Photo

Guild Wars

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think of this idea? (81 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of this idea?

1. Voted Good Idea (14 votes [17.28%])

Percentage of vote: 17.28%

2. Voted Bad Idea (55 votes [67.90%])

Percentage of vote: 67.90%

3. Voted Needs some tweaking. (12 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:55

OMG!! You guys make it sound like PvP'rs are some evil group of people out there just looking to make your life miserable!! Do you realize how crazy ya'll sound?

I am not a PvP'r but, I do know my fair share of them and they are not evil people looking to take advantage of every little thing just to make your life miserable. They just want to enjoy the game in there own way. It would mean a challenge for both guilds and would make a guild choose to either fight for that relic or move on. I see SOOOOO much fun in that. and some challenge. What is so horrible about that?

I guess you've never been pvp'd 10 consecutive times by the same person. Never said a word to them. It just takes one rotten apple, no? If I had gold on me, that would be understandable but I didn't...

I buy buffs from many PVP'rs and have to admit that they are the most reasonable but a few bad eggs ruin it for a lot of people.

I have. Ive been hit by the same person for 3 days straight. Hourly. Its a right pain in the butt. I know. I try not to do it unless I have a reason to

So they are doing this to you for no reason... just for giggles? and you like it? sure worked on me... really wanted to do pvp after that... lol...

#102 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:58

You wouldnt be REQUIRED to play this either. Why would you repeatedly attack a relic?

1. To grief the guild who were on the relic to begin with
2. You really like the relic? There's hundreds more out there just like it.

Im FORCED to level. I dont like to, cant I just PvP for Experience?

Newbies dont quit from GvG, they quit because 25-50 is a free-for-all PvP mosh pit, and they get killed every 20 seconds, literally.

No guild should have dibs to the relic to begin with. If they don't put enough people on it, they deserve to lose it over and over again. If you know how to defend it, then you deserve to keep it. If you dont, you'll have to out last the other person (worked against me. I quit trying since I couldn't hold it for more then an hour. waste of stam)

Your not forced to level. I haven't leveled in over 2 weeks (not counting levelling on my xp gain). Oh... with the exception of xp gain, your not forced to level.

True about the newbies but there were a couple of newbies that did quit because of GVG. I'm just saying, if they get bothered by something as mild as GVG, PVP is really gonna drive them away.

PVP on FS is not really PVP. Just killing someone when their offline and no chance to defend themselves. It would be really cool if you could do a turn based pvp where you fight, parry, etc and use real strategy against each other with the 2% kicking in every so often... but I digress...

I am forced to level. If I dont level, Im going to be down to level 1, and no use to anybody, not even myself.

No Guild has dibs on any Relic, unless they have the strength to keep it. You're absolutely right. If your guild feels the need to TAKE a relic away from a guild, you should be ready to defend it like you would your home.

PvP is whatever the developers of the game make it. In this game, Its not 'optional', its not 'agree to a duel', its cutthroat, and usually one-sided (unless you know what you're doing).

#103 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:00

I guess you've never been pvp'd 10 consecutive times by the same person. Never said a word to them. It just takes one rotten apple, no? If I had gold on me, that would be understandable but I didn't...

I buy buffs from many PVP'rs and have to admit that they are the most reasonable but a few bad eggs ruin it for a lot of people.

I have. Ive been hit by the same person for 3 days straight. Hourly. Its a right pain in the butt. I know. I try not to do it unless I have a reason to

So they are doing this to you for no reason... just for giggles? and you like it? sure worked on me... really wanted to do pvp after that... lol...

I hated it. I couldnt do anything to stop it, either, but its part of the game, and nowadays, if you're hit hourly, you can have that person dropped 5 for each hit (or so im told)...

#104 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:00

You wouldnt be REQUIRED to play this either. Why would you repeatedly attack a relic?

1. To grief the guild who were on the relic to begin with
2. You really like the relic? There's hundreds more out there just like it.

Im FORCED to level. I dont like to, cant I just PvP for Experience?

Newbies dont quit from GvG, they quit because 25-50 is a free-for-all PvP mosh pit, and they get killed every 20 seconds, literally.

No guild should have dibs to the relic to begin with. If they don't put enough people on it, they deserve to lose it over and over again. If you know how to defend it, then you deserve to keep it. If you dont, you'll have to out last the other person (worked against me. I quit trying since I couldn't hold it for more then an hour. waste of stam)

Your not forced to level. I haven't leveled in over 2 weeks (not counting levelling on my xp gain). Oh... with the exception of xp gain, your not forced to level.

True about the newbies but there were a couple of newbies that did quit because of GVG. I'm just saying, if they get bothered by something as mild as GVG, PVP is really gonna drive them away.

PVP on FS is not really PVP. Just killing someone when their offline and no chance to defend themselves. It would be really cool if you could do a turn based pvp where you fight, parry, etc and use real strategy against each other with the 2% kicking in every so often... but I digress...

I am forced to level. If I dont level, Im going to be down to level 1, and no use to anybody, not even myself.

No Guild has dibs on any Relic, unless they have the strength to keep it. You're absolutely right. If your guild feels the need to TAKE a relic away from a guild, you should be ready to defend it like you would your home.

PvP is whatever the developers of the game make it. In this game, Its not 'optional', its not 'agree to a duel', its cutthroat, and usually one-sided (unless you know what you're doing).

Can't disagree with anything you are saying here... Your getting me confused. what were we debating? lol

#105 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:02

I hated it. I couldnt do anything to stop it, either, but its part of the game, and nowadays, if you're hit hourly, you can have that person dropped 5 for each hit (or so im told)...

I guess when it happened to me, the rules were different... you could only list them once and they could kill you over and over and over again until the bounty cleared. That was fun... and this was pre-smasher medal days so they were only cleared at 10 stam.

#106 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:09

I guess when it happened to me, the rules were different... you could only list them once and they could kill you over and over and over again until the bounty cleared. That was fun... and this was pre-smasher medal days so they were only cleared at 10 stam.

Yeah. The cows have been feeling really Anti-PvP, and we wish we knew why. Being a PvPer now, people 100 stam on bounties, taking 20% of a level each hit, and there's a medal for it :roll:

#107 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:25

Can't disagree with anything you are saying here... Your getting me confused. what were we debating? lol

You were saying how this suggestion isnt fair :)

#108 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:30

That was some awesome jedi mind trick you pulled on me... I guess it's relative... the game has been evolving and although you say its not fair now, I think it was most unfair when I lost more levels then the PVP'r that attacked me did. At the very least it should be the same. Doesn't the new rule also allow bounties to expire after 2 days? so with the current rule, if it's a well like pvp'r, isn't ther potential he never gets cleared? I try to steer clear as my buttocks still hurts from being slapped around way back when.

#109 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:42

That was some awesome jedi mind trick you pulled on me... I guess it's relative... the game has been evolving and although you say its not fair now, I think it was most unfair when I lost more levels then the PVP'r that attacked me did. At the very least it should be the same. Doesn't the new rule also allow bounties to expire after 2 days? so with the current rule, if it's a well like pvp'r, isn't ther potential he never gets cleared? I try to steer clear as my buttocks still hurts from being slapped around way back when.

Everything is relative. If you knew the right people, (or enough people) you couldve dropped the PvPer 5 levels, and another 5 once he hit you again after the bounty.

As far as PvPer's sitting on the board... It doesnt happen anymore. Too many people going for Smasher/BH Medals to let someone sit there for 48 hours.

Once upon a time, a friend of mine (PvPer) sat on the board for almost a week lol. This was the reason for the expiration date on bounties :)

#110 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:51

Everything is relative. If you knew the right people, (or enough people) you couldve dropped the PvPer 5 levels, and another 5 once he hit you again after the bounty.

As far as PvPer's sitting on the board... It doesnt happen anymore. Too many people going for Smasher/BH Medals to let someone sit there for 48 hours.

Once upon a time, a friend of mine (PvPer) sat on the board for almost a week lol. This was the reason for the expiration date on bounties :)

Alas, I didn't know the right people...
Actually, I did ask around and people stared at me suspiciously and said something about mercs... I thought mercs were those NPC's but I guess they are evil folk that clear bounties for profit and are very negatively regarded.

So the balance is difficult, as you say it doesn't happen anymore but isnt' that the aspect you deem unfair? Oh well... as you said way back when, it's a DOA issue but I thank you for your thoughtful banter back and forth. Also appreciate your patience.

#111 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20

Actually, I did ask around and people stared at me suspiciously and said something about mercs... I thought mercs were those NPC's but I guess they are evil folk that clear bounties for profit and are very negatively regarded.

So the balance is difficult, as you say it doesn't happen anymore but isnt' that the aspect you deem unfair? Oh well... as you said way back when, it's a DOA issue but I thank you for your thoughtful banter back and forth. Also appreciate your patience.

The only unfair part is how us PvPers are treated. If I was evil, or heartless, or whatever, Id tell you to accept this suggestion, and be happy with it :P We are players, just like you.

#112 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:31

The only unfair part is how us PvPers are treated. If I was evil, or heartless, or whatever, Id tell you to accept this suggestion, and be happy with it :P We are players, just like you.

Never said you were evil or not players. PVPers are necessary to the game to keep people from running around with a lot of gold. You also keep the forums alive... lol... The problem are the few rotten eggs that give you all a bad name. PVPrs tend to give levelers the best prices for buffs (at least in my experience). On the flip side, you have some that just pick random people and make life miserable for them. I'm not the only one this has happened to... IF I were you, I would be more upset at that lot then at the "whiny" rest of us. You been there. You know how we feel. I'm sure you can't say every PVPr is honorable. I'm sure there are victims that mouth off and totally deserve what they get... I'm talking about those that have no quarrel that get laid in on... once, ok... twice, maybe... 10x? a bit much no?

#113 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:35

The "Evil" I referred were for Mercs... folks that clear bounties for profit... Incidentally I could find none but any on the top bounty list kept saying "oh... your looking for a merc... sorry... I don't do that"... They consider them evil...

#114 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:42

Never said you were evil or not players. PVPers are necessary to the game to keep people from running around with a lot of gold. You also keep the forums alive... lol... The problem are the few rotten eggs that give you all a bad name. PVPrs tend to give levelers the best prices for buffs (at least in my experience). On the flip side, you have some that just pick random people and make life miserable for them. I'm not the only one this has happened to... IF I were you, I would be more upset at that lot then at the "whiny" rest of us. You been there. You know how we feel. I'm sure you can't say every PVPr is honorable. I'm sure there are victims that mouth off and totally deserve what they get... I'm talking about those that have no quarrel that get laid in on... once, ok... twice, maybe... 10x? a bit much no?

I will never say all PvPers are hpnorable, because I would be ignorant if I did. I would rather spend my time and energy giving us a better name, than worry about the few who make us look bad.

As far as the forums, I love a good conversation. I try to be flexible with all opinions.

MOST people who get hit more than once usually fall into one of three categories:

-constantly keeps gold onhand
-mouths off (in-game or forums)
-hits back and bounties

The third will get you a delevelling, and hourly hits, usually :)

The "Evil" I referred were for Mercs... folks that clear bounties for profit... Incidentally I could find none but any on the top bounty list kept saying "oh... your looking for a merc... sorry... I don't do that"... They consider them evil...

Best way to hire mercs, is to pay 1 FSP to shout "looking for delevelling on x" and pay for screenshots of the delevel of your target. Ive seen it done. It can work :)

#115 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:59

Is it possible that you didn't know the 'right people' because you have sat on your arse gaining levels without interacting/role playing?

This is a MMORPG . <-- Full Stop/Period

That means that when Hoofmaster designed & launched his game he intended for us (players) to engage with each other, be it via selling/buying gear or engaging into battle with each other.He even gave the game a Medieval theme ('feel') about it, a period in history that was quite certainly cut-throat & blood-thirsty, to say the least.

With regard to the OP suggestion, I feel it needs refining of details to make it a viable & interesting addition to game-play.

But hey Yotwehc, 10/10 for thread derailment. *slow claps*

#116 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:29

This threads gone to hell now eh? >_<

#117 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:44

Start a new one. Less debating, and more discussion >.<

#118 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:59

+1

Ditch the poll, it only serves to derail valid suggestions. Leave Polls for the Cows to throw in-game if you catch their attention with thread.

I'd like to see you elaborate on your idea further, such as Reward for victory of Guild War. Does it gain you 24hrs/48hrs of Relic Control or what? If guild goes to War then they need to know why & what they are fighting for, other than destruction of members characters.I'm not against that destruction but it's not enough to draw players into the gameplay if they have nothing viable to fight for. Just my personal opinion of course.

#119 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2012 - 13:36

+1

Ditch the poll, it only serves to derail valid suggestions. Leave Polls for the Cows to throw in-game if you catch their attention with thread.

I'd like to see you elaborate on your idea further, such as Reward for victory of Guild War. Does it gain you 24hrs/48hrs of Relic Control or what? If guild goes to War then they need to know why & what they are fighting for, other than destruction of members characters.I'm not against that destruction but it's not enough to draw players into the gameplay if they have nothing viable to fight for. Just my personal opinion of course.

+2

#120 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2012 - 13:47

Been thinking a lot about this idea,

(1) I am absolutely in favor of new ways to play this game and I think "official" guild wars are a logical step since they happen anyway

(2) I don't think a war should be triggered over relic captures

(More on 2): I feel as though making wars about relic capture might have unforeseen negative consequences on other aspects of the game.

As it is, relic control is far to concentrated with select guilds. I know it's not that hard to put a group together and capture one. But a beginner guild with mostly lower level players will have no chance to capture certain relics. Take for example a group of friends join the game together create a guild together walk over to the blue chasm, a relic in a low level area, they no chance to capture it

(3) A guild war gameplay should be created where a guild founder can put a vote to his guild to declare war against another guilder 50% + 1 members vote in favor then war is declared at a cost of gold regardless of whether the other guild accepts

The guild that had war declared upon them the founder can outright reject it or put it to a vote, I think this vote should be a 2/3 + 1 majority but a 50% + 1 here could work to.

(3) during a guild war PvP protection needs to be honored unless that person voted for or participated in the war. It was bought with fsp and should be respected

(4) I think at the conclusion of a guild war ( one side concedes to the other). It needs to be displayed in more than just a text form announcement on the guild page. The winning guild should reciece a boost (above current maximum) to master thief. The loosing guild should will see a master thief penalty assessed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: