#21 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:45

Perhaps I am just ignorant but what is actually the issue?

I have always been attacking all creatures on a square then press "0" and repeat the process...

On the old map, you could open the combat log, and press F5 (refresh) to do another round.. and you could press F5 quite fast and the kills would tick in (with AM500 of course to ensure the spawn).

On the new map you could do 111122223333 etc (or more for that matter) before you needed to hit 0, so each refresh would give many more kills than the usual 123456789 0.

This is no longer an option, for whatever reason. And I am not buying the "it was causing issues with the servers". The above has been possible, and done, in years - without that being the issue.
It made annoying tasks more easy to do, and hence less annoying. As it is, those who need to burn big stam banks on farming, hunting, whatever on the world map, have to use a vastly increased amount of time on doing so - and still run into the old "Error Error Exterminate" msgs, so it hasn't done any good.. quite the opposite actually.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#22 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:50

That's correct that you should only be able to attack a creature once before a page refresh if you're using the old map. This was one of the issues that was causing the excessive lag recently. Note you can still attack more than one creature using the 1, 2, 3 keys etc. without a refresh.

So you can't spam the number keys without a reload on the old map anymore? This is a joke. Totally ridiculous. You have made farming on a GE totally impossible unless you have days to spare. The only way to do this now is to minimum qualify with a high global booster. Anything else is completely impractical. I used to qualify without a global booster and go for a top #100 spot. It still took a while but I could get there now that's completely impossible. What a farce. You have made AM500 useless as well.

We were able to spam those keys for years to do global kills. What has changed? These issues were not happening then so it doesn't stand to reason they are the cause now. Please reverse this decision. Your going to decrease activity for a lot of people. Listen to the response your getting from so many.

Edited by Josh1404, 20 April 2017 - 10:08.

#23 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:59

Your Contribution: 9005 kills

About 391,000 shy of what I was going to do but you have made that impossible for me.

Edited by Josh1404, 20 April 2017 - 11:59.

#24 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2017 - 13:50

We made some further changes today which should remove the need for the refresh. Hopefully we won't need to re-add it, but if it continues to be an issue after today's changes then it's likely we will have to.

Note you may experience page errors if you perform actions too fast on the server (for example by clicking a creature multiple times quickly) - this is normal and part of the flood control on the server-side of the game. If you do encounter an error, refresh the page and it should be ok again.

#25 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2017 - 14:05

You just de-incentivized any reason to buy max stamina. Hunting, farming, and doing globals like this is not remotely feasible for anyone who has a large stam bank and even remotely values their time.

Kr0egjY.png

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#26 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2017 - 14:59

You just de-incentivized any reason to buy max stamina. Hunting, farming, and doing globals like this is not remotely feasible for anyone who has a large stam bank and even remotely values their time.

See my previous post :)

#27 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 15:01

We made some further changes today which should remove the need for the refresh. Hopefully we won't need to re-add it, but if it continues to be an issue after today's changes then it's likely we will have to.

Note you may experience page errors if you perform actions too fast on the server (for example by clicking a creature multiple times quickly) - this is normal and part of the flood control on the server-side of the game. If you do encounter an error, refresh the page and it should be ok again.

Excellent decision hoof. Have not seen so much disdain so quickly to an update so I think this is most wise. Thank you. Will smash some more kills I think. Nicely done. :D

#28 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2017 - 15:03

Excellent decision hoof. Have not seen so much disdain so quickly to an update so I think this is most wise. Thank you. Will smash some more kills I think. Nicely done. :D

It's not something we wanted to do in the first place, just hope the other changes we make helps prevent this happening again. Note my post before that you may see some errors if you perform actions too fast, but that's just to do with the flood control on the servers and not something we can really change.

#29 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 15:14

It's not something we wanted to do in the first place, just hope the other changes we make helps prevent this happening again. Note my post before that you may see some errors if you perform actions too fast, but that's just to do with the flood control on the servers and not something we can really change.

Yeah I figured it was not out of choice to do that. Hopefully your right and fingers crossed for plain sailing from here on in.

Yes I have seen a few but that's fine. I expect it when trying to work the servers that hard. I think that's a price we can contend with. Better than the alternative IMO.

#30 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 15:45

What is truly messed up is, they've been having problems since before November. Only to have their front man tell us that it was repetitively, it was cloudflare issues. Between November and the beginning of March it had gotten a little better. Only by March 2 it started steadily going down hill. It took them from March 2nd until after Easter weekend before actually trying to really fix the problem.

I haven't been able to speak in Global chat for almost 4 years. You see they were having a problem that day during an event. Where there was really bad lag. I being frustrated, was trying to post something on to the the chat. Due to the lag and my frustration. I spammed the chat with a few messages demanding that they fix it. Thus I was banned. I see none of the players. Who were in GC the few days. Demanding that their game be returned to the previous way it was for them to play, getting band.

I believe it's discouraging too many players. When they are trying to come forward to let you know that there's something wrong with the game. Be told that there's nothing wrong with the game and that it must be us or our systems. Only to have you guys crash the day of the event and it takes several days to get it back up and going. Then only to go back and change things that you changed to make it better. Because many people are crying and complaining that they cannot play the way they used to. I wish that I could play the way they say they can, but I can not. I haven't had a computer for many years and I play for my phone. I haven't seen any changes. But I wish them all the best of luck anyway. Seeing as how they must be the ones you're truly looking out for :(

#31 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2017 - 15:50

Then only to go back and change things that you changed to make it better. Because many people are crying and complaining that they cannot play the way they used to. I wish that I could play the way they say they can, but I can not. I haven't had a computer for many years and I play for my phone. I haven't seen any changes. But I wish them all the best of luck anyway. Seeing as how they must be the ones you're truly looking out for :(

We made some other changes which should hopefully prevent it happening again. However note I said before that we may have to re-add this additional change if it doesn't resolve the issues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: