• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 14:45

For the purposes of discussing the daily quest,

[ Common ]
Defeat 3 active players in normal PvP

what constitutes an active player?

Another question regarding the same quest: if you can be bountied for attacking a "PvP protected player" why doesn't the attack count?

HCS, any response?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#2 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2021 - 15:05

HI there.

7 days if I remember correctly.

Because you didn't do XP damage. You can be bountied because you can still steal gold.

~ Grim

#3 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 17:43

For the purposes of discussing the daily quest,

[ Common ]

Defeat 3 active players in normal PvP

what constitutes an active player?

Another question regarding the same quest: if you can be bountied for attacking a "PvP protected player" why doesn't the attack count?

HCS, any response?

Less than 7 days of inactivity, target cannot have PvP protection and you can complete this via PvP ladder.

#4 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 19:17

as to pvp protection and pvp:

when one does pvp to defeat an opponent, one usually looks at opponent's profile for:

1. character stats
2. values in parentheses next to character stat numbers
3. gear
4. buffs

2 and 4 is useful when opponent is cloaked. some might look at enhancements, for example duelist is likely for pvp gear.

now, the section below character stats and above enhancements is pvp stats. pvp stats shows if opponent has pvp protection.

Edited by michael65, 09 June 2021 - 01:39.

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 June 2021 - 21:38

HI there.

Because you didn't do XP damage. You can be bountied because you can still steal gold.

~ Grim

actually, I've discovered that although I get prestige from any player active in the past 7 days or less, for a DQ it's hit or miss on those 7 days gone.....   somebody 167 hours offline will give you credit, but at 168 hours, likely not
also, if the protection enhancement kicks in, or if conserve activates, you don't get  credit.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2021 - 23:31

Less than 7 days of inactivity, target cannot have PvP protection and you can complete this via PvP ladder.

Really? When did this change? When I was doing ladder and had those pvp dailies ladder did not count.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#7 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 June 2021 - 23:44

~ Grim

at the risk of STILL getting bountied it should count.

btw is the level range ever going to be increased? 10-/+ is not enough to reach the active players when everyone in your current range is inactive. i faced this issue for months till few players finally entered my range. I had to skip few pvp dailies which makes getting the medals even longer.

Edited by Alisa, 08 June 2021 - 23:44.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#8 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 00:41

Really? When did this change? When I was doing ladder and had those pvp dailies ladder did not count.

This change occurred during one of their app updates. They slipped it in.

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 04:01

I hope accuracy counts. Inactive status starts on profiles at 30 days. If you're not inactive, you are active. It's simple logic! The player is not in some grey area. If this ridiculous standard remains, the inactivity label should be triggered at 1 week. Also, when is taking xp the test on PvP? It's ridiculous. Might as well say you can only be bountied if you lose xp! Again the current standard by which your attack counts for daily quests should be set at what is stated in your profile. If you are active, it should count! PvP protected players are ACTIVE, the attack should count. They lose no xp and they can bounty the attacker. Doesn't this make sense?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#10 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 14:20

fs has chat, global chat and guild chat. fs AH has potions, special and non-special (can check "is special" for special potions or select "potions" for non-special potions). clearly, there is profile inactivity and pvp inactivity. what value is profile inactivity? for mutiny in guild, no guessing. a member with active profile and bronze 30 day in guild medal can participate unless locked out.

one can pvp, win, and opponent loses no xp, now. but if one wants to qualify for pvp prestige one need to cause opponent's xp loss. just like players manage stam, the cows try to manage stam usage. the requirement for xp loss to get "reward" allows cows to manage stam, xp loss will be made up by using stam.

the bounty board has special rules in hopes of keeping it active.

the daily quests follows longstanding 7 day pvp active policy. a policy that allows pvp on pvp inactives. the policy minimizes the "reward" for attacks on players who play monthly, been kicked from guild with no gear, or less likely to be buffed by guild as defence against gvg attacks.

#11 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 20:30

It has been about 6 months since I was on ladder so this may have changed??? yet when a ladder target is in your DQ pvp range you will get credit for the DQ. Any ladder targets outside of your PvP range will not give you DQ credit.

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 23:40

The 7 days or less requirement  to be considered active is the same as it is for for earning prestige or for GvG targeting...   I can't remember when this was changed, but I'm thinking it was about a year ago.  Up until that point, anybody in range counted up to 30 days

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:19

The 7 days or less requirement  to be considered active is the same as it is for for earning prestige or for GvG targeting...   I can't remember when this was changed, but I'm thinking it was about a year ago.  Up until that point, anybody in range counted up to 30 days

showtopic=74897 noted it.

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 01:28

HI there.

~ Grim

I think every other point is up for discussion, how long the inactive status should start, being bountiable even over PvP Prot (I agree with that), the PvP Ladder hits counting towards DQs (I also agree with that)....But the DQ hits not counting if the target has PvP Prot really should be modified, it's only a DQ hit, it's nothing major or exploitable, some ranges already have so little targets, that would make everyone's lifes a bit easier, you can still be bountied for that, and it truly was a PvP attack which you won, you stole gold on it....I really see no logic for it not counting towards DQs.

#15 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 11:33

I think every other point is up for discussion, how long the inactive status should start, being bountiable even over PvP Prot (I agree with that), the PvP Ladder hits counting towards DQs (I also agree with that)....But the DQ hits not counting if the target has PvP Prot really should be modified, it's only a DQ hit, it's nothing major or exploitable, some ranges already have so little targets, that would make everyone's lifes a bit easier, you can still be bountied for that, and it truly was a PvP attack which you won, you stole gold on it....I really see no logic for it not counting towards DQs.

pvp protection is meant to "protect," DQ is meant to encourage activity. for normal pvp, these are cross purposes.

why weaken pvp protection?

argument better for expanding range for normal pvp for higher levels to -10% to +10%.

#16 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 16:32

pvp protection is meant to "protect," DQ is meant to encourage activity. for normal pvp, these are cross purposes.

argument better for expanding range for normal pvp for higher levels to -10% to +10%.

I like your idea of expanding ranges - it's been asked for many times.  The only problem with your idea is that with a percentage, a higher level level player could hit someone at the bottom of their range but the lower level couldn't hit back because their range isn't the same.  Ranges should be expanded but it has to be a flat number so the pvp can go both ways.

Screenshot everything!

#17 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 17:32

I like your idea of expanding ranges - it's been asked for many times.  The only problem with your idea is that with a percentage, a higher level level player could hit someone at the bottom of their range but the lower level couldn't hit back because their range isn't the same.  Ranges should be expanded but it has to be a flat number so the pvp can go both ways.

now ranges do not match at levels of transition.

example: a level 274 can't attack a level 301 in normal pvp, but the level 301's range includes the level 274. for fairness, the 301's lower range is limited by lower level's upper range. in otherwords, if lower level can't hit then higher level can't hit.

do same but for percentages at higher levels.

why 10% ? stats of a common piece of gear totals 2 times level. so, common gear at level 110 is 10% of common gear of level 100. many gear rarities seem to follow this rule. there is not much difference between level 100 and level 110 in total stat values. the generalization is applied to higher levels.

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 01:12

now ranges do not match at levels of transition.

example: a level 274 can't attack a level 301 in normal pvp, but the level 301's range includes the level 274. for fairness, the 301's lower range is limited by lower level's upper range. in otherwords, if lower level can't hit then higher level can't hit.

do same but for percentages at higher levels.

why 10% ? stats of a common piece of gear totals 2 times level. so, common gear at level 110 is 10% of common gear of level 100. many gear rarities seem to follow this rule. there is not much difference between level 100 and level 110 in total stat values. the generalization is applied to higher levels.

In open PvP it does match, a lvl 391 can hit a lvl 401, and same for the oposite, are you talking about PvP Ladder or what?

#19 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 01:13

Does the DQ say 'Defeat X players in normal PvP' or 'Defeat X players in open PvP that don't have PvP Protection'? The answer is pretty clear to me.

#20 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 05:17

Does the DQ say 'Defeat X players in normal PvP' or 'Defeat X players in open PvP that don't have PvP Protection'? The answer is pretty clear to me.

clear to me, but i get a different answer.

[edit: the info on pvp, i got from guild conflicts page which recites normal pvp rules that are the same for gvg]

[2nd edit: i was wrong, only -10 to +10 at my level. i thought the cows expanded range of normal pvp. 10 levels is ridiculous. no wonder you pvpers are upset. this makes the case for expanding the pvp ranges for higher levels, but not for weakening pvp protection.]

Edited by michael65, 12 June 2021 - 06:04.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: