BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 September 2012 - 15:54

Hi there Everyone.

Further news regarding the upcoming achievements.

We seem to have caused some confusion with the mention of Tiered achievements. As we stated in the previous update, select Achievements will have increasing targets. These will mostly be things like specific creature type kills.

For example :

Undead

Brains!!
Posted Image
Kill 5,000 Undead.

Dawn of the Dead
Posted Image
Kill 10,000 Undead.

Dice with Death
Posted Image
Kill 15,000 Undead.

Dancing with the Reaper
Posted Image
Kill 20,000 Undead.

Demons.

Deliverance from Evil

Posted Image
Kill 5,000 Demons.

Possessed
Posted Image
Kill 10,000 Demons.

Sold your Soul
Posted Image
Kill 15,000 Demons.

Warrior of Light
Posted Image
Kill 20,000 Demons.

Each is a new image and Achievement name attached. This provides a range of Achievements to aim for. Bear in mind that these numbers are examples and subject to change.

Additionally, we will be providing a small section of the players Profile page to display 10 Achievements of their choice. They will choose these from a Total Achievements pages, displaying everything you've unlocked.

Furthermore, we have heard your feedback in the previous thread asking that Achievements not duplicate pre-existing medals. We agree on this and shall ensure this does not occur.

With that in mind, we'd like to show off a few more of the ideas for Achievements. These are combinations of our ideas and those gleaned from the forum feedback.

The Fellowship of Adventure
Posted Image
x number of Guild mates have Qualified for Global Events.

If you pay peanuts, you get Monkeys!
Posted Image
Pay X amount gold total in tax to the Guild.

Rampage!
Posted Image
Achieve a combined Guild Kill Streak of X.

Warriors of Valor
Posted Image
Guild total of X number of PvP tokens won.

Please let us know what you think of these. We appreciate the feedback and shall continue to look at further Achievement ideas!

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 15:58

These are great!
Specially the guild ones :)

#3 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 07 September 2012 - 16:01

Nice

#4 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 16:06

getting to a better place now, nice work :)

#5 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 16:09

Great revision of the achievements.

Why not just display them all rather than just the preferred 10?

#6 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 07 September 2012 - 16:13

Great I was wondering about the display of achievement. Making you choose 10 gives everyone the chance to show of their own accomplishments they are proud off.

#7 slim

slim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 16:17

Great improvement, But I prefer that show all Achievement that we get, not only 10.

How about an achievemnt for:
1º: Fsps got from sell items/potions/resourses in AH
2º: Gold got from sell anything in AH. (Maybe in this way 5kk, 30kk, 90kk, 200kk)
3º: Inventing Items.
4º: Inventing Potions.
5º: Spend gold in Scaving
6º: Be Bold and Delevel (A bonus for PvP Players)
7º: Numbers of Buffs cast in Allies
8º: Amount of Gold in Bank
9º: Number of Kill Streak
10º: Number of Points in PvP Prestige.
11º: Number of BackPack
12º: Number of Folders
13º: Numbers of Allies
14º: Numbers of Components Slots
15º: Number of FS BOX message sent
16º: Number of Stamina
Posted Image

Nenhum obstáculo é tão grande se a sua vontade de vencer for maior.

#8 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 16:20

Great improvement, But I prefer that show all Achievement that we get, not only 10.

This may overload the profile page as they are planning to add a lot of achievements imo

#9 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2012 - 16:20

I like the idea of being able to choose what achievements we show on our profile, they look cool! :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#10 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 September 2012 - 16:29

Fellowship of Adventure is a key one I think. It helps show guilds who have an active userbase and I think would be the best of the four to add.

I'm not sure about the Rampage one. Does that mean all users combined Kill Streak totals, or active guild kill streak? Either way as someone who took a run at the kill streak table at one point, it's a good concept. I'm just wondering if all these calculations will slow the server down a bit after with the new game fixes/upgrades it's been so nice and smooth to play, or that now we've got some boss new servers to handle it all?

But if we get to showcase what achievements are listed on our profiles that would be an awesome add-on to the updates.

#11 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 07 September 2012 - 18:41

How about change the "If you pay peanuts, you get Monkeys!" so that you get the achievement for donating gold rather than just paying it in tax. For example, in my guild I dont have guild tax so I will never have that medal. Plus, making it donation based gets people to donate more, while the tax one is merely how much stam u spent on hunting.

#12 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 07 September 2012 - 18:47

How about change the "If you pay peanuts, you get Monkeys!" so that you get the achievement for donating gold rather than just paying it in tax. For example, in my guild I dont have guild tax so I will never have that medal. Plus, making it donation based gets people to donate more, while the tax one is merely how much stam u spent on hunting.

Or create a new achievement for it lol

#13 Bunnybee

Bunnybee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 18:48

The only achievement that's even remotely pvp related is ladder based? Guess there'd be fits pitched right and left if it was otherwise huh? Nice.

It really is being phased out, isn't it.

#14 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 18:48

Or just make it cumulative with donated gold and gold from taxes

#15 Crasken

Crasken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Finland

Posted 07 September 2012 - 18:53

If there was achievement based on deposited gold, recycling should be prevented. Like withdrawing gold from guild bank and depositing that same gold back. Doing that nearly any guild would have extreme amounts of deposited gold and reached highest depositing achievements. Amount of tax collected would be more simple, but that again doesn't really show the true wealth of guild as stated by jonahtebaa, but instead how much stamina is burned through hunting. And that would highly favor bigger guilds.

#16 moriah1

moriah1

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 18:57

Again,... Ick.. sorry, I'm not impressed with this at all.

This seems really useless. :(

#17 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 07 September 2012 - 18:59

Again,... Ick.. sorry, I'm not impressed with this at all.

This seems really useless. :(

It is useless, just to show off all your accomplishments that you are proud off to get ... don't like them, don't show them on profile page XD

#18 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:15

pvp based achievements.

5 Finger Discount
X amount of gold stolen

100 Stam never looked so good
X amount of levels taken

What else was i going to use it for?
X amount of stamina used in pvp

Your XP was showing!
X amount of xp taken

99 problems but a bounty ain't one.
X amount of time on the bounty board

There ya go a few ideas to help you out.

#19 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:44

The only achievement that's even remotely pvp related is ladder based? Guess there'd be fits pitched right and left if it was otherwise huh? Nice.

It really is being phased out, isn't it.

+1 Posted Image

#20 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 September 2012 - 19:58

If there was achievement based on deposited gold, recycling should be prevented. Like withdrawing gold from guild bank and depositing that same gold back. Doing that nearly any guild would have extreme amounts of deposited gold and reached highest depositing achievements. Amount of tax collected would be more simple, but that again doesn't really show the true wealth of guild as stated by jonahtebaa, but instead how much stamina is burned through hunting. And that would highly favor bigger guilds.

THIS.
I can totally see people abusing the deposit aspect. Besides taxed gold shows how much you've helped your guild via hunting. If the achievement is that painstakingly important to people noone is stopping their guild from having a vote amongst themselves to add a guild tax.

Off-topic: (In my opinion guild tax directly places it into bank rather than having to pass the money around to trustworthy member to deposit, so I don't see why people don't use it if they're going to donate gold to guild bank anyhow... its like having an extra bank deposit every few hunts.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: