Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2022 - 15:20

Hi there everyone!

New Epic Recipes

Today we have released 11 new recipes that are for upgrading Epic items. These recipes can be found in the Dragon Egg Emporium, in the Drake Haunted Peak, just off the Mountain Path. 

The new recipes are: 

Recipe of Deepwater Amulet,
Recipe of Ogaliths Frigid Grip,
Recipe of Shocking Mace of the Colossus,
Recipe of Blazing Helm of Kojin,
Recipe of The Mask of Horror,
Recipe of Kraganaths Smashing Helm,
Recipe of Razored Legion Breastplate,
Recipe of Razored Viridian Shield,
Recipe of Choker of Azure Light,
Recipe of Ring of Cerulean Death,
&
Recipe of Burgundy Blood Helm.

The items used in these recipes were removed from the auction house before release, ensuring no one sells these items for less than their potential increased worth.

Titan Design Contest 2022

Remember that we have the forum thread for everyone to suggest a new Titan creature with lore, level and background. For full details, please check out the following thread and give us your ideas to be in with a chance of inspiring the creation of a new Titan:

The Fallen Sword Team

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 16:29

Good release,

Edit, nice tweak on the stats ;)

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 September 2022 - 17:53.

#3 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2022 - 17:52

Good release, however i was hoping the epics would have 4:1 stat in line with epic revamp plan to make them slightly more stat relevant. Some of them don't.

This was a large success on the hunted cow epic revamps.

Yeah, must have had a senior moment. I've adjusted all of them bar the Deepwater, which is actually rather too powerful.

~ Grim

#4 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2022 - 17:53

Great that were getting new content, nice job.

#5 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 September 2022 - 20:01

Why dose Razored Legion Breastplate have same stam gain and ex gain as the Ridged Legion Breastplate? or that one just a stat boost ?

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 10:54

Thanks for the new batch !

I would suggest adding 100 hp stat on revamped epics to make them useful in Arena as a filler item

Edited by shindrak, 10 September 2022 - 10:55.

#7 vikingv

vikingv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 11:09

I hope it doesn't take 2 months for these items to get to the Guide

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 September 2022 - 09:32

I would suggest adding 100 hp stat on revamped epics to make them useful in Arena as a filler item

Not as bad idea. Anyone else in agreement with this proposal?

~ Grim

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2022 - 10:15

Not as bad idea. Anyone else in agreement with this proposal?

~ Grim

Given the boosted stats and the same level requirement (assuming the level requirement hasn't changed) then there's no need to make them even more powerful ?

I think as booster items they're gonna be very overpowered as it is

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 16:04

Given the boosted stats and the same level requirement (assuming the level requirement hasn't changed) then there's no need to make them even more powerful ?

Please explain how are they going to be overpowered?

The new cow epics all have hp stat and they still can't match with LE /SE sets and we aren't looking to make them as powered as full sets.

The point is to make epics really epic .

I think you missed this thread  https://forums.hunte...showtopic=77634

What did we get from revamping epics?

1. More active titan hunting and SE hunting for misc items.

2. Better value of epics
3. More stamina gain across all levels, more stamina gain means more activity
4. Inventor II doesn't work on those recipes which are good to burn some of the flooded epics in the game.

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 17:05

Adding a 3rd stat to an item actually decreases the overall stats of an item. Hell-forging is % based and it gets split another way. This would actually be a nerf in overall stats regard.

4:1 scaling is not overpowered there was a whole write up on this. The upgraded cow epics have been in the game for months and this proved true in practice.

I would much rather prefer HP to be added to epics through crafting bonus. People can choose if they want HP a third stat or not (Player choice is great whenever we can have it). Is this possible BG?

For example if you craft it perfect it will add the +100 HP but anything below would be no hp?

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 September 2022 - 17:09.

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2022 - 20:31

Please explain how are they going to be overpowered?

Not like for like forge but ..

Mace of the Colossus .. L700 .. Attack 674, Damage 1275 (stats from AH)
Shocking Mace of the Colossus .. L700 .. Attack 1274, Damage 1926 (stats from the AH)

You don't think that the shocking mace, when used as a filler (if indeed it is, but just used this particular one as an example) doesn't already give a MASSIVE advantage to the owner ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 21:27

Shocking Mace of the Colossus .. L700 .. Attack 1274, Damage 1926 (stats from the AH)

You don't think that the shocking mace, when used as a filler (if indeed it is, but just used this particular one as an example) doesn't already give a MASSIVE advantage to the owner ?

If you are talking about Arena

It is all about your choice of gears, it is hard to make yourself an advantage when everyone can use the same items you can use.

I'm not going to say those items as filler items are not strong !

But tell me, what is the difference between epic-allowed and non-epic-allowed tourneys?

Currently in both kinds of tourneys, epics are way useless because they can't match with LE/SE sets combined even as a filler sometimes.

This proves again why epics needed buff and you could look into Toreth's thread for more details.

Edited by shindrak, 13 September 2022 - 09:32.

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 21:41

I've had a hard time creating an example for you, because weapon slot breaks so many pivotal sets in this range. But here is the results.

As you can see without the epic we have a total of ~165k stats

PU0Dkx7.png

With the epic weapon we have only a total of ~146k stat

H6ouzaB.png

This is about a 20k stat drop by putting on the new upgraded weapon. I even used EW 1725 to take advantage of a weapon slot with high stats. This is not overpowered and anyone using this as a filler item to hunt or PvP is doing it wrong.

Here is the buff levels i was using incase you are curious. If you are wondering why such the drop off in stat it's quite simple. Many buffs only activate if you are wearing all set items. Epics are not set items so various buffs don't boost stats

tQUwGn4.png

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 September 2022 - 13:48.

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 14:17

Adding a 3rd stat to an item actually decreases the overall stats of an item. Hell-forging is % based and it gets split another way. This would actually be a nerf in overall stats regard.

4:1 scaling is not overpowered there was a whole write up on this. The upgraded cow epics have been in the game for months and this proved true in practice.

I would much rather prefer HP to be added to epics through crafting bonus. People can choose if they want HP a third stat or not (Player choice is great whenever we can have it). Is this possible BG?

For example if you craft it perfect it will add the +100 HP but anything below would be no hp?

Is there any updates on if this feature is possible through the crafting system? This would be super ideal for adding HP to epics through it.

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2022 - 14:27

Unfortunately, crafting is less than ideal after items are released. Messing with crafting tends to utterly bork any items made prior to the change, thus why I'd add it directly to the item. Nothing messes up then.

~ Grim

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 14:30

Unfortunately, crafting is less than ideal after items are released. Messing with crafting tends to utterly bork any items made prior to the change, thus why I'd add it directly to the item. Nothing messes up then.

~ Grim

Okay but is it a possibility to say make an item have +100 hp at perfect and at excellent not have it?

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2022 - 15:08

Nope. That's not how the system works I'm afraid. That's why I said I'd add it to stats directly.

~ Grim

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 15:20

Nope. That's not how the system works I'm afraid. That's why I said I'd add it to stats directly.

~ Grim

Okay, thought there may have been because how Raggg items work. Depending on crafting determines if HP is on the item. 

#20 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 00:11

~ Grim

Some players concern that the forging bonus will be spread on 4 stats and that will decrease the value of att/def/arm/dmg stats  ..

For example with and without hp

~Item 1~ 200 Atk 400 Dmg 100 HP 100 Stam

~After forges~ 225 Atk 425 Dam 125 HP 125 Stam

~Item 2~ 200 Attack 400 Damage 100 Max Stam
~after forges~ 233 Attack 433 Damage 133 Stam

This is how the forges formula works the fewer stats are better for forging bonuses.

What I would ask is! , 

Is it possible to add the hp stat but exclude it from forging?

Treat it like XP/Stamina gain stat they are excluded from forging bonus

I think this is easier than reworking on craft system

Edited by shindrak, 15 September 2022 - 06:14.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: