4 replies to this topic

#1 Albel

Albel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 October 2012 - 18:27

Just out of curiostity....as we merge the games together on 1 Hunted Cow Account, will we be getting a Hunted Cow friends list seperate from that of the Legacy one? Not sure how many would use it, but this way it would work much like Legacy's, showing when people are online, but it would show them on other games as well as Legacy.

#2 Pascal

Pascal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Badge
  • Djibouti

Posted 16 October 2012 - 18:41

I think this idea is great!

#3 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2012 - 19:03

I'm sure that kind of thing will be added. That's the cool thing with having the global account system, it consolidates a lot of dependencies and code into just one area that everything uses and that way we can make new features once and all the games benefit from it. By merging the games into the new system they become part of the systems list of games, so if 'listed games' register people online or add hcs achievements or game characters as some examples, then once we merge in fallen sword and the other remaining games they'll all adopt those features. It'll be pretty cool when we can show someone's list of characters + main stats in all games in their profile for example.
Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#4 NoddingFrog

NoddingFrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 00:31

This would be similar to what steam has, no matter what game you're playing on steam you can always check if a friend is online.

The current HCS bar would only need a simple drop down menu displaying Online friend, I don't know about the coding itself but from a players POV it seems like a small amount of coding compared to what the Friends List adds to the overall experience of HCs games.

#5 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:35

And a cross game chat now that we are at it :D

Well anyway this seems like a cool idea.. homever the only way i could see getting the most use of this is to add a friends tab in the hunted cow bar..

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: