62 replies to this topic

#41 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:00

if I ever get stuck, I just go to browser and move a square..

would be nice if I didn't have to refresh creature list to see if Aninal Magnetism kicked in.. but over all, worked nice farming some plants.. I've gone diagonal through walls in some areas.. one of the Ramdal caves.. MOST glad to hear that tapping on a spot to move will eventfully be there :) that's a make it or break it for enjoyment with titan farming..

#42 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:04

Tower of syndorell is Buged for me, it's always black and I have to use teleport to get out.

Thank you for reporting, issue has been reproduced and fixed. Will work in next build.

Cheers,

kami

#43 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:57

I have to say seeing FS on mobile for Android is nice. I'm a newbie still but I'll certainly play this during my lunch break at work!

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#44 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:28

I noticed last night when I did my DQ that when you move diagonally, the screen does a little "shake" thing.  At first I thought it was a malfunction of my phone, so I installed the app on my tablet as well.  The same thing happened on it. It's not constant, just intermittent and happens primarily in the SW quadrant of the map.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#45 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2018 - 13:00

I noticed last night when I did my DQ that when you move diagonally, the screen does a little "shake" thing.  At first I thought it was a malfunction of my phone, so I installed the app on my tablet as well.  The same thing happened on it. It's not constant, just intermittent and happens primarily in the SW quadrant of the map.

HI Penny,

I have just looked into your issue and I think I know whats happening. As you may have noticed, the camera auto moves to the player when a move command is given. This auto move happens even if the camera is only slightly off the player which causes a "Shake" effect. 

Now for the interesting part. I couldn't understand why this was happening when you are moving your player and not interacting with the map. It was then that I realised that there is a slight gap between the movement panel and the edge of the screen meaning that it is possible for your finger to slip off the movement buttons and onto map scrolling without realising. As this is just a small gap it is near impossible for the human eye to detect the move, but the app can and will move the camera back to the players position on the next movement command causing a shake. I hope that makes sense? 

Thank you for reporting this issue Penny, I never noticed this was happening and it was a fun puzzle to work out why. We will look for a fix and hopefully have it out to you all in the next update.

Conix :)

#46 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 22:59

Just wondering,, still,,, only because thats another thing that came up got discussed and nothing ever was heard on it again,,, what did Hoof decide about the app? Will it be a new restart for all or must we use these accounts?

Its a bit important because it is being noticed as I play on my break and people are asking. The overwhelming feedback is IF we are all starting over a few new players would be interested. If not,,, they arent. One friend should be using my recruit link tonight just to check it out now but even He isnt really about how far behind He will start although I have explained that just means a lot of people have donated enough gear to level pretty much for free to 2500 or so!

Felt this really needs to be added as feedback both from me and potential app users, we all play,,,, well the cows can ask me what,, on our lunch together now. They all kinda gave that eyeroll and meh when I mention FS is 10 years old and would not try any app with that kind of age. Other specific feedback from people that never saw FS,, They like it,, in fact a general consensus is its a lot different from all the vanilla stuff thats got a million clones out there nowdays. They love some of the extras,, please make sure titan and SE hunting are ready at launch because its going to bring in people! They are really interested in the crafting (we call it inventing here) of gear and potions too! These things set them apart from most of whats out there now. You need to really step up GvG and PvP game tho It falls behind most of what apps offer especially with war systems (hate to bear that bad news)

(anyone else please respect their rules here and dont ask me what app it is,, a hint its #3 on a certian ranking site for new apps)

Edited by watagashi, 28 March 2018 - 23:05.

#47 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:47

Grendeldog, I'm fairly certain it was decided that a second character would not be allowed. 

That said, if the app (when finished with all current FS features) was launched on a completely separate server where all players start from new, with no upgrades or previous donations, and no interaction possible between the browser version and the app version, then maybe a second account would be possible.  This would certainly help pad out the numbers as there is sure to be a lot that would like a second go at the game, and experienced players in the mix would be able to help the newcomers understand the complexity of the game. 

I rather doubt there would be many that would like an enforced restart in the browser version to accommodate new app players, as for many that would equate to a lot of wasted investment in both time and real money :(

For players that are already confined to their 'phones or tablets the app would need to be released without a return to the start for the current servers as well.

#48 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 19:18

At work on incog mode and cant quote or copy the link, the last I heard on this subject from admin was Hoof talking about it in the "app update Jan 2017" post. He said its a bit off and they would think about it until the app was closer to release.

And now its closer,,,or at least a year later. So I was wondering if they had time to think about it especially with all the feedback I'm getting from people who may be interested in the app. They are all very against the idea of starting a game that's 10 years old in player base so its a suggestion that a restart would be good for all

#49 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 19:46

Later in that thread, I believe Hoof said they had scrapped the second account/server idea for the time being, but that it MAY be revisited at a future time... I may be wrong and dreamed that though.  As of this date, though, it will remain one character per person, and nodes/servers will be common for all regardless of whether they are using browser or app.  (BG could probably clear this up for us)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#50 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 23:46

OK now im home,, its this thread

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=74971

This is the last I can find on the subject, anyone who wants to dig through the forum posts for the last year and find a newer post saying its been decided please share!

I'm not saying we will or won't do it at the moment, just we'll need to give it some thought closer to when the app is nearly ready  :)

Lol something like that yeah  :D

Id just like to know if this is something that may or may not happen or if its been decided and if so what

Edited by watagashi, 29 March 2018 - 23:47.

#51 Merlin49

Merlin49

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:36

Hi
Is there an IOS link yet please?
Merlin

#52 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 13:32

A fully restarted gameplay would not go down well at all so certainly won't happen. Many have invested time and money into their character so that would be very badly received.

It was thought about as a secondary server for a new character. Fully against this idea. We have always been strict about 1 character per player. I don't want to see the integrity of the came compromised for the sake of a potential few who like the idea of starting again on an equal playing field. It wouldn't stay even for long anyway. Donators will still surpass all others. The same will happen again anyway so why bother. Let's just focus on making our game as good as we can make it. The app will hopefully be very successful in bringing people to the existing game. And hopefully thereafter we can change it for the better.

There are tons of ideas being discussed on the forum that seem to go unheeded. Let's invest time into those and discuss what direction to take the game in in order to improve it. Not waste time on this nonsense. 

#53 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 15:30

A fully restarted gameplay would not go down well at all so certainly won't happen. Many have invested time and money into their character so that would be very badly received.

It was thought about as a secondary server for a new character. Fully against this idea. We have always been strict about 1 character per player. I don't want to see the integrity of the came compromised for the sake of a potential few who like the idea of starting again on an equal playing field. It wouldn't stay even for long anyway. Donators will still surpass all others. The same will happen again anyway so why bother. Let's just focus on making our game as good as we can make it. The app will hopefully be very successful in bringing people to the existing game. And hopefully thereafter we can change it for the better.

There are tons of ideas being discussed on the forum that seem to go unheeded. Let's invest time into those and discuss what direction to take the game in in order to improve it. Not waste time on this nonsense. 

would you rather play a new launched game and notice, there are players that are 10 years with 10 year of investment, or have a fresh start in a fresh game? You know they spend time and resources into making the app? how will it fund the costs? this game has potential to become one of the best apps ever made online based, and people spend thousand upon thousands of dollar into cheapest and most dumb apps. This game has potential to grow so big, they probably be forced to have more than one or two servers. Todays gamers expect a catch up mechanic, this is core of every game nowdays, I know its sad and that you feel abandoned, if they chose to open a side server, but its for the health of the game, its old, it needs a new and fresh go.

in 4 years Grim n CO. are swiming in money, Mark my words!

#54 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 15:34

BUG REPORT:

Attributes cant be placed, it resets all the time.

#55 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 15:49

BUG REPORT:

Attributes cant be placed, it resets all the time.

Thanks for reporting, this is fixed and will be working in the next build.

#56 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 17:25

would you rather play a new launched game and notice, there are players that are 10 years with 10 year of investment, or have a fresh start in a fresh game? You know they spend time and resources into making the app? how will it fund the costs? this game has potential to become one of the best apps ever made online based, and people spend thousand upon thousands of dollar into cheapest and most dumb apps. This game has potential to grow so big, they probably be forced to have more than one or two servers. Todays gamers expect a catch up mechanic, this is core of every game nowdays, I know its sad and that you feel abandoned, if they chose to open a side server, but its for the health of the game, its old, it needs a new and fresh go.

in 4 years Grim n CO. are swiming in money, Mark my words!

At this point in FS those who remain after all this time are unquestionably the most loyal players. Despite content never seemingly forthcoming and despite the plain lack of development we have stayed in hope of better. Throwing away your loyal player base is moronic for any game. A catch up mechanic is indeed a good idea. A separate server is no answer to that. I'd be totally game to see a mechanic for levels 1 - 1,000 on an improved XP formula and then a lesser but still improved rate from 1,001 - 2,000. 

I agree it must be demoralising to begin this game and immediately realise there are players 3,600 levels above you. But we can do something about that within this existing format. No need for cheapening of this great game.

Any new server would inherit the same problems we have currently. The flaws in various aspects of the game remain the same. The content never forthcoming will remain a problem. Won't be that long before there are many choking at EOC in 2 servers. Then once again it will drive the players away. You might get 6 months to 1 year of novelty before it wears off. Instead fix the problems and make this game as great as you say yourself it could be.

No band aids or stupid second servers. Fix the problems. There's your solution.

#57 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 18:37

We seem to be stuck in a login loop.  I tried both on my phone and tablet and got the same result.  The screen stops at logging in and goes no further.  So I tried uninstalling on both devices and still nothing happens.  My tablet is an Alcatel one touch and my phone is a coolpad catalyst.   I think someone else ran into this on the previous version.    Anyway I thought you should know about this.

In other news, Josh is right on.  I'm one of the oldest players here, and I certainly don't want to throw away 11 years of character development and start over to use the app, and dividing new players from the veterans of the game benefits no one.   Yes, the game needs improvement, any game does.  

I play a lot of games, and the ones that have multiple servers are full of the alts of veterans from the previous servers, then after a while they start merging them to increase server populations.  This leads to those veterans and their alts to start running rough shod over the newer ones.   This is not fun, and I have quit many a game because of it.....

This app is supposed to serve 2 purposes in my opinion:

1 Bring in more new players from a new market,  your app store.

2 Give those of us that only have a phone or tablet to the ability to play on a format that is more efficient and convenient than the standard browser.   

If we strive to help new players learn the game, and if hoof releases more packages for new players such as the booster pack EoC will be something to strive for rather than a seemingly impossible task.

Edited by BadPenny, 14 April 2018 - 18:46.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#58 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:24

This may need looking into.  

9XPiHSt.jpg

I'm trying to enter the 1275 map.  That's what happens when I tap on the map itself.

When I tap the box for it, it tells me that I must be lvl 1278....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#59 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 14:20

This may need looking into.  

9XPiHSt.jpg

I'm trying to enter the 1275 map.  That's what happens when I tap on the map itself.

When I tap the box for it, it tells me that I must be lvl 1278....

Thank you for testing the functionality and reporting it, we looked over this one, it seems to be a live-only issue and should be fixed when the next build is released. Please let us know if it happens again after 0.3(soon) and how to reproduce it.

cheers,

kami

#60 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 00:28

you're welcome.  I live in a 100% mobile environment, so the app is important to me.   I'm really excited that you're making progress, and it's an honor to play a tiny part in that.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: