#1 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 21:35

I want to bring forth a new idea for a game component that would give a new angle/area of gameplay for fs'ers..

People talk of pet systems...

We have Quango's in Erildath...

I propose a system that works a race/tournament, a system like the arena where u survive rounds of a race/tournament,

I propose to do this a quango upgradable via what u can learn like the composing component,

You would learn tricks 'feather flutter'/"claw boost"/"beak snap" as you level your quango like u would in composing, then as you gain more you could have more chance of winning tournaments as in a faceoff arena system.

Something anyone could attempt, much easier than working with stats, just plain quango tricks which would be similar to moves in the arena though play out on whoever got the furthest in the race/tournament.

Its a concept so I shouldnt need to answer questions, a simple idea which your own mind should easily in some way envisage.

#2 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2017 - 17:17

While I am all for having tons of aspects of the game to dive into, and this definitely seems like one that could turn out well if polished and more input is provided, I'm sure most who still play FS would prefer to see current aspects of the game fixed/updated before something new is added.

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 19:16

I wouldn't be against it. I feel like i'm preaching to the choir really but anything new to do in FS is fine by me. I'll take anything at this point. I like the "pet arena" concept. Maybe you have to choose a pet and each pet has a certain "affinity"... IE weak against some strong against others. Not to say your 100% gonna lose to it's counter there still should be a way to beat it but the odd's should be lower. Like stated could be "pet arena moves" specific to each pet that react differently depending on what pet etc. Maybe something Final Fantasy style... Live arena? What if you actually queued up and had to be there for it? That could be interesting and you choose your moves in real time. Pet's have an hp bar... There are healing offensive and defensive moves. Assuming they have gear it could amplify certain abilities... idk rambling here.

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 December 2017 - 19:20.

#4 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2017 - 19:30

The way I'm reading it, it almost feels like a "Pokemon" concept (albeit without the "catch 'em all" mindset).

Off the top of my head, it seems as though this would also expand a few other facets as well. Medals can be added? Maybe some added quests for different pets? Pets adding percentages of certain enhancements?

If something like this were to happen, maybe introduce different tiers of pets as well? Seasonals? As much as I said other aspects should be fixed first, EP is right that new stuff always winds up having a good reception.

I'd love to have a pet dragon (that I received from Dragon LE event around Christmas), a small half-zombie/skeleton pegasus (from Halloween), or a quango that could go toe-to-toe with other people's pets as well.

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 19:30

Tiered pets sounds cool... Can they follow you on the map haha.

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 December 2017 - 19:31.

#6 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 December 2017 - 19:35

I'm not sure how that would work into the coding or whatnot, but it definitely sounds like a good idea.

Why stop at following, though? If I have a baby dragon or pony, what's to say I can't feed it and groom it to maturity and make it a mount instead (obviously not increasing movement speed or number of spaces able to be moved at a time)? Maybe even add a temporal shift enhancement when the mount is at full maturity?

#7 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 20:14

if it were that EP, the new game facet, id like to see something in game like quango's, could work like vine quango, lava quango, mud quango, could be cool!

#8 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:58

all quangos must die :)

5aZzW0p.png,

#9 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:09

I want to bring forth a new idea for a game component that would give a new angle/area of gameplay for fs'ers..

People talk of pet systems...

We have Quango's in Erildath...

I propose a system that works a race/tournament, a system like the arena where u survive rounds of a race/tournament,

I propose to do this a quango upgradable via what u can learn like the composing component,

You would learn tricks 'feather flutter'/"claw boost"/"beak snap" as you level your quango like u would in composing, then as you gain more you could have more chance of winning tournaments as in a faceoff arena system.

Something anyone could attempt, much easier than working with stats, just plain quango tricks which would be similar to moves in the arena though play out on whoever got the furthest in the race/tournament.

Its a concept so I shouldnt need to answer questions, a simple idea which your own mind should easily in some way envisage.

Isn't this basicly the same as the Arena? Only difference I see is that you have to learn your moves instead of winning them. How would it be fundamentally different? I am for adding new aspects, but don't think it adds anything if it is more or less the same as another aspect we have already.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:42

I proposed something similar but different. It will be "arena" but not like we know it.

#11 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2017 - 23:56

Isn't this basicly the same as the Arena? Only difference I see is that you have to learn your moves instead of winning them. How would it be fundamentally different? I am for adding new aspects, but don't think it adds anything if it is more or less the same as another aspect we have already.

more of a concept not so much an idea, it would only work like arena in rounds and your "moves" would basically be like a pokemon game more than stats like in arena, eg level like composing either via gold or time, maybe xp from trying to race, race in a round based area like arena. i mentioned those two game facets to emphasize ways the "pet" idea could be incorporated simply or visually, to give haste to a new game area once again as many say the game needs something new, i think it would do the game good, this idea has come up before, this was to show a way it could be done, also bring to life a game animal rather than something unerildathic.

#12 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 December 2017 - 23:58

I proposed something similar but different. It will be "arena" but not like we know it.

its a very good idea that could be the next great game function.

#13 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2017 - 00:01

furthermore, it would not be like arena, stats are very important in arena, the "pet" idea focuses more on fun than trying to calculate a perfect setup, great for the younger generation and anyone who likes those type of things, i do :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: