Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:46

Hi all,

We've just released the next beta of the Fallen Sword App on Android! You can opt-in to the Android beta using the link below and download it now!

Here's what's new / improved in v0.2.0:

- Added markers to the map (quest, stairway, portal etc.).
- Actions on the map can now be refreshed
- Improved player movement (much smoother!).
- Improved backpack (now has filters
- Quests can now be advanced on the map.
- Added Notepad
- Added Questbook
- Added Top Rated
- Added Level Up (assigning level up points)
- Added Bank
- Added Temple
- Added Mailbox
- Added Instant Portal

We're hoping to release an update to the beta on iOS next week - if your interested in trying out the beta on iOS, please click here and fill out your information so we can send you an invite via TestFlight once it's ready!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:52

Oh goody.... 

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:58

Oh goody.... 

Please let us know what you think once you try it out :)

#4 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:05

Nice to see you guys working late to ready the app for release.

Hope you get some good feedback so we can move forward with this. :)

#5 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:06

Interface works pretty smoothly, got stuck in the notepad for a little bit. Temple, top rated and logs/mailbox? did not work when I tried them.

Edited by Leos3000, 23 March 2018 - 02:09.

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:12

Interface works pretty smoothly, got stuck in the notepad for a little bit. Temple, top rated and logs/mailbox? did not work when I tried them.

What happened when you tried to open them? Can you also let me know what Android (inc. version) you're trying it on?

#7 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:18

What happened when you tried to open them? Can you also let me know what Android (inc. version) you're trying it on?

When I clicked those 3 things nothing happened. Just got a galaxy S9 so on newest possible version. I believe it is 8.0

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:20

When I clicked those 3 things nothing happened. Just got a galaxy S9 so on newest possible version. I believe it is 8.0

Is that the buttons within the menu (the one with a cog on it in the top middle)? The other buttons to the far left and right are intentionally disabled at the moment.

#9 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:23

Also the backpack seems to sort everything by how old/long it has been in my pack vs item level in the browser version. Makes it harder to find items, but not impossible.

#10 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:27

Is that the buttons within the menu (the one with a cog on it in the top middle)? The other buttons to the far left and right are intentionally disabled at the moment.

Yes, I did access those items from clicking the cog in the middle and where they did not work when I clicked on them.

#11 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:38

Not sure if you corrected an issue, but they just started working now.

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2018 - 02:48

Also the backpack seems to sort everything by how old/long it has been in my pack vs item level in the browser version. Makes it harder to find items, but not impossible.

The icons at the bottom of the backpack section let you change the ordering. We're going to be adding a preference to let you set the default ordering in the future though :)

#13 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:25

2z86f6v.png

2vjsuqg.png

the top pic is what I got when I tried to push the button to climb the stairs.. the one by the movement buttons?..

why can't I point and click to move on map?

..the bottom is what I get when I keep pressing the climb stairs button, and can't use app again.. won't let me cancel.. stuck

Edited by RebornJedi, 23 March 2018 - 09:12.

#14 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:59

2z86f6v.png

2vjsuqg.png

the top pic is what I got when I tried to push the button to climb the stairs.. the one by the movement buttons?..

why can't I point and click to move on map?

..the bottom is what I get when I keep pressing the climb stairs button, and can't use app again.. won't let me cancel.. stuck

Hi RebornJedi, thank you for the feedback, I was able to reproduce the issue and we're looking on how to fix it. Please use the browser to move out of that area to use the app for now :)

Cheers,

kami

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:12

Stuff!

I've scooted you out of the realm for now.

~ Grim

#16 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 13:18

Having real trouble reading the screen on my pixel 2 droid 8.1

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 March 2018 - 14:37

Tried it out early this morning.  The map is great, I was able to just move all over the place.  I figured out how to order the backpack, however was unable to equip/use any items when I tried them.  I found my mailbox, but as yet I am unable to access the logs.  

I am using a Coolpad Catalyst phone, and the screen is 4.5 in, and text is very small.  So it is difficult to read details about creatures and such.  I will add the app to my larger tablet but I need to clear storage space first.

I will do a more thorough check later as I muddle my way through Karthak, but I need to build some stam and gold again before I continue through there.  Maybe I'll get a walking or kill "x" critter DQ.  I'm also interested in how well this works for Titans, I may work on that a bit as well as I'm currently accumulating TKP on the Guardian of Elements, and it will also be a good way to see how well a dark realm will work.

Edited by BadPenny, 23 March 2018 - 14:39.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#18 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 15:19

Tried it out early this morning.  The map is great, I was able to just move all over the place.  I figured out how to order the backpack, however was unable to equip/use any items when I tried them.  I found my mailbox, but as yet I am unable to access the logs.  

I am using a Coolpad Catalyst phone, and the screen is 4.5 in, and text is very small.  So it is difficult to read details about creatures and such.  I will add the app to my larger tablet but I need to clear storage space first.

I will do a more thorough check later as I muddle my way through Karthak, but I need to build some stam and gold again before I continue through there.  Maybe I'll get a walking or kill "x" critter DQ.  I'm also interested in how well this works for Titans, I may work on that a bit as well as I'm currently accumulating TKP on the Guardian of Elements, and it will also be a good way to see how well a dark realm will work.

Thank you for the feedback, could you please tell us the steps take to use/equip the items and the results? Any error messages?

Cheers,

kami

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 15:44

I'm getting the same error that I posted above whenever I try to go into a realm with a Titan.. if I use the browser to exit Titan realm, I can use app again.. just trying to hunt a Titan to see how it feels

Edited by RebornJedi, 23 March 2018 - 15:45.

#20 kamicazer7

kamicazer7

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 16:12

I'm getting the same error that I posted above whenever I try to go into a realm with a Titan.. if I use the browser to exit Titan realm, I can use app again.. just trying to hunt a Titan to see how it feels

Sorry but Titans are not implemented yet on 0.2 and 0.2.1(hopefully to be out later today). Though, the errors got from being in a realm with titans are already fixed on 0.2.1.

Cheers,

kami

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: