69 replies to this topic

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 00:13

Color me curious but I've been very stumped about this. You know it was a huge debate in the beginning of composing to do with pots being guild tagged or being able to be sold. It was deemed by the cows to be better to be a guild activity therefore they guild tagged rather than being a profitable trade. Apparently this has been forgotten or i'm confused. I'm not trying to start a fire here i'm just genuinely curious. If composers should be allowed to travel i don't see why we can't just sell composing pot's on a special composing auction house. Seeing that the only reason they were guild tagged was because the cows didn't want them being sold. They are rapidly being sold now by a few travelling folk so i don't see the harm in doing this? Seems to me like this was a round about solution i don't think they envisioned this. Heck maybe they should of even made a rule where you can't compose until you've been there for a week just like TH etc... Seem's only fair. What do you guy's think? Maybe get a game wide poll going for this...? Might even make composing even more affordable for the smaller folk :). Maybe even give even more incentive to start composing.

Topics of Debate

A. Should travelling composing require 7 day's in a guild

B. Should composing pots be available to sell on the AH/ST etc...

C. Travelling composing is fine how it is and nothing should change

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 March 2016 - 00:20.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:28

When Grumblemutt first found the way around the restrictions, I praised his inventiveness - but now I wish I hadn't.

Composing is (and always was) meant to be a guild activity - and the fact that they couldn't be sold was meant to make that "set in stone".

Subsequently, many folk have raced to EOC in composing and some of those travel around selling their wares - and, IMO, it's wrong. It shouldn't be allowed.

That said, BG has said there are no plans to change it - but, I think - as do others, that some sort of limitation should be put on it - and making these guild hoppers / travelling composers (delete as you see fit) get at least a degree of loyalty should be done, IMO - Even if that loyalty is only 1 week.

Edited by Pardoux, 18 March 2016 - 01:42.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:30

Well most things that have to do with profit when joining a guild have a 7 day CD before being able to partake... Only fair IMO. Every work around for other aspects but travelling composing has been fixed pretty much up till now. Not really that hard of a fix either. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 March 2016 - 01:31.

#4 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:29

Not sold player - player, maybe some special place on AH, something like the Special Section, but sustained by players? 

- No 'Buy Now' option.
- The Auctions would not have any name.
- You just give the potion to the game, and the game pays you back once it is sold, the game decides when to put it to sell, maybe releasing 20 potions each 5 mins.
- FS keeps like 10% of the value.
- Gold only.

I would like that, players can't know when the potion will be sold, can't know the owner of the potion, will need to pay attetion to make sure you can buy everything you'll need (more activity), gold sink...Maybe can work...But very hard to code it, I think.

Just need to have some security system, so people wouldn't be able to make a million AL lvl1 pots to troll.

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:03

Not sold player - player, maybe some special place on AH, something like the Special Section, but sustained by players? 

- No 'Buy Now' option.
- You just give the potion to the game, and the game pays you back once it is sold, the game decides when to put it to sell, maybe releasing 20 potions each 5 mins.
- Gold only.

I would like that, players can't know when the potion will be sold, can't know the owner of the potion, will need to pay attetion to make sure you can buy everything you'll need (more activity), gold sink...Maybe can work...But very hard to code it, I think.

Just need to have some security system, so people wouldn't be able to make a million AL lvl1 pots to troll.

Well no not really hard to code... Maybe alittle bit more time consuming than some things tho.

#6 spuddles

spuddles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:44

- No 'Buy Now' option.
- Gold only.

I really like this idea.  Sounds pretty good to me.

#7 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:12

I vote A. Works well for Titan hunting. Why not composers? :)

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:57

I think I know where this one is going. So often all players want is some parity to the game only to have an idea squashed/ignored/shelved. It's easier that way!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:13

this one i dont think i agree with, i dont have a problem with travelling composing so i guess i will assume i disagree.

#10 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:32

This debate has been discussed in the past multiple times
and in debt and it is always raised by the same persons-guilds
who have the same agenda...

The cows have said that it's inside game parameters so there is nothing wrong.

i don't have anything opposite with that.
its a chance of  guilds having a way
to get the composed potions (if they cant do it on their own).

if u really have a prob with traveling composers,
make the composed pots unbound
or tottaly bound.(not even guild tagged).

#11 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:35

There is another side to the issue that you appear to be missing.  Without Traveling Composers, some guilds have no access to these potions.  Putting a stop to the Traveling Composing would give those few guilds with high-level composers a considerable advantage...

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:42

this one i dont think i agree with, i dont have a problem with travelling composing so i guess i will assume i disagree.

I know juvi but i'm looking at the reasons cows implemented composing this way etc... They were guild tagged for a reason i'd assume. There was huge debate about it.

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:45

There is another side to the issue that you appear to be missing.  Without Traveling Composers, some guilds have no access to these potions.  Putting a stop to the Traveling Composing would give those few guilds with high-level composers a considerable advantage...

Sure but i don't believe that's what the cows had in mind when adding composing this way :). I don't find it fruitful how much travelling composers rip off these "lower folk" either. If the travelling composers really cared they'd be reasonable with their prices. God these guys have been ripped off so hard for so long. It's clear travelling composers can care less about providing for the "lower folk". That's my two cents but then i guess you wouldn't care for a special composing AH. The topic of debate is whether composing pots really should be able to be sold. Clearly cow's in the beginning didn't want them sold.  If they will be sold now by travelling composers why not go all the way? Either that or there needs to be a 7 day limit before composing for a guild because most other profitable trades require a 7 day CD in guild before they can do anything.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 March 2016 - 12:51.

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:47

I vote A. Works well for Titan hunting. Why not composers?  :)

Exactly my logic yes... Why not keep everything consistent :). Do not do one thing to one aspect that you won't do to another hehe.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 March 2016 - 12:56.

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:55

The cows have said that it's inside game parameters so there is nothing wrong.

Yup they did as of late but i'm wondering where the logic in the first place came from making them guild bound only? Clearly they had something else in mind in the inception of composing.

if u really have a prob with traveling composers,
make the composed pots unbound
or tottaly bound.(not even guild tagged).

This is often where a lot of people get tripped up on... I have a problem with the fundamental idea not the individuals. I'd imagine most all other's have a problem with the idea rather than the people as well.

#16 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 19:47

Yup they did as of late but i'm wondering where the logic in the first place came from making them guild bound only? Clearly they had something else in mind in the inception of composing.

you are are wrong if u are trying to interpret or even  speculate of "what is clearly what hcs had in mind".

are u HCS? i certainly am not so ill just stop to what HCS have said and what they have implended in

the game mechanics...

composing traveling is something legit.

i dont like it much, but that doesnt mean

i should be an obstacle to those who choose to play

like this..

are u bringing this topic up because u have

a hidden motive? cause i cant think of anything else

ad its been discussed many times before and the

cows have decided repeatedly ...

please bring up topics that are good for the game and not

for your personal agenda...

#17 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 19:50

Composing is a guild activity, admin have said so.

No limits on who or what guild, as long as you composed up the levels.

They are NOT guild bound only.  They are person bound too.

Do it don't.   Why keep flogging this dead pony?

If the admin what to change it they will, but they have already said it's working the way it's supposed to work.

The way it was designed to work.

Edited by Pythia, 18 March 2016 - 19:52.

#18 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 19:53

Maybe, they will input option A though.

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 20:31

you are are wrong if u are trying to interpret or even  speculate of "what is clearly what hcs had in mind".

are u HCS? i certainly am not so ill just stop to what HCS have said and what they have implended in

the game mechanics...

composing traveling is something legit.

i dont like it much, but that doesnt mean

i should be an obstacle to those who choose to play

like this..

are u bringing this topic up because u have

a hidden motive? cause i cant think of anything else

ad its been discussed many times before and the

cows have decided repeatedly ...

please bring up topics that are good for the game and not

for your personal agenda...

Hidden motive? Lmao? What do i stand to benefit please DO tell me? As to the OP i have stated three possibilities for debate. Clearly you are posting with your own personal agenda in mind because i did nothing to get such a rude response. Was just posting my thoughts and maybe clearing up any misunderstanding IE i'm talking about the fundamental idea not individuals. If you payed attention to the topic i'm merely trying to hold a civil debate on the matter. If i had some personal agenda i wouldn't even address all ends of the spectrum. Although i really am interested in what i or anyone else stand to benefit maybe i'm not seeing something.

**edit

No i'm clearly not HCS and that's exactly why i started this topic. I'm trying to understand their ideology maybe spark up some good thinking to improve things.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 March 2016 - 20:32.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 20:34

Composing is a guild activity, admin have said so.

No limits on who or what guild, as long as you composed up the levels.

They are NOT guild bound only.  They are person bound too.

Do it don't.   Why keep flogging this dead pony?

If the admin what to change it they will, but they have already said it's working the way it's supposed to work.

The way it was designed to work.

I agree and so have they stated with TH :P. So i don't really see all that big a deal with a 7 day restriction. Moving from Guild to Guild can you really be considered a part of the GUILD? There needs to be some sort of loyalty involved because it is indeed a Guild activity.

B. Should composing pots be available to sell on the AH/ST etc...

To compromise with the 7 day CD i see a lot of good in adding a VERY LIMITED version of B...Highly regulated as well :). As in there should be a set formula for the price based on skill type/skill level/duration. Especially so our lower folk don't get ripped off super hard. Maybe can only sell a certain amount of pot's on it daily as well that resets 00:00 ST. Maybe can list up to 10ish pot's per day. 2 can come standard and the rest you need to buy in upgrades. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 March 2016 - 20:41.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: