191 replies to this topic

#41 hell07

hell07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Turkey

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:25

We reached 17.5 million last time and went above and beyond the first Ruby tier. They just adjusted the tiers so that they do not have to create another tier again like last year... they are already busy enough coding Composing.

We reached 17.5 million because of the zombie brews and legendarys before now we dont have any drop from the zombies indeed also when there is a prize for first three spot the kill point will be higher than today for top 100 and top 3 i guess.. :)

#42 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:20

A few years ago I'd have been dead set against added rewards for the top 100 etc, but things in FS are a lot different than they used to be. People are lazy, greedy and are far too used to shiny rewards for doing things. Couple that with the much MUCH lower number of people playing and the results will be lower and lower turn outs for these things. I may be wrong, be nice if I were. I kind of doubt it though.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#43 dazriel

dazriel

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:34

The medal just isnt a good enough incentive imo. I stopped at 5k kills, as I'd rather the stam than the medal. I hit 5k kills and wait for others to put in the grunt work and hope its enough to get me some good pots. You can call me lazy or whatever but I didnt make the thing nor do I have much of an incentive to get more than 5k kills given stam has more value to me than a medal. And I'd probably be capable of making the top 100 if I wanted to. So there is probably a lot like me who could put in the kills but dont, add to that the amount of lower level people, people who got caught out with stam or havent the stam banks who couldnt put in the kills and you're most likely left with people willing to put in the kills but not having much of a chance of making up for the rest. With the knowledge that if they do they will get a medal and the same pots everyone else gets.

But hopefully you guys will struggle on and come good for the community/me.

#44 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:51

Lets hope the community can make it this time.

#45 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:12

Can the cows send out a coumminity wide email letting everyone know that there is a global event going on?  I could have swore that back in the day when these things were first introduced I got an email telling me to login and check it out.

I bet that would get more people to login and do their kills.

#46 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:14

People are lazy, greedy and are far too used to shiny rewards for doing things.

If that is the case, then we won't be getting out Ruby tier. What is needed is cooperation among everyone to put in their best efforts to get there, laziness will not get us there.

#47 pKone

pKone

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:17

I love the global events!  

The Cows give us a chance to gain insanely awesome potions for no $$ cost.... so long as we work as a team :)

Which of course may hurt us.  As there are a number of solid moochers out there.  And even without moochers there are people under-motivated to get more than 5,000 kills.

The under-motivation stems from: why am I busting my butt (and Stamina) in order to get great potions for the moochers out there?

Frankly, I don't know the solution.  A bonus chest for everyone in the top 100? Increasingly greater kills necessary to get to the highest tier? Drops from the Yeomen to make it worth your while to go above and beyond?

The best solution would be that people don't mooch and do their best for the sake of the community.  And maybe that was the original plan :)

Anyways, I love the global events :)

Thank you cows, I'll do my best :)

#48 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:24

just some quick math...

17.5 million kills divided by 5,000 to get ruby tier is 3,500 equal shares.

So, 3,500 of us have to put forth the effort to get the ruby tier if we all participated equally.

If you use the 80/20 rule that most economists accept as a general fact in today's society and marketplace.  That means 20% of us will do 80% of the kills.  Meaning that  14 million kills will come from the top 20%.  Again, if we use 3,500 of us that are willing to participate.  That means 700 people are responsible for 14,000,000 kills, or 20,000 kills each.

Those numbers seem to be a bit of a stretch for the current particpation levels that we see.  That is why I think the cows should email out to the whole community, anyone who has ever registered, to come and join the fight.  Otherwise... no ruby pots for us  :-(  *sniff sniff*

I don't mind being asked to stretch or to push to obtain a goal.  In business we call that a BHAG.  Google it if you don't know what that means...

However, even a BHAG needs to feel like it is attainable or the the participants will fall flat and return to their normal routines.

I really hope that is not what is happening here.

#49 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2013 - 20:31

I think incentives to finish in the top 3 or whatever are a great idea as I seem to recall that where there was a reward for a top 3 finish the people who finished in those positions contributed considerably more kills than when there was no top 3 reward...?!

I also believe that there was sufficient warning, via indication , via the forums that an event was impending. I was fairly certain we would get one if not this week then next. Maybe I just have the midas touch for triggering these events, two topics posted two events I am 2/2 B)

#50 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 21:56

I'm sort of ambivalent about a reward for the top 3 contributors as, inevitably, they will be players with the biggest stamina banks. I thought the details of previous winners were on the Wiki, but I can't see them but I know they got kill counts that your average lower level player couldn't even dream of.

I do, however, support a reward for the top 100 contributors as this is much more easily achievable .. maybe 1 (or even 2) extra potion[s] for them if the top tier is achieved or, if not, they get potions from the tier above ...

So, in the current event, if we "only" manage to get 11 million kills, that means that everyone who meets the personal kill requirement will get 1 x Studded Merchant Chest. My proposal would mean that the top 100 contributors got the next tier - i.e - 2 x Padded Noble Chests ...

If that's not an incentive to contribute above and beyond the minimum, I don't know what is :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#51 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 22:11

FS doesn't have so much active players as before, drop the Ruby tier to 14-15M and maybe we can reach it, for now, looks impossible.

#52 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 22:41

We reached 17.5 million because of the zombie brews and legendarys before now we dont have any drop from the zombies indeed also when there is a prize for first three spot the kill point will be higher than today for top 100 and top 3 i guess.. :)

thats not true zombie brews was a diff event and if you check the wiki 17.5 mill isnt the highest we have had to get b4 reason we have done so much on the old ones is because of the prize given to the top 3

#53 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 22:43

Dont blame me I was just at the end of a hunt when I saw the yeoman added.

Id like to make a point with that tho, even with a gain of +97 a hour I will be hard pressed to get 5k kills, with 2 days 14 hours left atm im only gained 1625 stam! Perhaps if it was a goal a player with no hourly gain upgrade could reach there would be more activity. 

Also I may be wrong but it seems the rewards are less than the first time these guys appeared, 1,1,1,2,3 for the tiers??

Then there are the pots inside, it seems to me that I should wait and make sure we hit crystal or ruby before I bother to participate as (and this is just a opinion and constructive feedback please take it that way) to me the level and buffs given for the lower 3 arent worth the stam especially when many buffs at that level are already available for loyalty tokens or even on sale as AH pots. 

Finally we do see a lot more activity when these things are done on a weekend, I know that you guys need time off and also need to be around to make sure they are running good (been lots of lag today BTW) so the work week works better for this but not for participation in it. 

Let me also say that you guys are great and dont have to give us anything and I am by no means griping about it just saying maybe examine the time till its over, the stam it will take and the rewards and maybe do a small change before the end 

and thanks again :)

EDIT adding something we have just worked out, pretty sure base stam with guild upgrades is 70 a hour for a nondonator (please correct me if not its been a long time since I had base stam)

so they,,,

get 1680 in 24 hours, which will be 5920 in 4 days,,maybe just enough if they get good csrv and LF and in a area the creatures are crowded in.

This is assuming they hunt every 8 hours because at 500 max they fill and bleed stam after that.

I just felt the need to point this out because for every global I find a couple nondonators who dont participate and its because they dont get enough stam to do so. And yea everyone knows they dont have to hit the top tier to get something but that point gets lost to people who think they dont need to bother because they cant get the top ones. Is there a way to let us overfill while a event is on? Letting everyone get a full 1680 or more a day will help a lot to encourage participation :)

#54 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 00:44

For the global event if you are in the top 50 you can get (1) unbound chest. This would insure more people to partake in the event; therefore, giving a motivation to player to spend more stamina  rather then just using enough to get 5,000 kills. Raising the required kills can also be an option. 

#55 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:36

extra BOUND chests for top 100 is great idea, unbound chests is not

#56 mathlos

mathlos

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:26

I know hoof had a baby CONGRATS!!! , but if your gonna get my money anytime soon  an impossible goal is so silly.....at least let the top 100 get the max prize....the top 3 thing is all about stamina....for me the biggest thing i noticed is you tried to make the area for the new players easier..THEN stopped...and just made it harder for current players..there are so may ways to not just fix the game but make it fun agian.....no one gvg or pvps any more the bounty system makes no sense because .of the eoc..titan hunting has become kinda a joke bringing done  the ah (titans should be rare, it was fun to bag a titan now its just burning stamina)....my 2 cents which i hope might be worth a nickel on day!

Edited by BigGrim, 22 May 2013 - 09:01.
Inflammatory comments and swearing.

#57 hell07

hell07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Turkey

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:06

thats not true zombie brews was a diff event and if you check the wiki 17.5 mill isnt the highest we have had to get b4 reason we have done so much on the old ones is because of the prize given to the top 3

Pesky Spook

2580b12c7588c805632a95f6c3c6816903e3.jpg

Counts as 1 Kill. 100 spawned per Realm. Requires the Shamhna Spooky Vision potion to see and Spook Smasher Caster to attack. Gained from the new Quest 'Spook Smashers' Which starts in the Cathedral of Ways.

Halloween Revenant

22717a6434ff5fd068634dc1f9e6516d46de.jpg

Counts as 2 Kills. 50 spawned per Realm.

Emaciated Fellow

2600bc11593bc516714fc0a39988475aad0a.jpg

Counts as 5 Kill. 15 spawned per Realm.

As i recall all the ingredients drop from the creatures used in legendary sets so we have reached the desired chest easily indeed 67,559,336 kills but also the event in 4th september first three spots gets an personalized avatar so we can reach the total of 13.907.822 kills if we dont have any target we cant reach the desire chest indeed hades...

#58 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:49

I think a top 3 reward really adds a huge incentive to the global event and it would make sure that the community reaches the ruby tier

Top 3 kill counts for event when there was an incentive =

Top 3 Kill counts for event without the incentive =

That's quite a big difference!!!!!

To see the kill contributors for each event look in game under 'Top Rated' and 'Contributors'

#59 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:31

I think a top 3 reward really adds a huge incentive to the global event and it would make sure that the community reaches the ruby tier

Top 3 kill counts for event when there was an incentive =

Top 3 Kill counts for event without the incentive =

That's quite a big difference!!!!!

To see the kill contributors for each event look in game under 'Top Rated' and 'Contributors'

That's right would be cool if they make reward for top 3 ... a reward as request what you want to see added in scavenging .. potions or sets...etc

#60 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:02

How to kill a zombie:

1. Choose your weapon.
  2. Aim for the head.
  3. Don't miss (or it will eat your brains).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: