can jump in next round RJ, but it'll be 3 on 1..lol

#16 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 22:09

I'm just watching as they dismantle every good aspect of Fallensword, one slow, miserable piece at a time. Just thinking about it has me depressed. :(

*nods* :(

#17 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 22:51

I know it. I am still hoping for the best. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: