BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,838 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2016 - 18:18

Hi all,

The following beasts have appeared in the Scavenging Caves!

Death's Head Bone Golem (Legendary)
1492933c0fc8bd9f11375e53b236ffbdb604.jpg

The Death's Head Bone Golem is another of the early creations of the mad Doctor Morbidstein. The Golem is covered in dark runes of protection and is said to be powered by a heart formed from pure necromantic magic that fuels the golem with great power. Many believe the Golem is simply a terror creation, animated and sent off to cause as much random havoc as it can!

Recommended Level : 450+

Recommended Gold : 21000+

Red Annis (Legendary)
1690bdd3a9e65dcb69eda333b89a377e5580.jpg

The Annis were a sisterhood of dangerous outlawed Elves that practice all kinds of black magic and evil experiments. Red Annis found her pleasures in the sisterhood through the skinning of her victims, generally making them into one of her many dresses. To help aid her in this debased act she replaced her own hands with magically built claws that allow her to cut her victims and stitch their skins with ease.

Recommended Level : 780+

Recommended Gold : 29000+

Harvester of Lost Souls (Legendary)
1698a1df3d7e2e705644ff147c4128e8ebe8.jpg

At the end of Halloween the being known only as the Harvester of Lost Souls comes to reclaim the souls of the evil and bring them back to the shroud. The Harvester can be greedy at this time of year and often trys to bring back more souls than have escaped...

Recommended Level : 850+

Recommended Gold : 29000+

Ira Heketoro (Legendary)
26946014f219236a0bfe5dbf4cf179e30f29.jpg

Various stories have been passed down through the ages , though none create more excitement and fear than the story of Ira Heketoro. Legend speaks of an ancient forest where the mythical Taniwha Ira Heketoro lives and protects a mysterious stone of uncanny strength. Only the strongest and bravest of warriors would seek out the ancient forest. Few have ever returned. Those who return, while battle scarred and weary, possess treasures imbued with strength and spirit, enough to make many a brave man run in fear.

Recommended Level : 1600+

Recommended Gold : 45000+

Additionally, the Watch Your Back Brew & Flask of Death are available in the Caves as well.

These will be available until 12:00 on Monday the 12th of December.

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword team.

#2 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 18:27

cheers grim but i already scavenged i aint got space lol

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 19:50

FoD and watch your back are becoming way too common :\. They soon to be on the same footing as ZB.

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 December 2016 - 19:50.

#4 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 20:29

FoD and watch your back are becoming way too common :\. They soon to be on the same footing as ZB.

way to common? What are you talking about? I still use the fatality potion. I just looked those two up in the AH and they are too rich for me.

Edited by cucullainn, 09 December 2016 - 20:30.

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 December 2016 - 21:27

way to common? What are you talking about? I still use the fatality potion. I just looked those two up in the AH and they are too rich for me.

Too common as in numbers of 'em in-game. Don't agree about Watch Your Back (only 234), but I do about Flask of Death - there's still thousands of 'em in circulation (almost 5K in active player bp's alone).

Mind you, if my drop rate is anything to go by, there won't be many more AFTER the event....

Only 20 fsp in each cave and got exactly ZERO of either of 'em ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:33

Too common as in numbers of 'em in-game. Don't agree about Watch Your Back (only 234), but I do about Flask of Death - there's still thousands of 'em in circulation (almost 5K in active player bp's alone).

Mind you, if my drop rate is anything to go by, there won't be many more AFTER the event....

Only 20 fsp in each cave and got exactly ZERO of either of 'em ...

The event used to come around twice a year if we were lucky.

3 fsps each isn't that much if you actively play the game.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:55

I have never bought either.... I never saw a need.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:52

The event used to come around twice a year if we were lucky.

3 fsps each isn't that much if you actively play the game.

I play as much as I can. Not having a computer and all.

I have not ever used either neither :P

#9 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:09

I have not ever used either neither :P

There was a very long period through the level 2000s where the only way I could 1-hit through hunts was with flask of death. Even then I'd come across one or two creatures each hunt that I was still 2-hitting.

There are a lot more LE sets in that zone now, though they haven't made enough difference to allow 1-hitting with regularity.

The big difference in my case is that I now have access to SH480. And it is sooooooo nice being able to compose a potion rather than pay what had been 10+ FSP to buy that potion each hunt. I would speculate that the reason why Flask of Death prices haven't increased in the AH since the last FoD event (first time this has happened) is that many more people above level 2000(ish) have also been able to replace FoD with SH480.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 18:48

There was a very long period through the level 2000s where the only way I could 1-hit through hunts was with flask of death. Even then I'd come across one or two creatures each hunt that I was still 2-hitting.

There are a lot more LE sets in that zone now, though they haven't made enough difference to allow 1-hitting with regularity.

The big difference in my case is that I now have access to SH480. And it is sooooooo nice being able to compose a potion rather than pay what had been 10+ FSP to buy that potion each hunt. I would speculate that the reason why Flask of Death prices haven't increased in the AH since the last FoD event (first time this has happened) is that many more people above level 2000(ish) have also been able to replace FoD with SH480.

Certainly event coming about more doesn't help either.

#11 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 20:50

True! 7 months is the usual gap, and the four months this time is certainly the shortest. I'd normally expect prices to rise more quickly, but the market hasn't had the time to get really stretched this time.

(For the record, the gaps have been 7, 7, 10, 7, 7, 7, 7 and 4 months since they were first released in April 2012)

#12 barneyb

barneyb

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 22:09

Why does the Deaths head not have a nice shiny frame like the others.. poor guy.

#13 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 21:02

Can we please be told which  cave the various creatures will be found in.

I want to scavenge for  a  pounnama set and dont know which cave to scavenge in.

At 45 k gold per hit  i dont want to go in blind.

Can someone please post this info.

Thanks

#14 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:26

Don't think we've ever been told in which cave which thingie might show its ugly mug in? I do think the wiki has the answer though .. seem to recall using that for info way back in my younger and more cave interested days ;)

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#15 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:34

they never tell you just go spend coin and check the log to see what you killed

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,838 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:33

Can we please be told which  cave the various creatures will be found in.

Nope. That's for you guys to figure out.

~ Grim

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,838 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:14

Hi there everyone.

Thanks to the efforts of the Heroes of the Realms, the vile Legendary Creature have fled the Caves! The Watch your back brew and Flask of Death have disappeared too!

We hope you enjoyed the event!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#18 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 18:46

Sorry I am too late to be useful, Kit.

I normally look to see who is selling in the AH and then ask them which cave. They have always obliged so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: