37 replies to this topic

#1 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 19:43

Since players reached the lvl 2,000 mark I think we need a fix on Bounty Board offers, considering the FSP like 200.000 Gold, offering 1FSP for a lvl 2,500 players doesn't makes sense anymore.

I believe everyone will agree with that (c'mon community, don't let me down on this lol).

A simple way to fix it would be to make any bounty over a 2,000+ player cost 2 FSPs OR 100 Gold per level.

So a level 2,500 player would need 2FSPs OR 250,000 Gold as prize.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 06 June 2015 - 18:03.

#2 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 19:58

Would keep it consistant with fsp market prices at least...as well, a fsp reward isn't necessarily worth the effort it takes to clear someone at that level, especially online and wasting through composed pots

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 23:25

Since players reached the lvl 2,000 mark I think we need a fix on Bounty Board offers, considering the FSP like 200.000 Gold, offering 1FSP for a lvl 2,500 players doesn't makes sense anymore.

I believe everyone will agree with that (c'mon community, don't let me down on this lol).

A simple way to fix it would be to make any bounty over a 2,000+ player cost 2 FSPs OR 1,000 Gold per level.

So a level 2,500 player would need 2FSPs OR 250,000 Gold as prize.

Umm, how about NO ??

Players placing those bounties have already been hit for "X" amount of gold and maybe XP too - and you want to INCREASE the cost of us trying to get some form of punishment against the attacker ?

How about, you don't like the reward on a specific player, you don't try for the reward ?

Simple, and nothing needs changing :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 00:40

Umm, how about NO ??

Players placing those bounties have already been hit for "X" amount of gold and maybe XP too - and you want to INCREASE the cost of us trying to get some form of punishment against the attacker ?

How about, you don't like the reward on a specific player, you don't try for the reward ?

Simple, and nothing needs changing :)

So, using few more words, you're saying that players over lvl 2000 have put more effort and time on the game, so they deserve to pay less while using the Bounty Board? Saying that higher level players deserves special treatment?

That is a curious way to look at it, because everyone else on the game need to pay 100 per level, but since you're posting a lvl 2.500 player you only need to pay 1FSP (200,000 gold).

Now I see, higher levels deserves special treatment for their effort and time on the game, I used to think the game should be fair for everyone, my bad Pard.

Haha, you are funny :)

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 06 June 2015 - 18:03.

#5 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 00:46

I'm not saying to make the Boards more expensive to use, but to be fair to use it.

Everyone needs to pay 1.000 per level, or 1 FSP to bounty ANYONE. That doesn't fit anymore, when someone reach lvl 4.000 they will still need to pay 400.000 or 1 FSP, see the problem? 

Make it FAIR, 100 per level is the usual, so if that prize doesn't fit anymore for the higher levels, why keep it?

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 06 June 2015 - 18:04.

#6 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:03

You get less gold per critter at higher levels. Quest costs way more. You need more buffs and potions. So why not. Let's charge the higher levels more. Only good can come out of it. O_o

Edited by yotwehc, 06 June 2015 - 01:04.

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:07

So, using few more words, you're saying that players over lvl 2000 have put more effort and time on the game, so they deserve to pay less while using the Bounty Board? Saying that higher level players deserves special treatment?

That is a curious way to look at it, because everyone else on the game need to pay 1.000 per level, but since you're posting a lvl 2.500 player you only need to pay 1FSP (200,000 gold).

Now I see, higher levels deserves special treatment for their effort and time on the game, I used to think the game should be fair for everyone, my bad Pard.

Haha, you are funny :)

Where on earth do you get your insane "higher levels deserve special treatment for their effort and time on the game" comment from ?

OK, just done a lil research here ...

Up to Level 1600, gold drop / critter killed (before doubler) is 300 gold / kill, averaged.

Between 1601 and 1625, that amount DROPS to 250 /kill, averaged.

Between 1626 and 1910, that amout DROPS again, to 200/kill averaged.

After 1911, the amount seems to have returned to 300 / kill averaged (on the ones I looked at)

So, give that anyone after Level 1910 receives the same amount of gold / kill, then the premise for charging players above that level more seems flawed.

What should happen, IMO, is that the amount / bounty should be 1k / Level up to 1910 and then the same from then on in.

That gives higher level players NO advantage over lower leveled players (L1911 and upward), given we get exactly the same amount of gold as they do per kill.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:48

Also higher level players can join more Arenas, kill more Titans, farm more LEs, do more scavenging...C'mon, are we really arguing over this?

I'm nto saying how the critters give more or less gold, I'm talking about the premisse of the BB that the prize should be 100 per level, only that.

And after lvl 2.000 there is no sense to keep the 1FSP prize, I can bounty a high level player too, and I'm willing to pay more to be fair and keep the same rule for everyone.

Want to see on a different way?
Cap FSP (on BB) as 200.000 gold, and if you're bountying a lvl 2.500 player you'll need to place the prize as 1FSP+50,000 Gold. I think that will give too much trouble to settle the code.

The BB rule is to charge 100 gold per level, and that should be applied to everyone, I'm not charging the high level players more than the rule of the BB. 

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:31

Also higher level players can join more Arenas, kill more Titans, farm more LEs, do more scavenging...C'mon, are we really arguing over this?

I'm nto saying how the critters give more or less gold, I'm talking about the premisse of the BB that the prize should be 1.000 per level, only that.

And after lvl 2.000 there is no sense to keep the 1FSP prize, I can bounty a high level player too, and I'm willing to pay more to be fair and keep the same rule for everyone.

Want to see on a different way?
Cap FSP (on BB) as 200.000 gold, and if you're bountying a lvl 2.500 player you'll need to place the prize as 1FSP+50,000 Gold. I think that will give too much trouble to settle the code.

The BB rule is to charge 1.000 gold per level, and that should be applied to everyone, I'm not charging the high level players more than the rule of the BB. 

Umm, yes, we are ... and you can enter more of those arenas and kill more titans, farm more LE's - all you have to do is level up .... As for scavenging, that's nuts. Didn't I just explain that everyone over Level 1910 gets the same amount of gold / kill ?

The only reason we can do more of these activities is because we've invested the time and effort to get to these places - and, just in case it's not clear, NONE of the above have ANY relevence whatsoever in the debate about placing bounties.

Bounties are placed by a person who has been attacked and wants some (most of the time VERY limited) retribution against the player who attacked him. Saying it should cost more when the amount of gold coming in per monster kill is ... yes, I'll say it ... penalising those higher levels. We earn no more gold / kill so why should we pay more to place a bounty?

As for your "The BB rule is to charge 1.000 gold per level, and that should be applied to everyone, I'm not charging the high level players more than the rule of the BB." comment, I just explained, both here and in the previous post, that that "rule" is flawed.

Fix the rule that's flawed, not make it even more flawed.

Of course, all of this could be completely academic - the cows have said that PvP is undergoing a radical overhaul and will be revealed shortly. Let's just see what happens then, and debate back and forth then, if necessary

#10 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:14

I'm with Pardoux on this one. I don't think the BB is lacking right now because posting is too cheap. if that were the case, we would see a lot of posting going on ... I hardly see any posting AT ALL.

Raising the cost of bountying is going to reduce the bounties on the BB, which is usually at 0-4 at any given time. Why would you want to lower it even further? Whether you think higher level bounties should cost more or less is IRRELEVANT because they are barely getting posted at the lower cost right now. 

Furthermore, this would waste the cows time for making valuable updates to the game ... aka the road map.

I'm actually for removing the BB altogether because it serves no purpose really. The pvp victim can post a bounty but the attacker can 1) easily raise their level again; 2) usually doesn't care about XP or losing a few levels anyways; 3) has an ally soft clear them off the boards

Lastly, the cows are planning a major update to pvp. Very unlikely they would do a patch to the BB then do a complete overhaul to the whole system.

Edited by Windbattle, 06 June 2015 - 06:19.

#11 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 14:23

When the 1000 per level cost was introduced this was still back long before there were even level 1000 players, so it only would make sense that as time went on and the level cap went up that the bounty board posting costs would also need to be set to increase. And really if you look at it from the attackers perspective it's a bit more exhilirating to look on the boards and see you've achieved a bounty reward of more than a single fsp, thereby in a way honoring the commitment you've put into the game and paying your hard work. As I said before, I don't see an issue with this change to the bounty costs, or allowing monsters in realms to randomly(0.1% chance per kill) bounty their attackers as well....that would certainly make levelers appreciate their kills all that much more.

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2015 - 15:41

And really if you look at it from the attackers perspective it's a bit more exhilirating to look on the boards and see you've achieved a bounty reward of more than a single fsp, thereby in a way honoring the commitment you've put into the game and paying your hard work.

Now, that comment CAN'T be for real :)

So, you smack someone and you want to feel a sense of accomplishment because they've bountied you for more than the minimum ? - WHY would someone do that unless you've really pee'd on their cornflakes and they're calling a delevelling party ?

I think I'm gonna wait and see what the pvp changes are (and, hopefully, the bounty board with it) before continuing with this, 'cos at the moment, it's pure conjecture ..

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 16:53

Don't matter whatever you guys say to me, the reality is: "I want to pay less to bounty high level players".

Doesn't matter how much the critter drops, if you like your precious gold or if you think higher levels deserves special treatment, the reality is, the Bounty Board should cost 100 per level, but to bounty higher levels we can offer a FSP and pay less than the original amount.

That will not change the BB, not even a little, that will not save it or kill it, will stays 'Dead', I'm just giving a heads up saying that the rules are not working and need fix, please HCS comprehend this.

I've even saw comments regarding 'time for coding', really? I mean...are you serious?
HCS know the shoes to put to walk, and will do it when they see fit on the time, also, that should not take more 2~3 hours at the best.

On the top of the cake, most of the bounties posted doesn't come from levellers, but from PvPers.

#14 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 17:21

That will not change the BB, not even a little, that will not save it or kill it, will stays 'Dead', I'm just giving a heads up saying that the rules are not working and need fix, please HCS comprehend this.

So by your own admission... this change will do nothing... yet it should be implemented immediately. No need to wait for the pvp enhancements coming soon. do this now! o_O

#15 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 17:47

So by your own admission... this change will do nothing... yet it should be implemented immediately. No need to wait for the pvp enhancements coming soon. do this now! o_O

According to rumours, the new PvP Tournament will be something to fix/replace the PvP Ladder, not the Bounty Board.

Yeah, will do nothing, will just plain the field and make it fair for everyone, I'm not targeting EOC players on this, I've posted a lot of high level players too, now that's only 50K difference between FSP and EOC level, but imagine if nothing is done, a level 4.000 player been bountied for 1 FSP, it's not right and need that small fix.

And I'm not saying "I WANT IT NOW!", I've posted so HCS can see it, see that is a bug and fix it when they have the time to do it, or put on Dev. Roadmap, I don't care, I'm not the boss, I can't determine when they can or can not do anything.

#16 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 17:55

According to rumours, the new PvP Tournament will be something to fix/replace the PvP Ladder, not the Bounty Board.

Yeah, will do nothing, will just plain the field and make it fair for everyone, I'm not targeting EOC players on this, I've posted a lot of high level players too, now that's only 50K difference between FSP and EOC level, but imagine if nothing is done, a level 4.000 player been bountied for 1 FSP, it's not right and need that small fix.

And I'm not saying "I WANT IT NOW!", I've posted so HCS can see it, see that is a bug and fix it when they have the time to do it, or put on Dev. Roadmap, I don't care, I'm not the boss, I can't determine when they can or can not do anything.

"Rumours" - so let's wait it out... I'm guessing you will have a lot of different complaints when they introduce the new system... Based on the progress the cows are making on the roadmap, I'm pretty sure their plates are pretty full...and to ask for a change that makes little to no difference seems a waste.

Also, is it me or does the math seem off? You are suggesting 1k gold/level? so wouldn't it cost 2.5 million gold to post a level 2,500 player?

#17 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 17:59

Also, is it me or does the math seem off? You are suggesting 1k gold/level? so wouldn't it cost 2.5 million gold to post a level 2,500 player?

doesn't sound fair to a lower level player wanting to post the level 2,500

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 18:03

Oops, 100 gold per level lol.

I've made all the points I could make, lets see if HCS will answer to anything here, I'll not keep arguing on this.

#19 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 18:52

Now, that comment CAN'T be for real :)

So, you smack someone and you want to feel a sense of accomplishment because they've bountied you for more than the minimum ? - WHY would someone do that unless you've really pee'd on their cornflakes and they're calling a delevelling party ?

I think I'm gonna wait and see what the pvp changes are (and, hopefully, the bounty board with it) before continuing with this, 'cos at the moment, it's pure conjecture ..

Did you feel a sense of accomplishment when you reached level 2500? Sure you did, you worked hard to get there and nobody can take that away from you. Just like back in the glory days of bounty board dancing when bounty hunters had to really work to get a completion I would get a big smile on my face knowing I was up there for high fsp bounties and that I'd have lots of new friends wanting to play.

Sense of accomplishment is sometimes easy to attain based on someone's mood, for me I don't mind seeing a high fsp bounty placed, means that I not only peed on someone's cheerios(not cornflakes, thats just wrong) but also sank the unsinkable 'O'....think back, I'm sure you remember the commercial as well.

But alas, as a pvper I'm not allowed to feel any sense of accomplishment for my actions because I'm evil even if it's something so simple as tossing out that extra fsp...and honestly the only thing it does for me on the boards is add an extra dot that's not going into my pocket anyways but the pocket of the bounty hunter.

edit:sense of accomplishment...ask the pennah what her sense of accomplishment level was at the first time she beat me on the boards

Edited by moonfrost, 06 June 2015 - 18:55.

#20 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:19

Sorry yghor, but expecting the community to agree on anything pvp related is a pipe dream. The cows don't even agree on how pvp should work.

When the 1000 per level cost was introduced this was still back long before there were even level 1000 players, so it only would make sense that as time went on and the level cap went up that the bounty board posting costs would also need to be set to increase.

If only common sense worked .......

The cows have repeatedly said the changes they have planned will not effect normal pvp. It's a pvp tournament that will work to fix the ladder. They keep saying it, the same way.  It's the first step in whatever other changes they decide to make. We're still waiting to see what it actually does and what is to follow.  Unfortunately, those who do not participate in pvp related activities can not tell the difference. And as made clear by this thread, those of us who do participate in pvp related activities are looked down upon and made into villains (or bullies!) instead of being seen as players who play one of the many avenues available in the game. This is a pvp game. Like it or not, that's what you signed up for. I bet the titans don't think so highly of all the dreaded titan hunters but at least they accept that's how the darn game works.

Did you feel a sense of accomplishment when you reached level 2500? Sure you did, you worked hard to get there and nobody can take that away from you. Just like back in the glory days of bounty board dancing when bounty hunters had to really work to get a completion I would get a big smile on my face knowing I was up there for high fsp bounties and that I'd have lots of new friends wanting to play.

Sense of accomplishment is sometimes easy to attain based on someone's mood, for me I don't mind seeing a high fsp bounty placed, means that I not only peed on someone's cheerios(not cornflakes, thats just wrong) but also sank the unsinkable 'O'....think back, I'm sure you remember the commercial as well.

But alas, as a pvper I'm not allowed to feel any sense of accomplishment for my actions because I'm evil even if it's something so simple as tossing out that extra fsp...and honestly the only thing it does for me on the boards is add an extra dot that's not going into my pocket anyways but the pocket of the bounty hunter.

+1 Nicely said! Umm, except I didn't get the commercial reference. Sorry, I only seem to have luck remembering useless information like what nonsense trash talking comment some no name moron said 4 years ago that cost them levels.  4chsmu1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: