• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#21 sbaunoch

sbaunoch

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:24

Is there any way we can get component Folders like we do for items ??

Would be a huge upgrade for us that make items...

#22 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:38

Does 'challenging' mean mandatory quests? (Which really means annoying, having to constantly enable/disable doubler, especially during an XP event)

Or does 'challenging' mean interesting stat configurations on creeps?

Or, theoretically, something else?

#23 spons369

spons369

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:45

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this! Just a quick question, though. The double XP event is coming on the 21st and running through the 23rd (Unless it's first thing the 21st and running through the end of the 22nd). The content update is coming before Christmas which can be anytime between now and the 24th. Is there a chance the content update will come out the 23rd or 24th of December after the double xp event is over?

+1 Would be nice to know if the mega content will be released at the same time as the xp event.

Overall nice updates, looking forward to buying some upgrades, leveling through the content with the event, searching for gold and clearing some bounties ( from gold hits) :) kudos.

+1 also would love to know if mega content will be released before double xp end or after.... Great update on the other stuff though!

#24 fs_nimav

fs_nimav
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:50

any news about gold upgrades reset at 00:00 daily ?

#25 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:50

Thought we agreed to leave the PVP protection as is? I for one don't want to have to interrupt my hunt to depo gold
and I don't wanna be attacked while I'm hunting.
I don't PVP and shouldn't have to be a target
Keep PVP to those who opt in!

You thought wrong. Take a look again and try to read the stuff that you didnt agree with too, including the poll. There is no opt in to pvp. :)

Bravo.

#26 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:52

Please make the extra 50 levels content pop up when the xp event starts. I'm sure everyone else would agree this is the kindest gesture towards our addiction. ;)
And please don't make the quests as requirements to pass certain areas, as it will eat away at our expensive potions. I'd love to complete them after all the slaying is over.

Thanks for all the effort, hoofsters! Can't wait!

#27 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:54

Having been doing a hell of a lot of leveling of late, I can tell you right now that I repair constantly and deposit my gold into my bank. It's what the bank is there for. .

BG, With all due respect, may I ask how many deposits you have? Little bit harder to do that when the donating player has to pay 50 fsp per deposit upgrade. Not going to be so easy for a new player to get his gold deposited. And they can't send to an offline guild member with gold protection anymore.

Thanks for the other updates though, looking forward to enjoying most of them.

#28 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:54

Good Morning Everyone! I am nursing a cold which will only make me more of a windbag than normal - feel free now to scroll past my inevitable wall of text.

I am a respond in order kind of guy this morning, so will take all of Hoof's announcements in order.

Double XP event Coolio - I can second Xoulou's and Maehdros' curiosity about if it occurs pre or post release of new 50 levels of content, but either way it will be great - as the majority of players are not at EOC yet! (Obviously I'd prefer it if...)

XP Protection Okay folks, a change is a happenin'. This game lived long time before PvP protection with gold defence was added, it shall survive after the gold protection is removed. Take a deep breath and wait to see how it plays out. We players are rather fond of trotting out DOOMSDAY scenarios. (On any side of an argument) I'm for letting HCS see how it rolls and adjusting as they see fit. Watch player activity, the MP, the BB, come to your own conclusions, but remember HCS has ALL the data.

More Gold Upgrades Hoof - please don't make me regret lashing out 50 FSP a pop to max my gold deposits. As long as the bank deposits cost a LOT (maybe slightly more than the nominal 125K to FSP ratio that the gold upgrades seem to be set at) I won't cry into my lemsip too much. And of course if these gold upgrades are in ADDITION to existing deposits, then maybe I won't feel as bad as I'll have the option to buy more too. (See! I have naked self interest too!!) Component slots.... inventing.... hmmm I wonder if that has anything to do with the new content....

Returning Players Groovy! Now if only I was FB enabled and could track down my old friends and guildies...

Mega Content Update I knew it! I knew Grim had hinted at this and thought it would hit at 1550-1600! Sweet! (I also do self-congratulation, and recognise it is an ugly thing) I LOVE heavily themed (stories! yay!) And am intrigued by the idea of "challenge". Crazily altered beast stats that cause angst and gear changes every other level, or maybe even *gasp* necessitate 2 hitting would be fun. I personally am not averse to quest locked areas of progression, and somewhat evil amounts of elite, and/or new SE kill requirements, which will surely throw a spanner in the works of those hoping to uber pot and hammer through the new content in 2 hours tops, me included. Horrible inventing rates from rare multiple elite drops to make gears to complete quests to unlock the 1570 levels?? I can hear the screams of protest echoing back to us from the future! And it makes me smile! (for the record - I never finished the Dreadlord quest due to the whole elemental key thing - I keep 'meaning' to go back to it. If the new content has that sort of challenge built in to unlock new content and slow us down a) I would be sad, B) I would buckle down and do it because c) it would be a challenge. We constantly want challenges, but then yodel for nerfs when they arrive. I welcome the idea of a challenge that would be the same for all - new content we will all get to go through if we persevere - go for it Grim!) I see folk are already asking for no quest locked areas! LOL!!!

Christmas Content Well, as if I don't have enough to save my stamina for!!

Thank you guys, I appreciate the hard work you put in. Merry Christmas!!

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,816 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:56

Little bit harder to do that when the donating player has to pay 50 fsp per deposit upgrade.

More Gold Upgrades

We'll be adding more Gold Upgrades later tonight which will allow you to buy more Bank Deposits per day and Component Slots.

With the above additions, I'm sure they'll do fine.

#30 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:01

Good Morning...

I do so enjoy the rare, well-thought-out, levelheaded post on the forums.

#31 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:03

Little bit harder to do that when the donating player has to pay 50 fsp per deposit upgrade.

More Gold Upgrades

We'll be adding more Gold Upgrades later tonight which will allow you to buy more Bank Deposits per day and Component Slots.

Thanks for the reply. We'll see how much the gold cost is for a deposit upgrade, but hard to imagine being able to hold enough gold for the deposit upgrade without being attacked first. But let's wait and see how much it costs first.

#32 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:04

We'll be removing the gold protection from the upgrade.

Bravo!

#33 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:13

but hard to imagine being able to hold enough gold for the deposit upgrade without being attacked first.

Bid in the AH. Use Deflect.

#34 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:24

More Gold Upgrades

I know we haven't seen the price yet, but I would like to suggest HCS to make the ability to pay in rates for example 50k - 100k etc when ever you wish to pay a part (this should also help the new players to afford the upgrades over time without risk of lose the gold) hopefully if this was implemented it would state as followed:

61,352/x.xxx.xxx gold has been paid - and when you succesfully pay the rest (in rates or in full payment) you will achieve the upgrade

When that's said I would like to thank you HCS for the contests coming up, and all the new additions you're adding

Cheers

Centus

#35 Dizy

Dizy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • French Polynesia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:27

great like all my x-masses at once, exciting to see what happens with the gold protect lifted, double xp, x-mas quests and more gold upgrades :D

Returning Players

We're planning to implement a feature which we'll make available now and again to allow you to send your friends and guild members who no longer play the game a special link to invite them back. If they return and play for at least 30 days, you and your friend will both get an exclusive reward! We'll be announcing more details on this soon.

how about an fsp for every day they been inactive, and double if they are still on your friends list :roll:

HCSsigi001.jpg

#36 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:28

I know we haven't seen the price yet, but I would like to suggest HCS to make the ability to pay in rates for example 50k - 100k etc when ever you wish to pay a part (this should also help the new players to afford the upgrades over time without risk of lose the gold) hopefully if this was implemented it would state as followed:

61,352/x.xxx.xxx gold has been paid - and when you succesfully pay the rest (in rates or in full payment) you will achieve the upgrade

Now, there is an excellent idea.

+1

#37 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:34

Now, there is an excellent idea.

+1

Got to say I like that idea also - if the gold total for the upgrade is intimidatingly huge it would be great to chip away at it by putting gold in when you can, and does allow folk who could never stockpile that amount of gold to eventually earn the upgrade. It gives lower level GF's who want extra deposits for their guilds a chance to earn it. That was why I got the bank deposits in the first place.

And once the gold has gone into the upgrade it cannot be withdrawn so it is still an effective gold sink, just not an all at once gold sink.

#38 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:36

Help the new players? No problem. The first month of playing the game only.

#39 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:45

i wish i could get my holiday donation now so i can put it too max stam so i dont overflow before the xp event. :(

#40 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:47

Wow! Sounds like you've been listening to what the players want!

Thanks cows, this is much appreciated.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: