• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sinho6

Sinho6

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 22:06

FallenSword Guide states that the drop rate for Water Rune Fragments is 10%; I've been killing Water Elemental (Champion)s for a while now, at least 100 kills with FI 840 and RF 210, and not a single drop.

Could a member of HCS look into the drop rate please? Assuming the drop rate of 10% is entirely unaffected by FI and RF (which is false), the chance of 100 kills without a single drop is about 0.0027% or so.

Edit: Auto-Frag eats Resource drops. Could HCS look into adding another check and then preventing Auto-Frag from doing its job if the item is a Quest Item or Resource? Thanks!

Edited by Sinho6, 04 May 2014 - 22:32.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 22:06

FallenSword Guide states that the drop rate for Water Rune Fragments is 10%; I've been killing Water Elemental (Champion)s for a while now, at least 100 kills with FI 840 and RF 210, and not a single drop.

Could a member of HCS look into the drop rate please? Assuming the drop rate of 10% is entirely unaffected by FI and RF (which is false), the chance of 100 kills without a single drop is about 0.0027% or so.

Auto-drop ? ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 22:09

Wow.  .0027% of that happening, you must be VERY unlucky!  .... or auto-drop is switched on.

#4 Sinho6

Sinho6

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 22:11

I have no Auto Discard level set; all my preferences are 'Keep' except Rare items which are set to 'Fragment'... Water Rune Fragments is a Resource item which cannot be fragmented so I'm sure that's not the problem.

To be fair, I have the 'Auto-Open Fragment Stashes' option checked, but I doubt that will affect Resource drops... and I swear I have done a quest since the last global which involved resources and inventing, so I don't think that option is interfering with anything either.

Edited by Sinho6, 04 May 2014 - 22:12.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 22:14

Try turning off FI then - if you just want the resource, you've more chance WITHOUT Find Item ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 Sinho6

Sinho6

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 22:20

Hmm strange. You guys were correct, the preference that was screwing up the drop rate was the Auto-Fragment for Rare items. Water Rune Fragments is Rare and it's a Resource, but somehow Auto-Frag deletes them without giving any shards for them.

I do feel that this should be fixed however... I don't think Resources should be destroyed under Auto-Frag, especially since they have no fragments to give!

Edit: Pardoux, correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that two separate rolls are done. First, the game uses FI to increase the drop rate of ALL items; since Water Elemental (Champion) has no other items, I get one chance to loot Water Rune Fragments. If I fail, the game does a second roll with RF, so I don't see how FI could hurt.

Edited by Sinho6, 04 May 2014 - 22:21.

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 22:26

Edit: Pardoux, correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that two separate rolls are done. First, the game uses FI to increase the drop rate of ALL items; since Water Elemental (Champion) has no other items, I get one chance to loot Water Rune Fragments. If I fail, the game does a second roll with RF, so I don't see how FI could hurt.

On paper, yes, that's how I understand it too ...

In reality, I know that if I'm looking for just resource drops, I have more success without Find Item running :)

#8 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:18

FI increases the drop rate for items (not resources), while RF gives a 2nd roll *if* there is no drop from the first.

So FI will make RF less effective: more item drops first time around mean there are fewer 2nd rolls to try again for a resource.

(But in the absence of RF, FI will not change the drop rate for resources)

#9 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 14:28

check to make sure you are not auto-fraging them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana