Photo

Expansion of Bio Space Characters Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see the biography limit raised? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the biography limit raised?

1. Voted Yes. (28 votes [84.85%])

Percentage of vote: 84.85%

2. Voted No. (5 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 March 2013 - 22:00

I was thinking about changing my biography earlier to reflect my new buffs, but I realized I didn't have enough spaces. Most people would say, "Why not erase one of your quotes or something?", well I think we should expand the number of biography space characters. Not by much, but maybe like 125/125 or 150/150.

I feel like it will be better for buff sellers as well. You'll actually be able to put something about yourself and have your buffs with having to choose.

It's not high priority, but it would be very nice.

You could even make it part of the gold upgrades. It'd be a nice little sink. :P

Also, if you vote no, could you specify why you feel this way?

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#2 fortville

fortville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 22:56

Yes please!!! No reason not to do this. Yes of course they are working on other things but if this is nothing more than changing a number in a line of code or something simple like that then make it happen.

#3 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 22:58

If, and I wish to stress that if, we was able to toggle it so I wouldn't have to view it I say make it however big the Cows will make it.
Being on a mobile a lot of time is a hassle for it.
1) longer longer to load
2) MUCH longer to scroll

#4 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 March 2013 - 00:16

If, and I wish to stress that if, we was able to toggle it so I wouldn't have to view it I say make it however big the Cows will make it.
Being on a mobile a lot of time is a hassle for it.
1) longer longer to load
2) MUCH longer to scroll

In this regard, I think they should make the biography's collapsible on mobile.

#5 PsychoPathe

PsychoPathe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 18:23

I agree it should be raised. There shouldn't be any problems if, like mentioned earlier, you make bio's collapsible when viewed on a mobile device. I find myself having to remove a lot when posting quotes, buffs, and whatever else. It's an easy change, people would pay for this, and as long as bio's are able to be collapsed there should be no reason not to. Make it double what it is now :D

#6 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:38

Can we get bios to be collapsible when not on mobile as well?

#7 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:32

It would be great to increase the bio characters upgrade.
But it's not a big surprise I'm in favour after this topic thread. 8)

[*:37sqd9pw]It's easy income for the Cows (FSP sinks are usually met by increased FSP purchases).
[*:37sqd9pw]It isn't a lot of work to do.
[*:37sqd9pw]It's doesn't take players longer to load pages (it's just plain text after all).

Being able to toggle bios (making bios collapsible) will be a good addition. That way players can choose to view bios or hide them if they want.

Most bios that are at their bio character limit are alright to read. Take my bio for example.
I've listed some info at the top (though I'd prefer it if I would be able to explain what those 2 FSP numbers really mean).
I'm able to put a little bit of info on it.
And I've listed most of my buffs; though still 18 of my buffs are unlisted just because I ran out of characters.
Also I don't have any characters left to list how much I pay for various Chest locations and for various SE locations. Let alone any other things I might want to add.

The bio might be long, but still most people find my bio very pleasant to the eye.
If you're having trouble reading the buffs because of the ~` signs then you're not using FSHelper (which is perfectly ok with me) :wink:

Yet some players have bios that are completely unreadable, or their bios are full of enters and are just long empty space. People can already make those bios, so a raise in the maximum bio characters upgrade won't matter much. Enabling players to hide or show bios will make this alright. 8)

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#8 IzzyDead

IzzyDead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 14:05

http://img.scoop.it/...Rd1H6kmuBWtceBJ

Yet some players have bios that are completely unreadable, or their bios are full of enters and are just long empty space. People can already make those bios, so a raise in the maximum bio characters upgrade won't matter much. Enabling players to hide or show bios will make this alright. 8)

Use the END button to get to the bottom of pages without scrolling 8)
Posted Image

#9 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 14:46

Samsung forgot to add that button on my phone. DAMN.

#10 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 March 2013 - 19:05

Use the END button to get to the bottom of pages without scrolling 8)

Yep, decent alternative as well. :wink:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49

Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#11 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 March 2013 - 19:09

Bump.

#12 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 March 2013 - 14:10

I am in full agreement with this as a gold upgrade (also a good gold sink as well).

I think it wouldn't be too hard for HCS to do this and, alot of players would sink the gold to get this upgrade for sure.

#13 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2013 - 18:41

Bump.

#14 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:20

Bump.

#15 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2013 - 15:32

We'll take a look into adding a new gold upgrade for increasing the bio characters limit :)

I think it would make sense to add a scroll bar to the bio section if it goes over a certain size though.

#16 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 15:41

I think it would make sense to add a scroll bar to the bio section if it goes over a certain size though.

That could work to, though i'd prefer a toggle :')

#17 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 March 2013 - 18:20

That could work to, though i'd prefer a toggle :')

Agreed.

#18 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 March 2013 - 21:51

We'll take a look into adding a new gold upgrade for increasing the bio characters limit :)

Yeay! :D

Prophet    
Warrior  

#19 ThumperFi

ThumperFi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 13:30

How about adding a buff bar to the bio, giving the bio's back to the players so they can run their themes and quotes.

Instead of having to post buff prices and such, just have a new added buff bar that works like links. Toggle to hide it or show it, so players can choose to find the buffs they need in someones bio without having to scroll through the written stuff.

make it cost money to post/broadcast your selling buffs and such, having its own advertisement bar outside of the Shoutbox and FSBox

#20 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 March 2013 - 00:39

How about adding a buff bar to the bio, giving the bio's back to the players so they can run their themes and quotes.

Instead of having to post buff prices and such, just have a new added buff bar that works like links. Toggle to hide it or show it, so players can choose to find the buffs they need in someones bio without having to scroll through the written stuff.

make it cost money to post/broadcast your selling buffs and such, having its own advertisement bar outside of the Shoutbox and FSBox

That is such an amazing idea.
I love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: