Photo

Guild Wars

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of this idea? (81 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of this idea?

1. Voted Good Idea (14 votes [17.28%])

Percentage of vote: 17.28%

2. Voted Bad Idea (55 votes [67.90%])

Percentage of vote: 67.90%

3. Voted Needs some tweaking. (12 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 16:39

if the Russian navy captured the White House or the American navy captured the Kremlin it should't be just about retaking it... the whole country should be opened for a major PvP attack, no?

#42 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:23

Consider. You want 3 relics. So your spread thin amongst the 3 and you also receive the defense penalty. Your upset because you can't defend all three. Your a leveling guild? Tough. Your a pvp guild. Start a war and teach those annoying gnats not to mess with you. Yeah. We should change the system to make it easier to keep 3 relics.

#43 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:30

Consider. You want 3 relics. So your spread thin amongst the 3 and you also receive the defense penalty. Your upset because you can't defend all three. Your a leveling guild? Tough. Your a pvp guild. Start a war and teach those annoying gnats not to mess with you. Yeah. We should change the system to make it easier to keep 3 relics.

Keeping 3 relics is difficult, even for a top guild, just saying.

Also, Levellers can become PvPers, all they need is instruction, and an open mind. Even if they dont participate in Thieving, they need to learn how to 'dance', or switch setups to counter the attacker's. They need to learn about the other stats. Damage isnt going to win the fight, this isnt PvE. They need to learn that PvP is rarely about XP loss, but about the gold, and they need to learn not to keep so much onhand.

#44 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:35

I was being snarky. Look at the original posters guild. They are sitting on 3 relics and are annoyed that people are taking it hence the "idea" to "penalize" them with war so that they would stop trying to take it. Idea is a bit selfish IMO

#45 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:42

I was being snarky. Look at the original posters guild. They are sitting on 3 relics and are annoyed that people are taking it hence the "idea" to "penalize" them with war so that they would stop trying to take it. Idea is a bit selfish IMO

and? This would only really happen if someone was stupid enough to repeatedly try to take it. If someone in your guild was stupid enough to attack the USO (Udan Sun Orb) multiple times (or even once) they're asking for war with TWP. Its the same with any Relic that any guild calls home. Most guilds dont sit on relics, they take them for the bonuses, and move on.

#46 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:44

This thread isn't about making anything easier. It's about making things more interesting. :)

The Idea was actually thought up 5 or 6 months ago ;) As for current situations Relics come and go , lose one, have another, lose that, have a different one. Earlier I went and took 2 relics from a player 100 stamming a bounty on me (to lower their stats a bit) is that ok? LOL Dear lord. I'm not out to penalize anyone.

We've had interactions with your guild, I'm not crying saying someone took a relic, I;m saying wouldnt it be neat if guilds had to FIGHT for them? Don't drag it up in a suggestion forum. By all means feel free to post it on the conflicts forums tho. Try and be less snarky? ( as you put it)

Thanks.

#47 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:58

Sorry. It's a bad habit. I can't help being snarky and it's worse when your dealing with non-English as a first language folk.

To "spice" things up isn't a good reason to make it more pvp friendly to keep relics. It would make pvp guilds happy but everyone else sad.

To be honest, I personally don't like relics as the ROI is not there. The stam required and the amount of effort to keep it is not worth it. If your willing to waste the stam and go back and forth with other guild, more power to you. The system as is seems to be working well enough. Spread too thin and you lose relic

Your guild war idea has merit but to tie it to relics is what kills it for me. As another poster mentioned, all of the things you mentioned can be done with current rules

#48 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:22

To "spice" things up isn't a good reason to make it more pvp friendly to keep relics. It would make pvp guilds happy but everyone else sad.

Or perhaps more players would see better reason to participate in PvP :)

To be honest, I personally don't like relics as the ROI is not there. The stam required and the amount of effort to keep it is not worth it. If your willing to waste the stam and go back and forth with other guild, more power to you. The system as is seems to be working well enough. Spread too thin and you lose relic

Those willing to put effort into it, with stam, time, FSP, gold, XP and teamwork, those who think it is worth it and who thinks it is fun, should be rewarded for their efforts methinks.. We have been battling a guild 9 times our size the last two and a half weeks, and due to our effort, teamwork and us being willing to make sacrifices we are able to hold the relic about 90% of the time. That is how the game seems to be designed.. You have to make choices.

#49 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:41

I think you are making my case. It's working for those willing. So why give pvp guilds (your guild) further advantages?

Your ideas should be for the benefit of the community. Not for you personally (IMHO)

#50 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:42

Those willing to put effort into it, with stam, time, FSP, gold, XP and teamwork, those who think it is worth it and who thinks it is fun, should be rewarded for their efforts methinks.. We have been battling a guild 9 times our size the last two and a half weeks, and due to our effort, teamwork and us being willing to make sacrifices we are able to hold the relic about 90% of the time. That is how the game seems to be designed.. You have to make choices.

The Guild may be 9 times your size but lets take your Character level as an example. Its EOC is it not? You are then able to provide substantial buffage to fellow Guild members....right? Lets now take my character, I'm not EOC, I'm not even high level yet. How much effort, time, gold, XP and most importantly FSP do you think I would have to spend to give our Guild a chance in capturing a relic, from a High Level Guild as most relics belong to them, then try to defend it then recapture it if it was taken back. The mind boggles.

I have asked the question numerous times and have yet to receive an adequate answer on how triggering a " Guild War " by " number of times relic captures " is feasible when considering smaller Guilds. A small or new Guild may be able to capture a relic once but thats about it as I don't see how they would be able to recapture it from a defending High Level Guild which would mean they would be unable to gain the required captures to trigger a " Guild War". Meaning this would be part of Fallen Sword that small/new Guilds can not participate in. But sadly this doesn't seem to matter.

Cheers.

wil72

#51 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:06

I have asked the question numerous times and have yet to receive an adequate answer on how triggering a " Guild War " by " number of times relic captures " is feasible when considering smaller Guilds. A small or new Guild may be able to capture a relic once but thats about it as I don't see how they would be able to recapture it from a defending High Level Guild which would mean they would be unable to gain the required captures to trigger a " Guild War". Meaning this would be part of Fallen Sword that small/new Guilds can not participate in. But sadly this doesn't seem to matter.

Cheers.

wil72

So, as I see it , your issue is that small guilds won't be able to get into wars due to being unable to capture relics a set # of times? If that be the case ( its already hard for them now, so nothin changes in the difficulty department) There's plenty of relics in fs, and if a challenge is difficult and it comes down to statistics, then recruit, and level up to get stronger.

#52 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:06

I like this idea. Many of the leveling guild "hoard" their relics (my guild included). When someone wants to take it, it starts a war anyways. This way the whole guild could be involved and would be part of the fun of keeping that best relics.

The smaller guilds actually would not be ignored. I remember being in a smaller guild and the relics you try to keep are taken so much more as a smaller guild. It would allow for the smaller guilds to fight back.

I like it.

#53 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:09

The Guild may be 9 times your size but lets take your Character level as an example. Its EOC is it not? You are then able to provide substantial buffage to fellow Guild members....right? Lets now take my character, I'm not EOC, I'm not even high level yet. How much effort, time, gold, XP and most importantly FSP do you think I would have to spend to give our Guild a chance in capturing a relic, from a High Level Guild as most relics belong to them, then try to defend it then recapture it if it was taken back. The mind boggles.

Cheers.

wil72

and what of the guilds inbetween? You are talking about a vast minority of guilds. MOST guilds dont have access to the 1k+ buffs, and if they do, there is only 1 person high enough to cast them.

#54 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:21

Hi Wil - this was just a suggestion and based on the poll results, it probably won't be implanted so don't sweat it. Make another suggestion that is fair to all and would be fun for all. I'm not creative enough.

#55 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:34

Hi Wil - this was just a suggestion and based on the poll results, it probably won't be implanted so don't sweat it. Make another suggestion that is fair to all and would be fun for all. I'm not creative enough.

Why does EVERYONE have to be happy with a suggestion for it to be implemented? This game is dying, and its not because of PvP. Obviously, somewhere along the line HCS has made some bad decisions, and ignored the people who said it was bad.

Nothing in life is fair, or in this game for that matter :)

#56 akasha420

akasha420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:42

and All pvp hits would of course be bountyable.

why do you wish to keep this? makes no sense if you want this to be a true Guild VS Guild..

Had thought of that ( even asked a friend for their opinion on it) Also had a thought of making *war* bounties only acceptable via members of the opposing guilds ( like a different type of bounty or something). Anyways the convo came back to pvp and how ( currently) every hit is bountyable.

In some instances of a *war* ( with relation to this idea) some may not want to hit back, and would wish to post a bounty for deleveling.

Depends on the rules for this like Would "Guild A" be able to bring in any other guilds' to smash the "Guild B"?

Or would your idea of this be Strictly One Guild Versus The Other Only? Just curious on the parameters.

I like the idea of "making *war* bounties only acceptable via members of the opposing guilds ( like a different type of bounty or something)." I would be interested to try this if it followed the above idea. But I am curious as to the end result. Would there be a cap on how long the war were to run? What if you had 2 stubborn guilds fighting over a relic? What's the potential for abuse?

#57 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:43

Why does EVERYONE have to be happy with a suggestion for it to be implemented? This game is dying, and its not because of PvP. Obviously, somewhere along the line HCS has made some bad decisions, and ignored the people who said it was bad.

Nothing in life is fair, or in this game for that matter :)

+1 If it expands the play of the people who are part of the game, why wouldn't we try it?

#58 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:48

Cheers.

wil72

So, as I see it , your issue is that small guilds won't be able to get into wars due to being unable to capture relics a set # of times? If that be the case ( its already hard for them now, so nothin changes in the difficulty department) There's plenty of relics in fs, and if a challenge is difficult and it comes down to statistics, then recruit, and level up to get stronger.

Wait a minute, Titan hunting has been tweaked by the Cows as it was deemed that it was the plaything of only a few. The way "Guild Wars" has been suggested its pretty much the same. I have no problem with my guilds strength mate and in a " War " scenario I would hope we would fare rather well. As for recruiting I can't believe this is your argument and i find it rather patronising that it has been suggested. Our Guild is bran new and was founded by first time Fallen Sword players just over a year ago. Do you know how hard new and I mean NEW Guilds have trying to recruit players? Korova doesn't shirk its responsibilities and provides pretty much everything its members require. As much, I would presume, as most High level Guilds. Doesn't really matter though as just about everyone wants to join a top 250 Guild. Which is fine, its human nature, the problem is many Guilds in the top 250 are dead.

But hey, we will plunder on, continue to help our members play the game. But it won't be in " Guild Wars " because the way it has been suggested at present we would be unable to compete.

So much for encouraging the new guys.

Cheers.

wil72

#59 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:53

Cheers.

wil72

and what of the guilds inbetween? You are talking about a vast minority of guilds. MOST guilds dont have access to the 1k+ buffs, and if they do, there is only 1 person high enough to cast them.

Not in relation to relics. Most are controlled by High Level Guilds. It would be safe to assume, would it not, that they would have High Level Buffers.

Cheers.

wil72

#60 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:56

Cheers.

wil72

Not in relation to relics. Most are controlled by High Level Guilds. It would be safe to assume, would it not, that they would have High Level Buffers.

Cheers.

wil72

You are underestimating the amount of Relics in the game. High levelled guilds could have 5 each and still not have all of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: