Photo

Fallensword's Future Paralleled with Eldevins?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 NOOSE

NOOSE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2017 - 00:41

While waiting on Stam Regen, as any normal person I checked my accounts on SS2 and Eldevin just to see what is new and different. I was greeted in eldevin with a total of 73 people online, and in Sigmastorm, only 2, myself being one of course. The thing that concerns me is that both games were released post Fallensword and received a well reception with Fallensword players. Now we all understand SS2 failed due to lack of attention and it's off the wall setting, play style, and player interactions, or perhaps simply the community just wasn't "into" it.

Eldevin, the latest and greatest from our friends in the pasture, utilizing all available technology such as the 3d play style, open world, and quite simply everything else that makes "similar games" so....popular/successful. Perhaps not a failure, but simply just not blossomed yet. This game has actually received less content than fallensword, and rightfully so.

Simply stated, with the constant distractions of the mobile games development for HCS, the massive amount of content development for both SS2 and Eldevin that are currently ongoing, there is hardly and time left to work on fallensword. (which to this date still has more active players & "Subscribers" than the rest of the HCS games combined) We do not "need" a new game with the changing of each season.

We, as a community, could fill a hard drive with ideas and fixes for the game, and we are not asking for 800 levels of content each year. But we have our needs! Their is a vast array of things marked "in progress" within the game, and the same rewards and challenges players have faced since joining. Fallensword has what no other game does, and it's the reason it is so hard for players to leave, there is just no other game like it; it's style, community, grinding, EXPERIENCE, and support of devs.

Please Hoof/Grim; put a team on our game to develop it and it's content, don't let this continue with the two of you working on content for an hour, twice a week, when you meet in a coffee shop. It's what is necessary for new players to join, and thus players to pay for points, which keeps you in business!

PS...FS has 340 online at the moment. Don't waste time looking at your quarterly P&L statement, the numbers and trends on your website should tell you which is the money maker.

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:20

wow, that is a lot of words

#3 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:28

I have a few problems with the current state of Fallensword honestly.

I lost my account for almost three years. Three years had almost passed since I last logged in. Yet, in that time, all that's changed as far as I can tell is the EOC cap, some minor PVP changes, daily quests, buffs and new Epics. Which actually isn't too terrible in retrospect, but kinda concerning. I mean, I logged back in and immediately noticed that the achievements tab hadn't been changed or updated. No new tier's of medals had been added to the game. The same legendaries, sales and Globals have been recycled over and over again. Also, the "new" buffs added in the Auction House haven't even been added into the game.

I'm glad to see new Epic gear in the game, but there is so much more potential with it. We have the "tiered" system for the Inferno Hammer which I feel is a step in the right direction. I love the concept of composing and all it's grown to be, but we could probably have even more in that regard which wouldn't be that hard to look into.

I'd love to see a sorting system for guild stores to be able to search for rarity. Being able to quickly locate rares, uniques and legendary equipment would be very nice and I assume easy to implement.

It'd be great if they brought more people to work on FS. I've came back to this game time and time again because I love the community and I love the people around it. But, the less work they put into it, the less I feel compelled to stick around everyday. I mean, if nothing will really change, it'll just get stagnant. I'd love to see new content, new skills explored, new "epic" quests and more. It'd make me more excited to log on everyday. The quests are nice and all, but it really only takes maybe 20 minutes to an hour to do them.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#4 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:40

Fallensword filled a niche, Eldevin did not and Sigmastorm 2 was pretty much an inferior version of Fallensword.

Fallensword is a game that you can play for as little as 10 seconds at a time. Eldevin is just another mmo lost in a sea of mmo's. There are plenty of better mmo's which are also free, so why would people be expected to flock to Eldevin?

Edited by SirAdmiral, 22 February 2017 - 03:41.

#5 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:57

Sigmastorm 2 was pretty much an inferior version of Fallensword.

SS2 was, in some ways, a fallensword V2.0 - some of the problems in FS which are the source of constant threads here from unhappy players were resolved in that game

"inferior" applies to the attention given to it from developers

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:47

Please see here:

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75151

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:49

Also we're in the process of hiring someone dedicated to player support to help free up more development time :)

(See here: https://forums.hunte...53#entry977004)

:)

#8 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 00:50

And to think i was banned from global chat for basically saying the same thing about the games that this company has and how they were handled ,i still log into SS 2 from time to time but have given up on Eldevin  , i still keep hoping for things to change like updating the quests and new medals and levels .The place need a few new coders or something to try to keep up with what is needed now for us the true faithful players that are still supporting the game .Thanks for the chance to blow off a little steam ..

Live Long and Prosper ....

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:00

Please check Hoof's #6 and #7 posts for answers to your questions.

My two cents: This post needs to be locked. This is an FS forum... not for discussing other games even if they are HCS'.

@hbk's #3. Well, totally off topic. Why don't you start another post? Really, you could copy/paste it. Then we could bother to respond.

Edited by Egami, 24 February 2017 - 01:06.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:59

Hi there.

Hoofmaster has given his response. This thread is closed.

~ Grim

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: