• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:58

Personal Achievement- I would love

1.Number of guilds joined and left
2.Number of times being reported
3.Number of times being terminated
4.Number of time quitting the game (not logging one in 30 days)

sorry but I loled hard reading this

#42 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:38

For the Guild Achievements - seems size will matter and I think that's unfortunate.

I have currently chosen to join and remain in a small guild and many make this choice as there is typically less drama, and a tighter sense of community and players know each other better, again typically. I have nothing against large guilds, but at this time it's not for me. I don't think small guilds, especially such as mine who are determined to stay at 25 members or less should be penalized.

In summation, I would like to see the Guild Achievements based on Ratio to Size, so that large or small all are then on the same footing for recognition.

:) Kath

#43 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:06

3 ideas for personal:

Social Butterfly
On x amount of allies lists

Nobody Likes Me, Neither Do I
On x amount of enemies list

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend

x amount of assisted kills

Just a few ideas that popped in my head. Let me know what you guys think. :D

#44 Jonah Tebaa

Jonah Tebaa

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Lebanon

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:38

How about change the "If you pay peanuts, you get Monkeys!" so that you get the achievement for donating gold rather than just paying it in tax. For example, in my guild I dont have guild tax so I will never have that medal. Plus, making it donation based gets people to donate more, while the tax one is merely how much stam u spent on hunting.

If there was achievement based on deposited gold, recycling should be prevented. Like withdrawing gold from guild bank and depositing that same gold back. Doing that nearly any guild would have extreme amounts of deposited gold and reached highest depositing achievements. Amount of tax collected would be more simple, but that again doesn't really show the true wealth of guild as stated by jonahtebaa, but instead how much stamina is burned through hunting. And that would highly favor bigger guilds.

Good point there! I did not think about it.

#45 Sags

Sags

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:42

I don't PvP a lot, but these achievements are a great opportunity to liven up that side of the game, as we all know many players are going to go all out to collect achievements.

Just a couple of ideas-
Activating master thief x number of times.
Removing deflect x number of times with spellbreaker.
Winning x number of combats as a defender on the BB.
Winning x number of PvP combats in one blow as defender after activating dodge or first strike.
Achieving x number of consecutive PvP wins as attacker or defender but not on BB (so if you lose when attacked in the middle of a streak you lose the streak, heh heh!) Another related idea is a current top PvP kill streak list. If you want to get to the top, you need to do lots of hits yourself and also arrange for your rivals to be brought down by someone in their PvP range. Then you can have an achievement for being at the top for x number of hours. Get those PvP guilds competing amongst themselves rather than conspiring together to delevel outsiders.
Winning x number of PvP combats with reflect buff.
Winning x number of PvP combats with critical hit.

In general, I think lots of "quirky" achievements that don't just rely on pressing a kill button so many times will add to the flavour of achievements and the game. If some achievements are hard to get and rely on the luck of certain events kicking in, then they'll be more fun to (eventually) earn.

Also, if you are going to have achievements for killing x numbers of a certain class of beast, please make the increments much higher than 5000, 1000, 15000, 20000. Otherwise everyone is going to be at level 4 after about 6 months of regular hunting, probably using lower levels of doubler - not much of an achievement. The increments should be more like for titans, say 5000, 20000, 50000, 100000.

#46 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:08

For the Guild Achievements - seems size will matter and I think that's unfortunate.

I have currently chosen to join and remain in a small guild and many make this choice as there is typically less drama, and a tighter sense of community and players know each other better, again typically. I have nothing against large guilds, but at this time it's not for me. I don't think small guilds, especially such as mine who are determined to stay at 25 members or less should be penalized.

In summation, I would like to see the Guild Achievements based on Ratio to Size, so that large or small all are then on the same footing for recognition.

Absolutely - I said that achievements should be scaled to guild member size and even member levels to make them equally attainable to large and small guilds. Will this happen tho ? - who knows. Hopefully yes, but time will tell.

#47 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 13:40

I just have one question on this. If a small guild gets an achievement based on their size ratio but then gets bigger, what will happen to that achievement when it no longer applies because the ratio is different? Does it go away until they re-earn it or is it there permanently? I understand everyone being on equal footing but I also think these are intended to be earned by the majority of the guild, not by a few people running up a bunch of achievements for recruiting/other purposes.

Screenshot everything!

#48 iambrad

iambrad

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:19

The Fellowship of Adventure

x number of Guild mates have Qualified for Global Events.

I would rather see this as percentage of x number of guild mates.... keeps the ratio even for small to large guilds. IF guild goes smaller or larger the percentage changes... This can apply to alot of the achievements instead of x number just make it a percentage instead.

#49 Booger

Booger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 21:05

Personal Achievement- I would love

1.Number of guilds joined and left
2.Number of times being reported
3.Number of times being terminated
4.Number of time quitting the game (not logging one in 30 days)

sorry but I loled hard reading this

There could be one called "Guild Hopper"

Not sure why they're thinking of calling the PVP one "Warriors of Valor" when a lot of the PVPers in this game are just bullies that gang up on anyone who stands up to them (or at least it was like that a little while ago, I'm assuming it hasn't changed).

#50 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2012 - 21:23

Not sure why they're thinking of calling the PVP one "Warriors of Valor" when a lot of the PVPers in this game are just bullies that gang up on anyone who stands up to them (or at least it was like that a little while ago, I'm assuming it hasn't changed).

Couldnt resist responding, ( and I wont further then this reply, so I don't derail a perfectly good thread)

Depends on ones version of standing up I guess. I've seen players particular bio's do nothing but actually taunt, personally insult player/ guild, etc. Mocking guild ranks, keeping *scores of delevels* bragging about win's losses. It would almost seem as tho they enjoy'ed the attention. oh..wait.. what? :shock:

If someone is deleveled, or hit repeatedly, the first word mentioned is *bully*. If a delevel, is met by a retaliation delevel, it's bullying.If someones friend hits someone , it's bullying. If someone is deleveled offline, it's bullying, apparently, any type of aggression in this game is called bullying. If someone is dealt with in manner they don't agree with, they place the blame on the player/players who hit them, calling them bullies. All of a sudden all the focus is on the *bully* and what *they* did. LOL.

People say pvp is bad for the game. See how much drama it causes? Would be an otherwise dry and un appetizing game (imo) without it.

HCS should make a bully medal: most delevels or most xp taken via pvp. Then if someone says : Hey! You're nothing but a bully! * points at medal* sure, yup.

#51 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 00:07

I'm a Big Boy Now! Spend 50000 stamina without having a buff cast on you by another player

#52 slim

slim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 00:39

I'm a Big Boy Now! Spend 50000 stamina without having a buff cast on you by another player

I like that, but potions will count? and the number of stam use can be less than 50k, cuz I have only 8k ;)
But I like your idea
Posted Image

Nenhum obstáculo é tão grande se a sua vontade de vencer for maior.

#53 RageAnger

RageAnger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:35

There should be a GvG medal

#54 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:36

Since we seem to be going from "a few" achievements to "an achievement for everything including the kitchen sink," here are a few I submit for consideration.

"Buying off the rack" - kill x creatures within 100 levels of your own, using only gear of common rarity.

"Fashionista" - kill x creatures within 100 levels of your own, using only gear of rare rarity.

(Give us some reason to do something with drops besides immediately throwing them away. Modify level range as needed).

kill x creatures using a Librarian buff at or below level 100.

kill x creatures using an Adept Learner buff at or below level 100.

kill x creatures using a Treasure Hunter at or below level 100.

kill x creatures using a Merchant buff at or below level 100.

kill x creatures using a Animal Magnetism buff at or below level 100.

kill x creatures using a Doubler buff at or below level 100.

(Encourage the participation of lower-level players in buffing their guildmates, as well as giving people a reason to purchase buffs from lower-level players. Between readily-available level 175 buffs and potions, it's effectively pointless to try to sell buffs at low levels. This would change that, as well as moving a certain amount of gold out of the hands of higher-level players who by and large don't need it, and into the hands of lower-level ones who do)

"Noblesse Oblige:" sink 100,000 times your level in gold. When you level up, you will lose the benefit of this achievement until you again meet the requirement for it.

(Yes, it's a blatant gold sink. Why not?)

"I meant to do that!" - Attempt and Fail to invent x items.

(is any comment really needed?)

"Politically Active" - Take part in x polls in the forum.

(get the sheeple over here, and maybe a few of them will start taking a more active role in the community...)

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!" - gain x levels without earning or upgrading any medals.

"A Man of Virtue." - kill x creatures using only gear that has not been hell-forged.

#55 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:44

I like that, but potions will count? and the number of stam use can be less than 50k, cuz I have only 8k ;)
But I like your idea

This one would be extremely advantageous for low-level players who don't really need buffs to hunt successfully. It would be all but impossible for mid-level players who lack the requisite buffs to buff themselves, but need some buffs to hunt efficiently. Very high level players, of course, can buff themselves with whatever they like, and would have no problem.

Also, I think a sliding scale of stamina based on your max stam would be better than a firm number.

I like the concept, but think it needs a little work before it will be fair across the board.

#56 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:50

The Fellowship of Adventure

x number of Guild mates have Qualified for Global Events.

I would rather see this as percentage of x number of guild mates.... keeps the ratio even for small to large guilds. IF guild goes smaller or larger the percentage changes... This can apply to alot of the achievements instead of x number just make it a percentage instead.

Agreed. This would also add a badly needed counter-balance for all of the benefits accrued by guilds that keep long-dead members on their rosters. And it should be possible to lose this achievement if you dip below the threshhold.

#57 Ali

Ali

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:55

3 ideas for personal:

Social Butterfly
On x amount of allies lists

Nobody Likes Me, Neither Do I
On x amount of enemies list

The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend

x amount of assisted kills

Just a few ideas that popped in my head. Let me know what you guys think. :D

Interesting.

The first two could be problematic because they are easily manipulated. Form coalitions to add one person to their friend list, wait until achievement is awarded, then drop the person and move on to the next coalition member.

If it were possible to LOSE the achievement by falling below the threshhold, then I would like the first two better.

The assist buff is painfully underutilized. I think the third suggestion would be a good idea.

#58 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:30

Why do pvp'ers that hit think they "take" xp, when they actually "remove" xp from the target? Everyone knows the hitter doesn't gain any xp from what's removed from another. 8)

Just make sure any medals/achievements associated with pvp reflects this.

#59 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:17

Why do pvp'ers that hit think they "take" xp, when they actually "remove" xp from the target? Everyone knows the hitter doesn't gain any xp from what's removed from another. 8)

bla bla bla

I support Maehs earlier proprosal, and would formally request that all PvP related achievements includes the word "Bully" in some form. I would like to suggest the counter "achievements" as in; got hit x times with 100 stam, got robbed x amount of gold etc, all include the word "Whiner".

Besides from those two utterly useless posts by myself, and the one quoted, keep at it my dear moo moos. This supplement to the game, can turn out to be interesting 8)

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#60 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:11

bla bla bla

I support Maehs earlier proprosal, and would formally request that all PvP related achievements includes the word "Bully" in some form. I would like to suggest the counter "achievements" as in; got hit x times with 100 stam, got robbed x amount of gold etc, all include the word "Whiner".

Besides from those two utterly useless posts by myself, and the one quoted, keep at it my dear moo moos. This supplement to the game, can turn out to be interesting 8)

"Bully" is fine, never needed clarification on that, thanks!

Like I said, let's clean up the the term "taken".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: