Photo

Should we limit creatures you can attack based on Actual Level?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
444 replies to this topic

Poll: Limit Creatures based on Actual Level (399 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we make it so you can only attack creatures a certain number of levels above your Actual Level?

1. Yes (150 votes [37.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.59%

2. No (249 votes [62.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.41%

If so how many levels above do you think we should limit it too?

1. 5 (96 votes [24.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.06%

2. 10 (31 votes [7.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.77%

3. 25 (43 votes [10.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.78%

4. Voted 'No' to Question 1 (229 votes [57.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.39%

Vote

#21 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:24

because someone has already earned that right to hunt that map doesnt matter why they lose lvls through choice or through bounties fact is they still earned that right to be on that map

Yes they have, because they meet the level restriction. What my point is however is that they LOSE that right once they start dropping levels.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#22 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

There isn't an option to do that I don't think sorry. If you pick no, just pick whichever option you think would make more sense in the second question assuming you did say yes in the first :)

Last time BG put up an extra question in the second vote to go around... ie... 0 or I voted no.... along those lines ,oP

#23 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

So what's the problem with travelling the maps, killing the correct creatures for you level?

I mean really, if this is just a cure for boredom, you're trying to tell me that sitting in a single realm, spamming attacks at one creature wayyyy above your level alleviates all your boredom? Give me a break... lol

The problem is that it takes a tremendous amount of work to lose levels, especially if you are trying to drop over 400 like I am at the moment.  It's time consuming, it's expensive and the only reason why I do it is for the reward at the end of it.

I don't do it for boredom.  On the contrary, it's quite thrilling.  I've met several new friends through my deleveling efforts.

Just because I don't play the game the way you do doesn't mean it's wrong.

#24 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:25

I say a definit no to this...

it is totally unfair to do so, if someone chooses to delevel using their stamina to do so, why would they have to be punished for it..also what if they are deleveled due to bounties  that would make it even worse if they then were not even able to level up on the map they are on already..

fair enough if you leave the map you can not reenter until you are correct level, but as long as you are on the map with that said creature you should be able to kill it...

like someone also mentioned before ..if at EOC, it might be just as much fun to delevel to keep playing, as just sat letting stamina overflow..

also poll is wrong..why do we have to choose an option for levels when one is against it in the first place

#25 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:25

Don't really see the problem with it HCS. If I was at EOC I'd probably want to delevel and then level back up again quickly. probably for the extra guild xp and gold!!

If you're able to beat a creature way above your level, you should be able to earn extra XP. Makes sense.

#26 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:26

also cant vote no without choosing a picking a lvl limit on second vote which there isnt a need to if you vote no ..change the poll or is it intended to be rigged

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Last time BG put up an extra question in the second vote to go around... ie... 0 or I voted no.... along those lines ,oP

Ah ok :)

I've added another option to Question 2 now.

#28 Mormon8r

Mormon8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Badge

Yes they have, because they meet the level restriction. What my point is however is that they LOSE that right once they start dropping levels.

So by your logic, if a group of maniacal PvPers focuses on a single player to beat down a couple hundred levels (not by choice)...than said player should be punished with the long and strenuous grind to get back to their VL? 

#29 StarCraft

StarCraft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

You do not get more XP if you attack a creatures level 400 while you are at level 350. The XP changes as your AL changes NOT based on the creature level. 

sy8HCcT.png

#30 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:27

The problem is that it takes a tremendous amount of work to lose levels, especially if you are trying to drop over 400 like I am at the moment.  It's time consuming, it's expensive and the only reason why I do it is for the reward at the end of it.

I don't do it for boredom.  On the contrary, it's quite thrilling.  I've met several new friends through my deleveling efforts.

So you do it for the reward, an easy reward sitting naked on the BB, and then trolling a single creature on a map.

I'm sorry but I don't really see this as a convincing reason as to why it shouldn't be changed. More the opposite really. lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#31 luuutz

luuutz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:28

Is the gained XP/gold for critter calculated by the virtual level or the current one?

Maybe there is a way to prevent deleveled players to regain their XP too fast by recalculating.

#32 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:28

How is it tremendous work to lose levels, when players simply strip naked and  let low levels spam 100 stam attack them?  O_o.  And how is sitting on one creature, attacking it over and over, thrilling?

#33 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:29

I have been at EOC once and it was boring. I had previously thought that when I got there I would do something else like titan hunting. But I am a leveller in and out. And I think many others at EOC are the same. Some alleviate their boredom there by de- and relevelling. I don't understand why this would be considered such a big problem? It is not restricted to certain players, everybody can do it.

If you decide to put a cap on it then I guess we will just see a higher number of delevels, ie. people delevelling 5 levels, relevel, a new 5 level delevel, etc.

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

#34 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

So by your logic, if a group of maniacal PvPers focuses on a single player to beat down a couple hundred levels (not by choice)...than said player should be punished with the long and strenuous grind to get back to their VL? 

You're asking me if a player (any player) should level up using the way the game intended? Going from map to map killing the creatures they come across? Well, yeah?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#35 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

We've leave the poll running for a few days, however please note we'll only make a change if at least 80% of the community agree. :)

#36 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:30

So you do it for the reward, an easy reward sitting naked on the BB, and then trolling a single creature on a map.

I'm sorry but I don't really see this as a convincing reason as to why it shouldn't be changed. More the opposite really. lol

then we'll have to agree to disagree.

#37 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:31

also its mainly hcs own fault players do this as its usually due to boredom sitting there for weeks and weeks with no content if it was released more often like its been promised so many times you would find less ppl doing it ...classic example is the upcoming double xp event when you only have 50 or so lvls to do its gone in a blink of a eye

#38 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Then why should it be changed? You don't seem to be putting up much of an argument. If people want to delevel and re-level up at an easier rate, what's the big deal? It doesn't affect how anyone else plays. It's not like they're cheating.

#39 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Is the gained XP/gold for critter calculated by the virtual level or the current one?

Maybe there is a way to prevent deleveled players to regain their XP too fast by recalculating.

It's based on your Actual Level vs. the creatures level.

#40 chasblade

chasblade

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Why is this even a problem now? As far as I know this has been going on for years. Besides as has already been pointed out the only ppl who do this are EOC players who need something to do with there time/stam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: