Photo

Should we limit creatures you can attack based on Actual Level?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
444 replies to this topic

Poll: Limit Creatures based on Actual Level (399 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we make it so you can only attack creatures a certain number of levels above your Actual Level?

1. Yes (150 votes [37.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.59%

2. No (249 votes [62.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.41%

If so how many levels above do you think we should limit it too?

1. 5 (96 votes [24.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.06%

2. 10 (31 votes [7.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.77%

3. 25 (43 votes [10.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.78%

4. Voted 'No' to Question 1 (229 votes [57.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.39%

Vote

#41 StarCraft

StarCraft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:31

sy8HCcT.png

#42 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:32

Why is everyone complaining about being punished for deleveling? O.o

This would in no way be a punishment for that.

People could still lose levels and regain them to their hearts desire. Just the way it was intended, hitting creatures at your level, travelling map to map. :S

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#43 xanlore

xanlore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:32

I am totally against it. 

#44 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:34

What I do suggest, as a compromis only,  is that you ONLY get XP based on your own Actual level. So if you are level (AL) 360 and you want to attack and creature level 370 you only get xp based on the fact that you are level 360.

I think this would be the best course of action, but only if you can exclude SEs. So people can still delevel and relevel in the same map but they're not going to get 6 million exp from one Champion kill which IMHO is abusing/taking advantage of the fact that you CAN sit in the same realm after deleveling.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#45 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:34

Then why should it be changed? You don't seem to be putting up much of an argument. If people want to delevel and re-level up at an easier rate, what's the big deal? It doesn't affect how anyone else plays. It's not like they're cheating.

I'm not really sure what to say to people who don't see it as a flagrant abuse of the system? It's quite obviously wrong lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#46 StarCraft

StarCraft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:35

Some of you who said yes are just jealous that you did not think of that ;) 

sy8HCcT.png

#47 lepetitred

lepetitred

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:35

I voted NO. I do not do this, but I feel people should have the option to do what they want with there stamina. Leveling is a part of the game and once a person reaches the limit, there is only two other ways to continue leveling, either wait for the new content realease that take forever to come out, or get deleveled and use there stamina to level back. And from what I have noticed a lot of these players level down so much that they use Fsps to get back up. Now how is that in any way bad? It isn't harming anyone in the game, in fact it is helping the game with them donating at times to do this. So in my opinion this should not be an issue and the question should not have been posed, just because people have nothing to do but complain.

#48 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:38

I voted NO. I do not do this, but I feel people should have the option to do what they want with there stamina. Leveling is a part of the game and once a person reaches the limit, there is only two other ways to continue leveling, either wait for the new content realease that take forever to come out, or get deleveled and use there stamina to level back. And from what I have noticed a lot of these players level down so much that they use Fsps to get back up. Now how is that in any way bad? It isn't harming anyone in the game, in fact it is helping the game with them donating at times to do this. So in my opinion this should not be an issue and the question should not have been posed, just because people have nothing to do but complain.

Again, the very act of losing levels and then regaining them isn't an issue, at all.

It's merely how its done that is abusive to the system...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#49 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:40

The proposal to limit the the level of creature wich you can attack, is ridiculous.

It's not solving any problem. If certain players are whining to the Cows for the fun that other players are having in deleveling themselves and releveling, then it's either coming from jealousy or the fact that it eliminates the purpose of bullying which they are fond of. Waste of effort imo.

Let the handful of players have their fun in de-leveling and re-leveling - there are no rules being broken, nor are there any players being placed in a disadvantage.

;-)

#50 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:42

"If it aint broke dont fix it!" I personally dont get de-leveled often, nor have I ever purposely de-leveled myself. The only reason we would need to change how players recover from a de-level is if it breaks the game, and I dont see how it does. I know from experience regaining five levels can take more than a full burn, regardless of what I'm hitting, though being on a higher map helps. At EOC this may be different and we probably should look at it from their perspectives, but I dont think this method of gaining XP breaks the game. They are still spending stamina to gain personal and guild XP. If gaining the extra guild XP is an issue, you could just ensure that players cant gin guild XP while de-leveled. Changing the entire system will just make players who bully others on the board happy, to see them struggle. I'm pretty sure the only people who vote yes have misunderstood the question, or are said bullies.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#51 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:42

I'm not really sure what to say to people who don't see it as a flagrant abuse of the system? It's quite obviously wrong lol

If it was wrong then why did HCS release the potions to enable us to do it?  If there wasn't epic potions around, then it would not be possible.

You keep talking about the intended way things are suppose to be done around here.  Then why release an AM 500 potion if it wasn't intended to let players sit in the same spot and not have to waste stam walking around?

#52 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:43

The proposal to limit the the level of creature wich you can attack, is ridiculous.

It's not solving any problem. If certain players are whining to the Cows for the fun that other players are having in deleveling themselves and releveling, then it's either coming from jealousy or the fact that it eliminates the purpose of bullying which they are fond of. Waste of effort imo.

Let the handful of players have their fun in de-leveling and re-leveling - there are no rules being broken, nor are there any players being placed in a disadvantage.

;-)

Really?

So what about the players who are passionate about their BH medals and have earned them through hard fought battles, only now seeing players able to bash players sitting naked on the BB inviting players to 100 stamina smash them? It's basically the same as people advertising that they are willing to lose in GvG. That was abolished and so should this be.

Not to mention the same applies to people who earned their smasher medals, were now, people are getting free risk-free 100 stamina attacks on these naked BB people...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#53 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:44

How is it tremendous work to lose levels, when players simply strip naked and  let low levels spam 100 stam attack them?  O_o.  And how is sitting on one creature, attacking it over and over, thrilling?

if that is what you are worried about I cant see the reason for it, as if you lose levels while naked, you can only equip items of the level you are at..hence if you are a level 1000 and lose l00 levels due to deleveling on purpose or on bounty board, and are naked at the time or have equipped lower level items, you simply will not be able to use your level 1000 items until you get to level 1000 again...

neither can you swap items if (if they are higher than your level) to go for different creatures. if you have level 1000 items on you have to keep the excact ones on all the time until you get back up..if for any reason you try to unequip something you just cant get it back on again...

#54 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:45

If it was wrong then why did HCS release the potions to enable us to do it?  If there wasn't epic potions around, then it would not be possible.

You keep talking about the intended way things are suppose to be done around here.  Then why release an AM 500 potion if it wasn't intended to let players sit in the same spot and not have to waste stam walking around?

You talk as if using AM500 on a hunt where you level up, walking from realm to realm is the same as dropping hundreds of levels and THEN using AM500 to level back up smashing a single creature 100's of levels above you that you can easily beat (because of these epic potions)

If you truly believe there is no difference in these situations, then there's nothing really for us to talk about I'm afraid.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#55 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:51

Really?

So what about the players who are passionate about their BH medals and have earned them through hard fought battles, only now seeing players able to bash players sitting naked on the BB inviting players to 100 stamina smash them? It's basically the same as people advertising that they are willing to lose in GvG. That was abolished and so should this be.

Not to mention the same applies to people who earned their smasher medals, were now, people are getting free risk-free 100 stamina attacks on these naked BB people...

Yeah, really.

I fought the battles back in the days for the BH medal. I'm one of those. And I am still passionate in switching PvP gear on the BB. It doesn't take away the fact that I don't see anything wrong with de-and re-leveling. GvG and deleveling on the BB aren't the same. You're comparing apples with oranges.

Try to get to your ruby smasher medal - you're bound to take risks. I still see no good argument.

I love you, Doom *hug*

#56 dazriel

dazriel

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Its people hitting creatures on a map they levelled up to reach. I dont see any problem, leave them to it.

#57 Kildek

Kildek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Badge

Hi

I can not see a reason that something needs fixing.

EOC might do this... no harm done, at least it gives them something to do.

As i understand it, there is a lack of master realms so this could mean long walks.

This change would discourage PvP.

It will make it harder on any leveling guild trying to defend themselves in a guild war. There would not only be XP loss, but having to switch areas too.

Xinderoth comes to mind here and there are other areas most do not consider "all that fun".

It would make it even more difficult for leveling guilds to find members who are willing to help out.

Regards,

Kildek

#58 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:55

Yeah, really.

I fought the battles back in the days for the BH medal. I'm one of those. And I am still passionate in switching PvP gear on the BB. It doesn't take away the fact that I don't see anything wrong with de-and re-leveling. GvG and deleveling on the BB aren't the same. You're comparing apples with oranges.

Try to get to your ruby smasher medal - you're bound to take risks. I still see no good argument.

I love you, Doom *hug*

The part I highlighted and made bold. It's quite frustrating that people are getting hung up on this point...

01:42 08/Jun/2013 [ Ignore ] You were victorious over XXXX in combat. [ View Combat ] XP stolen:7,252,081

01:42 08/Jun/2013 [Report  | Ignore  ] XXXX says: please bounty,,i will reimburse,,thank

02:05 08/Jun/2013 To XXXX : Sorry no. If you want to lose levels why don't you just go find the shroud weaver and sit naked hitting it?

02:06 08/Jun/2013 [ Report | Ignore  ] XXXX says: because I`m sitting on a champ that will give me 6 mil xp per kill,,but thanks anyway

THIS is the part that is an obvious abuse of the system.

If people want to drop levels to help their guild cure boredom whatever, then why is it so bad that they would have to level up again in the exact same way that they originally levelled up?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#59 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:57

Actually, your base assumption is wrong. Throughout the game there are creatures that are higher level than the level you are at.

Players that wish to advance faster will hit the higher level creatures. I know there are tons of examples, but I just went through 930 killing level 932 creatures. Karthak at 951 has tons of options.

In any case, you've yet to make an argument for why this is "flagrant abuse". Maybe you should shine some light on the specifics as to why you oppose it so vehemently?

#60 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 17:58

Really?

Now that is an interesting point... ,oP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: