Photo

Gold Upgrades reset at 00:00 daily please!

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Poll: Gold Upgrades reset at 00:00 daily? (385 member(s) have cast votes)

Gold Upgrades reset at 00:00 daily?

1. Voted Yes (344 votes [89.35%])

Percentage of vote: 89.35%

2. Voted No (41 votes [10.65%])

Percentage of vote: 10.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 azeekeio

azeekeio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:16

yes :)

#42 fs_bigdawg112

fs_bigdawg112
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:20

Where do i go to use these "gold upgrades"? I feel like im missing out on something here.

#43 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:23

Horrorshow idea Droog :)

Cheers.

wil72

#44 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:23

Where do i go to use these "gold upgrades"? I feel like im missing out on something here.

On left hand side of screen, click on Upgrades, then Upgrade and then you'll see the FSP ones and a link to look at the Gold ones... For faster reference: http://www.fallenswo...d=points&type=1

#45 Sacred

Sacred

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:40

I say yes to this. Makes more sense than having it on a fixed reset schedule as to when you purchased the upgrade.

#46 kuamor

kuamor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:44

i like this idea.. as does 92% of everyone

92 % of a tiny minority...however, i dont care about when...and i like the 10 stam gain but the 700 current gain per week is useless..to me anyway.

What I would like to see is the other thread of the epic quests added. The last event got the players online to top...are you ready...1,000 for the first time in a long time. If you like FS, ask for things that will encourage established players to return, new players to stay, and interest to find new peaks.

New interface bs isnt it. Neither is what time you deposit gold or buy upgrades.

#47 gulp45

gulp45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:47

Gold upgrades? Thougt was about baNk deposite disregard the other post by me

#48 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 23:06

I posted yes for it to reset at 00.00

would make more gold dissapear from game, and let everyone have a chance at making a use of the upgrde once every day .

and like someone else mentioned bank deposits should do the same really.

#49 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 23:27

I know that people don't actually tend to read through these. I've already stated my opinion on the topic which has to do with the reset time for the Gold Upgrades and only the Gold Upgrades.

In order to help get some useful ON TOPIC input on this, I'd like to ask players that use this upgrade at every opportunity if they actually see a benefit to this change as it is stated in the poll and what the benefit of that change (as stated in the poll) would actually be?

If your answer is "sink more gold"... could you clearly explain why and how?

Please note: This question is ONLY directed at those people that attempt to use the upgrade practically every day. I only want hands-on info.

Edit: forgot to say "thanks", lol.

#50 blenok

blenok

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 23:32

Having it reset at a specific time is great. Too easy to forget what time it resets.

#51 michelsbf

michelsbf

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 23:55

Hell0 peep, this is my first time I post anything but, yes keep this upgrade on a set time :mrgreen: thanks

#52 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 23:58

I would like the reset to be at a specific time. I agree.

#53 akbulutugur

akbulutugur

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 00:08

yes pls!!!
i agree with evarious...
count my vote as YES

#54 slayer6x6

slayer6x6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 00:22

i say yes reset daily pleas :)

#55 Orbit420

Orbit420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 00:29

:wink: Absoltely! Having a reset at one specific time might be easier since some people cannot always log in at a particular time.

#56 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 00:36

I think all the daily "events" should reset at a single time every day. deposits, 5 loyalty, etc - and 0:00 server is a good choice, as would be any other time the cows like

#57 mikkyld

mikkyld

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 00:42

I voted no but only because I think your idea should be tweaked a little. Instead of a set time every day for all players I think the reset should coincide with your bank deposit reset.

I agree 100% with this idea. The first benefit of this idea is that a log message is already in place that requires no extra programing. I think that's a pretty good reminder for just about anybody for the gold upgrades.

Anyway, I disagree (but not 100%) with the idea of it being set at midnight ST, because, quite simply, it doesn't solve the "problem" people are talking about. Rather than going into a long-winded explanation of why, I'll simply respond to "Yote's" suggestion with "Evarius' goal" (gold sink) in mind:

1. The depo reset is currently visible as a mouseover at the top of every FS page no matter what you are doing.

2. The depo reset is the only "uniform" time in FS. By that I mean, that it adjusts according to when a player actually tends to play. 00:00 ST is 1 a.m. for some 6 p.m. for others, etc... Any randomly picked ST number will be inconvenient for some based on where they are on the globe and even inconvenient for some in the same time zone due to their lifestyle, ie., their RL clock.

The depo reset however coincides with everybody's schedule no matter where they are. I know that's not 100% the case and it gets messed up once a week or whatever... but on a long term perspective your average depo reset time over a year will correspond to your "general" schedule.

3. Putting the ideology behind 1 and 2 together, we can see why this would benefit the gold sink idea. I think that most players could see the usefulness of planning their hunt around their depo time. You can fill your bank or your Guild Bank by hunting efficiently and planning your hunt to cover your depo reset time. Your depo reset time is also a time that you can plan ahead to adjust at your leisure since you know ahead of time when it will reset and you can log in to change it accordingly.

That said, this would be the most efficient time for a gold upgrade reset because players could opt to hunt prior to the reset, use the upgrade, have their reset at their "chosen" time and thus be able to use them again while they are raking in hunting gold.

In short, it would effectively make the gold sink a two for one deal when hunting. As for those that constantly purchase as soon as they can, they would have a log message letting them know that they can now reuse the upgrade.

I think this is the most logical suggestion with the "least" amount of work for HCS and that is most likely able to fit like clockwork into game-learned behaviors that are already in place.

I did NOT vote on this poll because the answers don't represent my opinion or cover all the bases. Most scientific polls will include "don't know", "don't care" and "other". Not a critique, just a suggestion...

That constructive criticism aside, nice job Evarius... it's a topic that has already been "over-discussed" and it's great to see it getting some attention (o0

Prosperous smacking everybody!

I am pretty sure that deposits reset 24 hours later but only if you are playing. Get deposit at 1200 day one and not log on until 1800 day 2 and that is when your deposits reset.

having a single time every day means all you need to do is log on and your deposits were already reset if you are late and will be soon if you are early - likewise the gold upgrade.

of course you still need to remember the upgrade :)

#58 fs_jimmygare

fs_jimmygare
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:16

yup

#59 Alpharisk

Alpharisk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:39

The reset a 00:00 server time is a more sensible solution for everyone. Easier to manage and better for everybody (including the programmer).

Yes put my vote for 00:00 reset.

thanks

Alpharisk
We live for the one, we die for the one

#60 callmeabc

callmeabc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:19

I know that people don't actually tend to read through these. I've already stated my opinion on the topic which has to do with the reset time for the Gold Upgrades and only the Gold Upgrades.

In order to help get some useful ON TOPIC input on this, I'd like to ask players that use this upgrade at every opportunity if they actually see a benefit to this change as it is stated in the poll and what the benefit of that change (as stated in the poll) would actually be?

If your answer is "sink more gold"... could you clearly explain why and how?

Please note: This question is ONLY directed at those people that attempt to use the upgrade practically every day. I only want hands-on info.

Edit: forgot to say "thanks", lol.

>sink more gold
More guild will be able to be suck because every day, no matter what the upgrade will be available. With the current system there are many thanks that can cause you to miss a day.
Lets say you have a job or school in the morning. Lets say you have an hour before you leave to fart around on FS before leaving. It would take some very precise timing each day to main tain the ability to buy in the morning. Any slight snag means you'll have to wait until a lunch break or when you get home to buy the upgrade.. Being late just a few minutes each day will cause this to happen eventually. Then you face the same thing with the next time you check in. The same applies to the next time you get to FS. Even the most diligent player can not say they will be at their keyboard at the exact same time each day to make sure the time doesn't slip. Me personally I have been able to buy the upgrade 2 out of 3 days . Hope that helps you understand better how more gold is taken from the game

Avatar upgrade - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55576

GvG tracking ideas -

In the advisor - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=55250

In a building - http://forums.hunted...showtopic=53004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: